Author Topic: 'I'm not running for anything,' Governator says  (Read 2527 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
'I'm not running for anything,' Governator says
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-arnold25-2009mar25,0,4205725.story?track=rss

........Asked if that meant he had ruled out a race against Boxer, the governor said: "When I say I'm not running for anything, that's exactly what I mean . . . until you change the Constitution."

Assembly Speaker Karen Bass (D-Los Angeles) translated: "So he can run for president." ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: 'I'm not running for anything,' Governator says
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-arnold25-2009mar25,0,4205725.story?track=rss

........Asked if that meant he had ruled out a race against Boxer, the governor said: "When I say I'm not running for anything, that's exactly what I mean . . . until you change the Constitution."

You gotta love Arnold:    "Fuck that Senate shit...  I'll take President or nothing!"   ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »
Kissinger already runs things behind the scenes.

Maybe Arnold will get in there some day.

Him and Kissinger at the top

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:18:51 PM »
He sucked as governor why the fuck would I vote for him as President?  He's a cool guy and one of my all time favs, but not as a politician.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »
this is eerie

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »
found this while looking for that arnold / simpsons pic

:)

right click view image for larger image.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:57:42 PM »

Assembly Speaker Karen Bass (D-Los Angeles) translated: "So he can run for president." ;D

they are going to have to change the constitution when they admit Obama was born in Kenya. they'll wait till the economy changes and he looks like a hero. they can't kick him out when he's doing so good, so the constitution will be changed. then it's open for Arnold to run. these wheels have been in motion for decades. ;)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:07:31 PM »
Very charasmatic but an appalling politician. 

Sure he has street-smarts, however, falls miles-short when confronted with intellectual or philosophical debate.

Arnold is Hollywood; shallow and candy like! 

Arnold simply put,  manages. The country needs leaders.  Leaders lead people.  Managers (like Arnold) just manage resources....There is a difference!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 10:11:13 PM »
In two years, we will see Breaking News come across the TV screens that say Arnold was actually born in the U.S....Documents and all...

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »
found this while looking for that arnold / simpsons pic

:)

right click view image for larger image.

i cracked off so hard my left arm fell asleep

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 07:08:44 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/03/25/state/n153914D95.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea
Arnold Schwarzenegger says he’s not seeking any office after 2011.........

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 10:16:22 PM »
Arnold is a master of playing the media.  He is a politician for Christ sake, he is accustomed to lying to gain political advantage.

If Arnold says he isn't running then that may as well mean he could be running?!?

Bottom line, who gives a toss.  He was a boring and uncreative politician anyway.  He just surrounded himself with 'real' and clever politicians and simply stole/borrowed their policies and procedures.

He operates a bit like this so-called sport does!  Hmmmm.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 05:56:30 AM »
I love Arnold, but I'm sorry. They should not change the Constitution for the sake of HIM!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 06:55:26 AM »
It was a 30 billion dollar deficit when he took office,
Now 42 billion.  He is a democrat with a repulican front.
However, not too bad of a deficit considering what is taking
place on the international front.

Too many people are immigrating to California, in search of that
pot of gold under the rainbow.

If he really wanted to do something, he would add lanes to the freeways
in Los Angeles, or create more freeways.  It is entirely too conjested,
and is not going to get any better.  He will not go down in history as
a good governor.
Most are all show no go!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 06:57:30 AM »
How's he expect to govern the country (assuming constitutional amendment) when he's run Cali into the shitter.

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 07:04:50 AM »
they are going to have to change the constitution when they admit Obama was born in Kenya. they'll wait till the economy changes and he looks like a hero. they can't kick him out when he's doing so good, so the constitution will be changed. then it's open for Arnold to run. these wheels have been in motion for decades. ;)

Shit, man.  I hadn't thought of that. 

It would be the final payment made in the sell-out of America.  Fucking bastards.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 07:09:01 AM »
It was a 30 billion dollar deficit when he took office,
Now 42 billion. 

Whole campaign was about CA's ridiculous tax and spend, too. 'Taxed when you get coffee, taxed when you get gas in your over-taxed car,' blah blah ... More deficit, and now he wants more taxes.

Fuck that presidential amendment.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 07:34:36 AM »
I admire Arnold greatly but things haven't gone well in CA the past few years.  To his defence, California is dominated by liberals and has a huge illegal immigrant problem.  No conservative would have been effective with all the liberal pressure.  They have created a semi-nanny state which is bankrupting them (the rest of the nation should take clear notice here) and these things probably would have happened with or without Arnold. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 07:38:10 AM »
He sucked as governor why the fuck would I vote for him as President? 

Thank god they won't be changing the constitution for him and his ego. His best bet is some type of cabinet position with Obama later, probably in the environmental realm.

Sure he has street-smarts, however, falls miles-short when confronted with intellectual or philosophical debate.

I think this illustrates the fact that alot of his previous fortune was not based on the need for higher intellect of the type required in effective governing. Let's face it he looked like a genius standing beside Ferrigno & Columbu.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 08:51:13 AM »
they are going to have to change the constitution when they admit Obama was born in Kenya.

Oh shit! I hadn't thought of that either.  :o

That's bullshit that he was even ALLOWED to run for president if that is the case.  >:(

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 08:54:36 AM »
Thank god they won't be changing the constitution for him and his ego. His best bet is some type of cabinet position with Obama later, probably in the environmental realm.

I think this illustrates the fact that alot of his previous fortune was not based on the need for higher intellect of the type required in effective governing. Let's face it he looked like a genius standing beside Ferrigno & Columbu.

No god to thank.
I hate the State.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 08:55:08 AM »
I admire Arnold greatly but things haven't gone well in CA the past few years.  To his defence, California is dominated by liberals and has a huge illegal immigrant problem.  No conservative would have been effective with all the liberal pressure.  They have created a semi-nanny state which is bankrupting them (the rest of the nation should take clear notice here) and these things probably would have happened with or without Arnold. 

Agreed, but he knew that going in and swore he was above it. Wouldn't bow to special interest or bureaucracy, and he wouldn't raise taxes because "California doesn't have a revenue problem; it has a spending problem."

I don't wanna call the guy a liar, but he surely didn't keep his word.