Author Topic: Obamas to use own cash to redecorate White House  (Read 1096 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obamas to use own cash to redecorate White House
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:23:55 AM »
(CNN) — The Obamas are using their own money to redecorate the White House residence and Oval Office, forgoing the $100,000 in federal funds that is traditionally allotted to new presidents for such renovation projects.

The first couple — who made well over $2 million in 2008, largely fom from book revenues — is also turning down money from the White House Historical Association, the organization that financed a $74,000 set of china for the Bushes.

New presidents have traditionally undertaken extensive redecoration efforts to their personal quarters reflect their own tastes, with a new Oval Office rug tradition ringing in as the priciest item. Former President George W. Bush spent over $60,000 on a new cream carpet designed by Laura Bush in 2000 to replace the deep blue rug that covered the space during the Clinton administration. Obama aides have said the president likes the Bush rug, and does not plan to replace it.

The decision to forgo federal funds, confirmed by the White House Monday, is the president's latest belt-tightening move amid the sagging economy and widespread outrage over corporate excesses. Late last month, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs announced the administration had put an order on hold for a fleet of new helicopters that will cost at least $11 billion.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Obamas to use own cash to redecorate White House
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:25:56 AM »
Gee thats great...good job Barry.
L

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »
Why give up $100 grand to redecorate when you already want to grow the debt to $10 trillion?  ::)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 12:52:10 PM »
Very good...now how about some public restraint with our money as well?

240, why do you hug his nuts all day?  Be objective bro...call him out when a bad decision is made, praise him with a good decision.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »
card check, cap trade all shit.  union love = all shit.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
what about his weekly cocktail parties?, cudos to him for steping up and paying for remoldeling out of pocket though

The point is 240 you only praise obama you dont start threads when he fucks up you slink back and deflect it...the only time you even say anything bad about him is when somebody corners you and then you just say i think this or that is bad. why do you believe card check to be bad, cap and trade to be bad?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
Good decision. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »
There is nothing Obama can do that will appease for one second many of his critics. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »
There is nothing Obama can do that will appease for one second many of his critics. 

and nothing that he can do that will displease for one second many of his fans...

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »
and nothing that he can do that will displease for one second many of his fans...
Possibly...until they get a gander of his health plan.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »

I'm a critic and I'm appeased. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »
Possibly...until they get a gander of his health plan.
no worries bro bush will take the blame for that just like he has for barrys questionable moves thus far.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 02:53:02 PM »
I'm a critic and I'm appeased. 
Great Beach Bum.  Then you are not one of the  many

...you are one of the few.

The proud....

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »
no worries bro bush will take the blame for that just like he has for barrys questionable moves thus far.
There's some truth in that.  After all, what did Bush do for our national healthcare crisis except make it worse with his mediscare policies taking bargaining power away from the federal government and vesting more power in Big Pharma.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »
I will probably think better of Obama for this - but thing is it really shouldn't matter all that much.

Whether Obama can come up with some good plans for the economy is what really matters.

But perhaps this whole leading by example in small things is an aspect that is more important than I've understood in the past.

I don't know - I'm still sceptical about how Obama is not stepping in with full force and taking over the bad banks.
I'd like to see a more offensive stimulus bill, but with more of it going to building infrastructure.
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »
That fact that it "leaked" out tells u all u need to know.
L