Author Topic: Serious Question for Cheftim  (Read 1592 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Serious Question for Cheftim
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:59:59 AM »
Lets say the president of IRAN, Mahmoud El Paedophile Ahmadinejad, just arrived to the hotel where you are working at, and your mission is to prepare him the dinner. In the meanwhile, 2 men in black appear and tell you "Chef, put this powder in the president's meal, dont ask questions, just do it, and if anything goes wrong, the goverment will not recognize anything of this, do it for america" (like it usually happened with John Rambo).

Would you do it?

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
Re: Serious Question for Cheftim
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:08:39 AM »
estan de vacaciones en chile??? que al pedo que estas man...

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »
lol porque dices eso "ale" :)

BigKevinD

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:22:39 AM »
lol porque dices eso "ale" :)

Tú eres el mejor Benz. Verdadero guerrero

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 11:58:13 AM »

LOL! gracias ESE !

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 01:30:38 PM »

major HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAH at your avatar
fucking great  ;D

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 03:33:18 PM »
looks delicious.
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 03:39:28 PM »
the way i look at it, since i'm on track to onlyme stature, i might as well taste some fine food.

so far i've knocked off the "top 10 breakfasts in chicago" and the "top 10 brunches in chicago" list.

working on lunch soon.
Deep Tissue Massage

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
thanks for being honest cheftim, you the man

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »
Alinea is one of the best restaurants in the country if your in Chicago? If your really into cutting edge food? The place is pretty cool.
http://www.alinearestaurant.com/

yeah i know, the last time i tried to get a reservation was for valentine's day.   ::)  oh brother, the chick just laughed on the phone.

some food magazine i read had this long spiel on how he uses nuclear technology or something to make his desserts.

also, i saw a show on the food network on the guy who makes their "silverware".  it's all custom made spoons, forks, dessert holders, etc.

so i'll keep trying.
Deep Tissue Massage

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »
the way i look at it, since i'm on track to onlyme stature, i might as well taste some fine food.

so far i've knocked off the "top 10 breakfasts in chicago" and the "top 10 brunches in chicago" list.

working on lunch soon.

Where can I find these lists?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »
Alinea is one of the best restaurants in the country if your in Chicago? If your really into cutting edge food? The place is pretty cool.
http://www.alinearestaurant.com/
I have had Great Success duplicating their meals with their cookbook.  Totally easy and inventive!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »
at the moment i personally think the whole tiny mini meals with high tech creation is dumb. i want alot of food to eat and get stuffed. not little teaser treats like im an infant.  wanna-be artistic folks can take that restaurant and the like, ill go to a nice steakhouse and get two 20 ounce porterhouse's.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 05:09:03 PM »
at the moment i personally think the whole tiny mini meals with high tech creation is dumb. i want alot of food to eat and get stuffed. not little teaser treats like im an infant.  wanna-be artistic folks can take that restaurant and the like, ill go to a nice steakhouse and get two 20 ounce porterhouse's.

That's bcuz u eat 4 teh gainz brah!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 05:10:38 PM »
Cool part about that book for me is the plate presentations. Even if you don't fancy their stlye of Gastronomy? You can totally get some ideas from their plate presentations. Color combinations.
I just got 660 Curries by Iyer in the mail this weekend and am LOVING IT!

Tonight I am making Pizza using King Arthur`s Recipe for dough, and then using Parmesan, Fontiago and Mozzarella.  I am then using Heston Blumenthal`s technique for Sauce with  San Marzano tomatoes.
I have homemade Sausage to go on top, with Basil Leaves, A few Chantrelles, caramelized onions, Vine Ripened Tomatoes and some Sea Salt.  I am also using Blumenthals Technique of Rapid cooking.

Tim,
We made an Irish Chocolate Stout cake also, and I believe it is my favorite texture for cake so far.  Is there anything comparable that you can recommend?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 05:12:32 PM »
I just got 660 Curries by Iyer in the mail this weekend and am LOVING IT!

Tonight I am making Pizza using King Arthur`s Recipe for dough, and then using Parmesan, Fontiago and Mozzarella.  I am then using Heston Blumenthal`s technique for Sauce with  San Marzano tomatoes.
I have homemade Sausage to go on top, with Basil Leaves, A few Chantrelles, caramelized onions, Vine Ripened Tomatoes and some Sea Salt.  I am also using Blumenthals Technique of Rapid cooking.

Tim,
We made an Irish Chocolate Stout cake also, and I believe it is my favorite texture for cake so far.  Is there anything comparable that you can recommend?
Oh and Fini Olive Oil drizzled at the finish.  I was thinking of using Truffle Oil, but figured that would be too powerful with the Chantrelles already there.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 05:23:21 PM »
in any given day what the most time you spend cooking for yourself?

or are you always cooking for so many people, you manage to set aside a plate for yourself?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 05:26:39 PM »
I make a European thin crust semolina pizza with san marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzerella, then topped with white truffle oil, fresh basil, and Camargue sea salt. I cannot make enough of these things. My women cliente wet their pants over these things. Thin and crunchy like crackers. I'm tired of making them!
So I should go with the Truffle Oil eh?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »
In extreme moderation. That stuff is strong. Restraint is a very valuable lesson in cooking. Less is best.
Will you make sure you put a Forum on your site.  A lot of us will definitely follow you over.