Author Topic: Homebound military question  (Read 734 times)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
Homebound military question
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:35:27 PM »
Has anyone heard rumors circulating about health care for returning servicemen and women?

Some says the Obama administration isn't going to pay for illnesses contacted while serving in Iraq.

Sounds like BS to me.
Any info anyone?
Sandra

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Homebound military question
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 03:28:04 PM »
Has anyone heard rumors circulating about health care for returning servicemen and women?

Some says the Obama administration isn't going to pay for illnesses contacted while serving in Iraq.

Sounds like BS to me.
Any info anyone?
Sandra

I posted about this a week ago.  Its not a joke.  However, the VA came down like a ton of bricks on this issue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »
Dead issue as of now..everybody went nuts and the idiots inside the White House relented. As much as I hate Obama, I can't see him either originating this or backing it.
L

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »
The soldiers aren't getting much in the form of healthcare from the military as it is. The most the military hospitals do is drug them up and leave them. Some amputees will receive a prosthetic limb (if they are lucky), but maintenance of the limb is costly and the gov is NOT going to cover that forever. As a matter of fact I believe once a prosthetic is received essentially the person is no longer considered disabled and is off the roles. Shameful
C

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
U fucking moron.....first off we (US military) leads the world in traumatic medical procedures period. The guys get the best medical care for wounds in the world, period. Second....our postetic limbs are the best available. Guys are returning to combat with them, jumping with them. And by jumping I mean..out of a plane. Mt buddy lost both airdrum when his sniper engaged a shitbag with the Barret. He has the best hearing aids on the market. And Uncle Sam covers all that for life. Is the VA or military medical care the best, no...but we're doing a pretty good job. The care I get is better then urs....ur worthless and have no idea what ur talking about.
L

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »
Im a veteran with a National Guard, never deployed to a combat zone but I did spend about two years deployed. I have free health care for about 5 years.  I have used my benefits for about the last two years and I have had no problems. I have been treated very well in fact. Don't believe everything you read, most people working in the VA are veterans and they respect each others service.

I think alot of you have watch "born on the fourth of july" and "Platoon" to many times.

Also what HH6 says its almost always correct.

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »
Just read HH6 post, I have hearing damage as well in my right ear from being a gunner 11c mortar man... I don't consider it a big deal the VA offered hearing aids but I turned it down.