Author Topic: Porsche 930 Turbo  (Read 794 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Porsche 930 Turbo
« on: March 27, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
Today I went to a Foreign car repair place in Annapolis.  They have cars outside in various states of repair outside Several old 911 shells, a Newly finished 912 with the 6 cyl, not the 4 cyl., A E34 m5, a E39 M5, and a car that kept attracting me. A late 80's 930 Turbo, in black. I want that car, along with the M5's. Damn, I wish I had the money. here is a vid of one

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Porsche 930 Turbo
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 12:11:10 AM »
Today I went to a Foreign car repair place in Annapolis.  They have cars outside in various states of repair outside Several old 911 shells, a Newly finished 912 with the 6 cyl, not the 4 cyl., A E34 m5, a E39 M5, and a car that kept attracting me. A late 80's 930 Turbo, in black. I want that car, along with the M5's. Damn, I wish I had the money. here is a vid of one

If you have ever seen the movie NO Mans Land then you have seen my old car.  It is the black 935 that Charlie Sheen steals.  My friend Pete had bought that car off of Charlie and had it painted Candy Red and shipped to Hawaii to have there with his Rolls.  He then wanted to sell it and I found a buyer.  Two or three months later the guy that had bought the car needed money badly.  I bought the car from him.  When I moved back to LA in 1998 I sold it to a friend there.  This car had a twin turbo but Pete had them both taken off.  It was still really nice.  I have interior shoots somewhere.  Pete paid a painter $5,000 to paint the rims and guages candy red.  He also hand painted the numbers on the gauges

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »
Nice, how'd like driving it? You never did the old "take your foot off the throttle during a turn move", when your suppose to do the opposite and keep it planted?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:51 PM »
Nice, how'd like driving it? You never did the old "take your foot off the throttle during a turn move", when your suppose to do the opposite and keep it planted?
It was fun to drive but on Oahu there wasn't many place to really open it up.  The H1 has a few good stretches but even those aren't much more than a mile before you come up to something that makes you slow down.  I honestly took it out more for the looks people gave me and when in Waikiki people would run up to it at a stop light and take a picture with it.  My 67 convertible Firebird was really fun to drive.  It got looks and thumbs up from everyone.  It really was a hot car.  But my favorite car I had in Hawaii was my cherokee. Mostly cause I could go anywhere with it and I could keep stuff in it like diving stuff and my kayak.  So it was my favortie car there as my CJ7 was in LA when I had one.  When I can get them I will post up the gauges of the 935.  They were pretty cool.