Author Topic: Scientific Proof?  (Read 10905 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: Scientific Proof?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »
I actually understand your frustration with many of my Christian brothers and sisters.  Often they are a bit over zealous in their approach.  We are obligated to share the Gospel, but it is never supposed to be pushed on anyone.  We are to be bold in our love and declaration for Christ, but many Christians misunderstand what that truly means.  It does not mean we are to try and hammer the Word of God into others.  A good example of that is some of my recent posting here.  I have been going back and forth with some who clearly have no interest in God.  I will leave you with this: Christians do not want others to do as them.  The do base everthing they do on the Bible, but above all they want the Will of God to be done

but don't you see how inherently dangerous that is?  I mean, people act out the will of god by running plains into buildings, blowing up themselves in crowded marketplaces, bombing abortion clinics, murdering innocent people on a daily basis since the beginning of time?

Aslo, here's a better question.  If there was scientific proof that god did not exist, would you still believe in god anyway?  i think most people would and would cite some BS answer like "well, god created everything, of course he can keep himself in the dark, able to hide from science."  The point is that christians are not thinking criticaly, they are thinking in ideals, but as we all know, ideal is NOT reality. 

All I want is some sustainable proof that can be tested that gives ANY iota of evidence to the reality of god, but there is ZERO.  Saying that we can't prove god doesn't exist is not a viable answer/retort.  That is simply illogical thinking.  I can't prove that my dog doesn't understand Camus, that doesn't mean he does.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 04:04:49 PM »
but don't you see how inherently dangerous that is?  I mean, people act out the will of god by running plains into buildings, blowing up themselves in crowded marketplaces, bombing abortion clinics, murdering innocent people on a daily basis since the beginning of time?

Aslo, here's a better question.  If there was scientific proof that god did not exist, would you still believe in god anyway?  i think most people would and would cite some BS answer like "well, god created everything, of course he can keep himself in the dark, able to hide from science."  The point is that christians are not thinking criticaly, they are thinking in ideals, but as we all know, ideal is reality. 

All I want is some sustainable proof that can be tested that gives ANY iota of evidence to the reality of god, but there is ZERO.  Saying that we can't prove god doesn't exist is not a viable answer/retort.  That is simply illogical thinking.  I can't prove that my dog doesn't understand Camus, that doesn't mean he does.

What kind of dog do you have?
I hate the State.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 04:40:22 PM »
What kind of dog do you have?

one that doesn't understand camus... but maybe shit like dan brown.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 09:19:49 PM »
Creation (intelligent design) itself testifies to God's powers. Not to mention the numerous accounts of miracles and the like.  :)

CG/DEA_AGENT

miracles make no sense if there is a god. Also,intelligent design has been dragged through the mud and shitted on so many times i have lost count.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »
Evolution depends on BENEFITIAL MUTATIONS that occur by CHANCE.
So maybe intelligent design is more fesable than saying we came to be by chance.
Evolution and creation are just theories, no absolute concrete proof either way.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 12:24:13 AM »

Aslo, here's a better question.  If there was scientific proof that god did not exist, would you still believe in god anyway?  i think most people would and would cite some BS answer like "well, god created everything, of course he can keep himself in the dark, able to hide from science."  The point is that christians are not thinking criticaly, they are thinking in ideals, but as we all know, ideal is NOT reality. 

There are many things that are said to be done as the Will of God, but have nothing to do with God's Will.  There was a time in America when the Klan (maybe it still happens) would tell you that they were doing God's Will.  It could also be that these people's god is telling them to do these things.  Not every believe in, or influenced by the God of Abraham.  There are times when even Christians are deceived by spirits.  That is why God told us that we are to challenged them (1 John: 4).  Christians often underestimate the trickery of satan.  We forget how quickly he can enter into a person; even sometimes a devout Christian.  An example of this is when Jesus was explaining that He would be captured, tortured and killed.  Peter rebuked Christ for saying these things, and Christ said to him, "Get behind me, Satan!  You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men (Mark 8:31-33)."

I do believe that someday there will be "scientific evidence" that God does not exist.  If that day should come, it will only be more tricks of satan.  There will never be any true scientific evidence that God does not exist.  The day is coming when God's existence will be known by all.  You say that Christians do not think critically and logically.  I am a Christian and I work in the Information Technology field.  I understand and utilize logically thinking daily.  I do this because I am in this world and that is how I support my family.  As a Christian, I think spiritually because I am not of this world.  This is how I feed my spirit.  Christ has told us that though we are in this world, but we are not of this world (John 15:9, John 18:36).

If you are going to need proof that God exists, then you will never please God.  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6).

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 12:40:15 AM »
I am not of this world.

Have you met Johnny Falcon?
You and him would get along like peas and carrots.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 02:15:57 AM »
Have you met Johnny Falcon?
You and him would get along like peas and carrots.

