Author Topic: Anatomy Lesson, Muscles of the Neck - How to Train - Biggest Necks in History  (Read 8941 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
Sternocleidomastoid

Splenius

Levator Scapulae

Best Neck in Human History - Jeff King

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Best Neck in Human History - Jeff King

That pic cracks me up every time.
from incomplete data

Method101

• Getbig V

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
from incomplete data

Method101

• Getbig V
Serious question.. would anyone else here like to have a neck like that?
I know it's impossible as a natural but i'm in the process of building my neck as big as i can without drugs... currently 15.5"(barely over average of 15") but i only started  training it 1 week ago...

Shawdow

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Methold101, what the FUCK is wrong with you dude?
you have an obsession with huge necks
you do realize that guy looks fucking horrible right?
most people would look at him and throw up, that neck doesn't look good or right
get some help....

Method101

• Getbig V
Methold101, what the FUCK is wrong with you dude?
you have an obsession with huge necks
you do realize that guy looks fucking horrible right?
most people would look at him and throw up, that neck doesn't look good or right
get some help....
Shawdow, we don't all want to live our lives with a 14" neck like you that would snap in a strong wind. Your neck is pretty much the only muscle which is always visible, so why wouldn't you want it to appear thick/strong?

If i cared about what other people liked i wouldnt be weightlifting to the degree i am already, and would just have done press ups/crunches.

I am pushing the point about the Neck muscle because it is neglected by most casual weightlifters.

for the record my goal would be 18-20" neck, jeff kings neck in these photos must be easily "22-24

Shawdow

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Shawdow, we don't all want to live our lives with a 14" neck like you that would snap in a strong wind. Your neck is pretty much the only muscle which is always visible, so why wouldn't you want it to appear thick/strong?

If i cared about what other people liked i wouldnt be weightlifting to the degree i am already, and would just have done press ups/crunches.

hahahaha you're so dumb you don't even realize how horrible that fucking looks lol! ;D
my neck has perfect size and unlike you i am not so insecure that i need to get a huge gross neck lmao! ;D

Method101

• Getbig V

hahahaha you're so dumb you don't even realize how horrible that fucking looks lol! ;D
my neck has perfect size and unlike you i am not so insecure that i need to get a huge gross neck lmao! ;D
Why are you on a site called Getbig? you sound like the typical slutty woman with no class using words like "gross".

Shawdow

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Why are you on a site called Getbig? you sound like the typical slutty woman with no class using words like "gross".

hahahahah you fucking clown, it's called getbig not getabigneck ;D
go do some neck crunches forrest lol!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
guy's neck is really huge as c0k

Method101

• Getbig V

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
I wud  luv to have a neck like that guy, minus the cok.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
I wud  luv to have a neck like that guys minus the cok.

fixed

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
fixed

Psychological projection: According to Sigmund Freud, projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Psychological projection:  Eisenherz wants c0k

fixed  :P

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
 :D
from incomplete data

Method101

• Getbig V

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
legendary skills

Looks totally realistic - 10/10

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
One of the better neck training articles- http://www.elitefts.com/documents/the_yoke.htm .

Still maintained a quality neck after he leaned out also.

That being said, I think the old fellas were on to something when they mentioned that the arms, calves, and neck should be of similar measure. It gives a nice balanced look to the physique.

Nothing worse than seeing a fellow with quality arms and shoulders, but no traps or neck.

Method101

• Getbig V
Great thread. What exercises do you do for neck?

Seated Head Harness Neck Resistance 5x12
(Extension of neck, main muscle trained is splenius and rear fibres of sterniocleidomastoid)

Lying Face-Up Plate Neck Resistance 5x20-30
(hold a plate on your forehead with a towel wrapped around it, stick your head back over the edge of a bench and flex your neck up till facing celing).

that covers the sterniocleidomastoid and splenius muscles, the Levator Scapulae gets worked sufficiently when your doing shrugs but you could hold a weight plate on the side of your head and bring your head from your shoulder to center and back, but when i tried this i felt like i was going to be violently sick lol.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
you look like an idiot with a neck like that.

m8

• Getbig V
Jeff King was a freak, no doubt about it.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
 :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Seated Head Harness Neck Resistance 5x12
(Extension of neck, main muscle trained is splenius and rear fibres of sterniocleidomastoid)

Lying Face-Up Plate Neck Resistance 5x20-30
(hold a plate on your forehead with a towel wrapped around it, stick your head back over the edge of a bench and flex your neck up till facing celing).

that covers the sterniocleidomastoid and splenius muscles, the Levator Scapulae gets worked sufficiently when your doing shrugs but you could hold a weight plate on the side of your head and bring your head from your shoulder to center and back, but when i tried this i felt like i was going to be violently sick lol.

Most or practically all gyms don't have a neck harness.  Did you buy one online?  If so, which one do you recommend?  How often do you train your neck?