Author Topic: US: North Korea loading rocket on launch pad  (Read 3321 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: US: North Korea loading rocket on launch pad
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 10:00:09 AM »
Actually not.  I lived in the Philippines for 9 years, my father had 2 isolated tours in South Korea in the 80's stationed at Osan, After he retired from the military he worked for the Government and in the 90's and 2000's, until just last year, made hundreds of trips to South Korea, Japan and China in a diplomatic status.  And him and I are real close.   ;)

So I'm not the average American not knowing what's going on over there.

Do we need to occupy Japan?  It's a situation left over from the cold war.  We closed quite a few bases in the 90's in the pacific and keeping Japan open allows us a way to project power.  I don't see us staying forever as our ability to project power grows longer and longer. 

Plus Ozmo must have plenty of Mink blankets....

Decide..gimme a break. On a day to day basis does Osan AFB do anything for Ozmo, no but in the bigger picture sure it does. That base and the bases on Okinawa, and Japan ensure that Asia remains stable. If the US disappeared tommorrow, the world would go to shit within weeks.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »

Plus Ozmo must have plenty of Mink blankets....

Decide..gimme a break. On a day to day basis does Osan AFB do anything for Ozmo, no but in the bigger picture sure it does. That base and the bases on Okinawa, and Japan ensure that Asia remains stable. If the US disappeared tommorrow, the world would go to shit within weeks.

Including my custom made leather coat from Lim's tailor that I'm wearing now.   :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 05:36:53 PM »
Hahaha......U best cutomer...I have deal for u. Actually I love haggling with them. I haggled a hamburger from Macdonalds over there. When ur dad was there it was waaaaay better to shop. Still, one of our guys got a brand new HP notebook with 3 extra batteries and case with the full standard warenty for 750..the comp is 2100 over here. The electronics market in Seoul is awsome.
L