I am assuming this is meant as humor.  That is cool, but it does kind of show how Scripture is sometimes taken out of context.  Just reading that one line from my post, one could get the totally wrong impression.

By the way, who is Johnny Falcon?

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 02:46:33 AM »
By the way, who is Johnny Falcon?
Have no fear fitt, you are not the only E.T on GB.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 05:25:01 AM »
We have plenty evidence of intelligent design, seen and unseen. For instance, a house was designed and then built by an intelligent designer. I guess, that  point can't be argued, but ya never know. Anyway, how can anyone dispute that the human body was not brought about by chance, it had to be designed and built. It has so many complex systems within systems which, when compared to a house design, literally breaks the scale of complexity. Who takes credit for that? The human body, that is.

In the Hebrew and Aramaic Scriptures, the scientific evidence of there being another source of it's authorship, besides man, is there. It has already been pointed out, yet people still come up with excuses to the contrary. It's like some cigarette smokers, they will say, and I paraphrase of course, " Ha, my great granddaddy smoked until he was 101 years old, never got cancer". Or maybe " people get lung cancer all the time without smoking". So then, some will always find away to refute sound evidence with anything that they are hooked on.

There are just as many top minds in this world that accept this evidence as oppose it. I just hope that whatever ones choice is, that they are completely happy with the end result. Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 05:55:27 AM »
There are many things that are said to be done as the Will of God, but have nothing to do with God's Will.  There was a time in America when the Klan (maybe it still happens) would tell you that they were doing God's Will.  It could also be that these people's god is telling them to do these things.  Not every believe in, or influenced by the God of Abraham.  There are times when even Christians are deceived by spirits.  That is why God told us that we are to challenged them (1 John: 4).  Christians often underestimate the trickery of satan.  We forget how quickly he can enter into a person; even sometimes a devout Christian.  An example of this is when Jesus was explaining that He would be captured, tortured and killed.  Peter rebuked Christ for saying these things, and Christ said to him, "Get behind me, Satan!  You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men (Mark 8:31-33)."

I do believe that someday there will be "scientific evidence" that God does not exist.  If that day should come, it will only be more tricks of satan.  There will never be any true scientific evidence that God does not exist.  The day is coming when God's existence will be known by all.  You say that Christians do not think critically and logically.  I am a Christian and I work in the Information Technology field.  I understand and utilize logically thinking daily.  I do this because I am in this world and that is how I support my family.  As a Christian, I think spiritually because I am not of this world.  This is how I feed my spirit.  Christ has told us that though we are in this world, but we are not of this world (John 15:9, John 18:36).

If you are going to need proof that God exists, then you will never please God.  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6).

Good post!

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 06:09:40 AM »
miracles make no sense if there is a god.

A miracle, amazing to the eye of the beholder, is something beyond his ability to perform or even to understand fully. It is also a powerful work, requiring greater power or knowledge than he has. But from the viewpoint of the one who is the source of such power, it is not a miracle. He understands it and has the ability to do it. Thus, many acts that God performs are amazing to humans beholding them but are merely the exercise of his power. If a person believes in a deity, particularly in the God of creation, he cannot consistently deny God’s power to accomplish things awe-inspiring to the eyes of men. (Romans 1:20)

Also,intelligent design has been dragged through the mud

It looks like a split decision from what I can tell.  ;D

CG/DEA_AGENT

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 12:32:12 PM »
Have no fear fitt, you are not the only E.T on GB.

I'm speechless....and that does not happen often.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 04:08:59 PM »
At least I've confirmed that many of you are complete whack jobs. I just skull fucked jesus, prove I didn't.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 08:24:04 PM »
At least I've confirmed that many of you are complete whack jobs. I just skull fucked jesus, prove I didn't.

Why is so hard for you to comprehend that we understand that you are going to think we are "complete whack jobs?"  Do you want us to be angry with you?  Do you want to argue just for the sake of arguing?  Think what you will of us, but I have nothing but love for you and those like you.  You keep asking for proof.  As I have said many times before, we live by faith. 

If you believe in your heart that Jesus and God do not exist, then so be it.  If you believe we are delusional, then so be it.  However, you should ask yourself why is that you spend time trying to convince Christians that they are so wrong. 

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »
At least I've confirmed that many of you are complete whack jobs.

Harsh words coming from a person who doesn't believe in intelligent design. When you tell your friends that the dwelling you live in "happened" by chance, what do they say? Do they really look to you as being reasonable? Just asking?   :)

CG/DEA_AGENT

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 08:52:14 PM »

Harsh words coming from a person who doesn't believe in intelligent design. When you tell your friends that the dwelling you live in "happened" by chance, what do they say? Do they really look to you as being reasonable? Just asking?   :)

CG/DEA_AGENT

There isn't much intelligence in intelligent design.  I have an appendix to prove it and a big waste of space in the universe.   :D

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 09:03:57 PM »
Faith = belief without reason.  that in itself is highly delusional.  There is reason behind everything scientific.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 09:35:39 PM »
Faith = belief without reason.  that in itself is highly delusional.  There is reason behind everything scientific.

