Author Topic: What Would You Do? (ABC Primetime)  (Read 2333 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
What Would You Do? (ABC Primetime)
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »
PLEASE WATCH THIS!

They do a lot of interesting scenarios, but this one moved me to tears (from minute 4:31 forward). 
:

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: What Would You Do? (ABC Primetime)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:03:52 PM »
been there....gave a homeless woman  that ws shaking pretty bad a ride to the emergency room once...she ws prolly half nutso cause she cussed me out while i drove her...i left her in charge of the emergency staff...

gave another one em door to door guys a ride to the hospital...he rung the bell and said he felt faint and unwell...i thought "low blood sugar" so gave him a bottle of lemonade and dropped him off at the emergency room

carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:44:38 PM »
PLEASE WATCH THIS!

They do a lot of interesting scenarios, but this one moved me to tears. 

*bump*
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »
stop

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
:

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:12:53 PM »
stop and help.  Don't care if they are well dressed or not.  SOmeone collapses in frony of you, you need to help them. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »
I can't get over how many people ignored her pleas for help  >:(  I sobbed during the original airing of the show 2 weeks ago.  Apparently she made quite an impact on the viewers because ABC has been inundated with support of this woman.  It took some time to find her, but they have and here's the follow-up story.  http://www.abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/story?id=7125839&page=1

I missed the airing of it this past Tuesday  :(  dangit!

:

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 06:08:38 AM »
I can't get over how many people ignored her pleas for help  >:(  I sobbed during the original airing of the show 2 weeks ago. 

up the arimidex woman  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 06:19:51 AM »
stop and help.  Don't care if they are well dressed or not.  SOmeone collapses in frony of you, you need to help them. 

x2  And move the lady's purse between us.

I think one reason a larger number didn't stop for the homeless man probably thought he was just drunk and not in real danger.  Even the lady that finally ended up calling told the operator he was "passed out."
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 06:45:15 AM »
the real question Stells is...what would u do if u saw someone pull their pants down and take a dump on the sidewalk?? ;D

i bet a friend once to do it for $200 in Ocean City and he wouldn't....it ws like 2 am ....what a wuss  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 09:42:05 AM »
the real question Stells is...what would u do if u saw someone pull their pants down and take a dump on the sidewalk?? ;D

i bet a friend once to do it for $200 in Ocean City and he wouldn't....it ws like 2 am ....what a wuss  >:(
:-X
R

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
Linda Hamilton has changed alot since her filming with Arnold in Terminator 2

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 03:18:25 PM »

I think there's an issue with people thinking the person is faking it.
There's a world of con artists out there, and they'll stop at nothing to find the sucker that was born, in order to take advantage of them.
How many times have I been approached by someone that says "Excuse me, um, my car is right over there with my family. I'm from Oklahoma and we drove here looking for Oakland but ended up here in SF instead. I'm out of gas and just need $5 to fill up. Can you please help me?"

Why would you cross the bridge from Oakland and drive past the destination across the water?
Why would you come to Oakland, conveniently with "just enough" gas to make it to Oakland, but not have enough money to fill your tank again?
They say "excuse me" or "pardon me" or something to put you at ease, when it actually does the exact opposite.
We've heard many people beg and barter for our money, the money we decided to get out of bed and EARN by getting a job. But we've become desensitized to people actually falling ill or being in need of help because of all the people abusing us when they don't need our good graces. "One bad apple spoils the bunch" they say.
I'd bet that many people, whether they're willing to admit it or not, are afraid to be taken advantage of. Either a candid camera prank, getting a gun pulled on them and robbed, or just being embarrassed at the fact that the person might be narcoleptic or something.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »
its actually more common for ppl to not help then it is for ppl to help, Its been studied and is a proven psychological effect called diffusion of responsibility or something along those lines the more ppl around the less likely that any one individual will help b/c they figure other ppl will. Not to long ago i think in the 90's there was a lady who was murdered by her ex boyfriend, he went to her apartment banged on the door and she wouldnt let him in he said he was going to come back and kill her which he did about 15 mins later unfortunately it took a while and she screamed and cried out loud. Afterwards the police canvased the area and found that something like 30 ppl had heard the commotion and screams but nobody called the cops b/c they figured somebody else would...

Ill admit that before learning about this i probably would have just passed on by and not gave it much thought but since i try and make it a point to help ppl out when its needed.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »
I think it depends on where you are, time of day (although this scenario was staged as morning on your way to work) and if you’re with anyone.  If you’re in your own comfort zone ~ an area you’re accustomed to and familiar with, I think your action would be different than if you were in an unfamiliar place.  Also, how densely populated - or not – the area is would make a difference.

For me, this given scenario… absolutely, without a doubt I would help.  However, same scenario in a strange city … hmmm... I’m not so sure what I would do. :-\
:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
Would always stop.  Have done it before would do it again.  I don't think that kind of thing would happen here.