Author Topic: Drug testing for welfare recipients  (Read 4132 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Drug testing for welfare recipients
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 05:56:39 PM »
i'd LOVE to see it.

HOWEVER,

A lot of them are going to get very violent and start committing crimes once they start starving to death.  They'll be homeless, stealing from stores, sticking revolvers in your face at grocery stores.  We're talking TEN PERCENT of Americans who are currently getting food stamps.

I hate the idea of handouts, and I love drug testing... but seriously.. that's 30 million americans who are soon going to be hungry and desperate... kids starving to death on the street... parents stabbing strangers in the gut for $10 for groceries.

It's a start.. what do you suggest ?  either way, these problematic people would be put under control (either via death or incarcaration) in a number of years and we would have a much better society for it.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »
I'm not into welfare, but if I "knew" someone was starving, I'd give em 5 bucks for a meal.  If you're holding a sign on the side of the road saying will work for food, I'll give you $100 if you drink my dipcup.  I'm not a bad guy, I pay it forward.
\

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 07:59:29 PM »
I'm for it. 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
Good idea. If they fail the test, you execute them on the spot. There's a word in the English language; compassion. Try looking it up.
a

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 11:39:42 PM »
Good idea. If they fail the test, you execute them on the spot. There's a word in the English language; compassion. Try looking it up.

Compassion and Political Correctness is what has lead to the demise of America and North America, where was this shit when our parents were growing up ?!! people were tough because they had to be, none of this free handout bullshit.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 02:49:39 AM »
a step in the right direction either way

Yes, they definitely need to make some changes, both in the interest of making efficient use of funds as well as for the benefit of the recipient of those funds.  I'm against government drug testing but I'm not in favor of giving away free money either.  If someone needs money, then the government should make them work for it.  If someone insists on using crime to get by, they go to the clink. 

Government funded training programs should be available for people who don't have the skills to pay the bills and who want to better themselves.  Helping people to help themselves will be far more effective than just giving out money week after week.  When you open avenues of improvement and dispel the hopelessness that these people live with, drug use and other symptoms of poverty will drop sharply.  Attacking the symptoms of the condition of poverty is the wrong approach imo.