I agree. If you would study and research the Bible, you would see the evidence to back faith. Do you need a picture of the wind? Do you need a picture of gravity? Do you need a pic of the 4 forces? What's your point, my friend?

I'm glad at least you do agree that intelligent design is apparent in the world that we live in. If you believe that a house has to have a designer, how in the world can you reject the notion of the human body having one also? Does a car just happen by chance? Does a Rolex watch appear out of nowhere? Yet, these items pale miserably compared to the human body in complexity in regards to design. You guys call us, "wacky". Hey, I might need to go back to programming and check and see what all those flow charts and "stuff" was about. I think the college lied to me.

I've never ran into such illogical reasoning in my life. I hope you will reconsider you stance on design of the human body, at least.

CG/DEA_AGENT

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »

I agree. If you would study and research the Bible, you would see the evidence to back faith. Do you need a picture of the wind? Do you need a picture of gravity? Do you need a pic of the 4 forces? What's your point, my friend?

I'm glad at least you do agree that intelligent design is apparent in the world that we live in. If you believe that a house has to have a designer, how in the world can you reject the notion of the human body having one also? Does a car just happen by chance? Does a Rolex watch appear out of nowhere? Yet, these items pale miserably compared to the human body in complexity in regards to design. You guys call us, "wacky". Hey, I might need to go back to programming and check and see what all those flow charts and "stuff" was about. I think the college lied to me.

I've never ran into such illogical reasoning in my life. I hope you will reconsider you stance on design of the human body, at least.

CG/DEA_AGENT

Scientific consistencies are not indicative of intelligent design.  intelligent design is a newly coined term to battle evolution. there's nothing intelligent in the design of most things on this planet, but we've evolved into creatures that are better adapted to our environments.  we all started out as sludge and we've been moving up ever since.  That's not the prettiest picture, but it is the most accurate.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 09:30:23 AM »

CG/DEA_AGENT

a miracle requires a break in the natural order suggesting god had to intervene. If he knows the future and is perfect they intevening would be admitting mistake or something he never anticipated.There is no reason he couldn't have not had the event occur naturally.

Also, there is more unintelligent design then design in the world, look at birth defects, the sun eventually going to supernova killing us all,myopia in the human eye, the appendix etc etc etc....

if you beleive a perfect being made this world then you are the one who is unreasonable. Why do you assume chance is the only other option?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 09:57:57 AM »
There isn't much intelligence in intelligent design.  I have an appendix to prove it and a big waste of space in the universe.   :D

Also, there is more unintelligent design then design in the world, look at birth defects, the sun eventually going to supernova killing us all,myopia in the human eye, the appendix etc etc etc....

Just because we don't yet know the purpose of something like the appendix, it does not follow that God doesn't exist, or that God did not design and create everything.

Even if these scientists were to be wrong about the appendix this time, it does not follow that we won't find an important purpose for the appendix in the future.

Scientists may have found appendix’s purpose
Seemingly useless organ may produce, protect good germs for your gut

MSNBC
Oct . 5, 2007

WASHINGTON - Some scientists think they have figured out the real job of the troublesome and seemingly useless appendix: It produces and protects good germs for your gut.

That’s the theory from surgeons and immunologists at Duke University Medical School, published online in a scientific journal this week.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21153898/

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
Just because we don't yet know the purpose of something like the appendix, it does not follow that God doesn't exist, or that God did not design and create everything.

Even if these scientists were to be wrong about the appendix this time, it does not follow that we won't find an important purpose for the appendix in the future.

Scientists may have found appendix’s purpose
Seemingly useless organ may produce, protect good germs for your gut

MSNBC
Oct . 5, 2007

WASHINGTON - Some scientists think they have figured out the real job of the troublesome and seemingly useless appendix: It produces and protects good germs for your gut.

That’s the theory from surgeons and immunologists at Duke University Medical School, published online in a scientific journal this week.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21153898/

Cool. good find loco.

they have any theories on the use for lazy 17 year olds?  ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 12:25:59 PM »

Cool. good find loco.

they have any theories on the use for lazy 17 year olds?  ;D

Have not seen any yet, but I'm sure they have a important purpose too!    ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
Scientific consistencies are not indicative of intelligent design.  intelligent design is a newly coined term to battle evolution. there's nothing intelligent in the design of most things on this planet, but we've evolved into creatures that are better adapted to our environments.  we all started out as sludge and we've been moving up ever since.  That's not the prettiest picture, but it is the most accurate.

Of course, that leaves out two simple yet fundamental questions.

1) How did that sludge or "goo", if you will, get here in the first place?

2) How exactly does it get to "moving up", without being destroyed by other forces or entities?