Author Topic: New dating show for slobs  (Read 608 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
New dating show for slobs
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »
Starting later this year, you will no longer have to leave the comfort of your home to enjoy the sight of overweight couples dating at the multiplex.

Fox returns to the dating-competition scene with "More to Love," in which a group of "curvy women" are afforded the same opportunity to humiliate themselves over one guy, "Bachelor"-style. And the bachelor, whom all the contestants will aspire to land, will also have "a big waist and an even bigger heart."

"For six years, it's been skinny-minis and good-looking bachelors, and that's not what the dating world looks like," Darnell told the trades.

Which -- hello -- is kinda the point. Same reason we like our movie stars pretty. Except Jack Black. There's no explaining him. Or Seth Rogen.

Darnell begs to differ, insisting that the larger competitors make it "instantly relatable to the vast majority of people in the dating pool."

"This is a dating show that sends the right message about embracing and loving yourself no matter your shape or size," proclaimed Fleiss, the exec-producer of ABC's who-can-forget "Are You Hot? The Search for America's Sexiest People," in which skinny-minis and good-looking bachelors underwent the scrutiny of three celebrity judges, including Lorenzo Lamas, who used a laser pointer to zero in on contestants' physical imperfections.

Warming up to his cliche, Fleiss added that "when you are comfortable with your own body, you can really allow yourself to be open to the possibility of finding the right person to love."

On national TV.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: New dating show for slobs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:28:24 PM »
Yes!

Now that Tool Academy's done, i need a new train wreck of a show to watch.
Deep Tissue Massage

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 02:48:35 PM »
Which -- hello -- is kinda the point. Same reason we like our movie stars pretty. Except Jack Black. There's no explaining him. Or Seth Rogen.

My mate went to the USA recently, he said the reason people like movie stars there is that they must be the only thin and good looking people in the whole country. The whole place was fat.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 02:58:34 PM »
where exactly did 'your mate' go?

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »
where exactly did 'your mate' go?

Arizona, Cali i think maybe some time in Vegas

i'm sorry he didn't see your ripped physique he would have had a different opinion then  ;)