Author Topic: Scientific Proof?  (Read 10911 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Scientific Proof?
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:46:11 PM »
Any of you religious folks have any scientific proof of god?  Didn't think so.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Scientific Proof?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:50:35 PM »
Any of you religious folks have any scientific proof of god?  Didn't think so.

Joe Montana. 

nuff said.   ;D

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:09:13 PM »
Got any proof that that there isnt? Didnt think so.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:09:54 PM »
Decent amount, for sure.

GC/DEA_AGENT

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »
Got any proof that that there isnt? Didnt think so.

I have powers like super man.  do you have proof i don't?  i choose not to display my powers to prove my point because I, like gawd, work in mysterious ways.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 11:21:24 PM »
I have powers like super man.  do you have proof i don't?  i choose not to display my powers to prove my point because I, like gawd, work in mysterious ways.

You're dodging my question by going completely off topic because you just got owned.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:17:20 AM »
You're dodging my question by going completely off topic because you just got owned.

;)

I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 11:35:41 AM »
Like what?  Pictures?  Mathematical equations?  Satellite photos? 

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 01:52:26 PM »

Creation (intelligent design) itself testifies to God's powers. Not to mention the numerous accounts of miracles and the like.  :)

CG/DEA_AGENT

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 04:34:30 PM »
I think this pretty much sums up my point.  You people are all jsut brainwashed.  Have fun when you die and nothing happens.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 06:03:20 PM »
What point?  That there is no "scientific proof" of God?  Sounds like a straw man. 

baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »
I think this pretty much sums up my point.  You people are all jsut brainwashed.  Have fun when you die and nothing happens.

You can debate all you want but there are no facts either way. Only books written by men.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »
LOL again with the russels teapot shit that deicide tried to pull a while ago and got dismissed... ::)

Heres your answer...NO

Do you have proof he doesnt? heres your answer NO

you have no more proof that God doesnt exist then we do he does...hope that helps

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 07:10:51 PM »
Ok then fine.....

Prove Crom doesn't exist! 

See.....
 8)

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 08:13:14 PM »

What point? There is proof. YOU don't accept it. That's not our fault.

GC/DEA_AGENT

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 08:15:06 PM »
if you were alive a few thousand year ago, you'd be telling me zeus was throwing lightning bolts down.  those people really believed in him.  what is the difference?  to you "holy trinity" believers, does zeus sound ridiculous? of course it does.  I can't prove zeus doesn't exist either, but just because you can't prove something doesn't exist, it doesn't mean that it does.  

we understand biology, we can manipulate it. we can clone things, we understand the building blocks of life, we've proven that through science we can do everything "god" can.  we can destroy the world, we can create life, we can manipulate life to suit our needs (biological engineering), we can kill people, and resurrect them (like during a heart transplant).  We can explain what used to be considered miracles.  we have tests that prove the placebo effect, we have proven that the human body can heal itself.   we can cure disease, we can create disease, we can explain disease. what can god do that the human can't?  right now we're recreating the birth of our universe in a deep tunnel system in europe.  humans are the answer.  this is not arrogance, it is reality.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »

What point? There is proof. YOU don't accept it. That's not our fault.

GC/DEA_AGENT

what proof? seriously, what proof is there other than old texts that talk about supernatural events the same way that sailors used to speak of dragons and mermaids?

Edit: might I also add that these texts do not progress. they are forever stuck being thousands of years old.  science progresses, the human race progresses, the world progresses.  These old texts claiming to be the word of god do nothing but talk of supernatural nonsense. 

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 10:35:11 AM »
what proof? seriously, what proof is there other than old texts that talk about supernatural events the same way that sailors used to speak of dragons and mermaids?

Edit: might I also add that these texts do not progress. they are forever stuck being thousands of years old.  science progresses, the human race progresses, the world progresses.  These old texts claiming to be the word of god do nothing but talk of supernatural nonsense. 

Belief in God is based on faith, and faith does not require proof.  The truth of the matter is all of us have faith (belief) in something.  It sounds as though you have faith in science.  Surely you will argue that science is made whole by facts.  I would remind you that, as you stated, science progresses.  A part of that progress in finding that what was once thought to be true is actually not true.  Even those who choose to believe in nothing have faith.  They have no proof that there is nothing. 

I would like to ask you a question.  It is sincerely not my intent to be antagonise you.  Why would someone like yourself care what Christians think or believe?  If you believe that our God has no power, then what harm could a Christian do?  Is it that you want to prevent us from "brainwashing" others?   I have asked this of others who do not believe in Christ or God, but I have never received a solid answer.  Just curious.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »
LOL again with the russels teapot shit that deicide tried to pull a while ago and got dismissed... ::)

Heres your answer...NO

Do you have proof he doesnt? heres your answer NO

you have no more proof that God doesnt exist then we do he does...hope that helps

You never properly addressed Russell's Teapot; you are correct in that you dismissed it without actually dealing with its contents.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 10:46:39 AM »
You never properly addressed Russell's Teapot; you are correct in that you dismissed it without actually dealing with its contents.
either have you brainchild you say you dont assert anything  ::) LOL please, you assert that God doesnt exist so please prove that, fact is neither one of us can prove our point isnt it?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »
either have you brainchild you say you dont assert anything  ::) LOL please, you assert that God doesnt exist so please prove that, fact is neither one of us can prove our point isnt it?

I have never asserted that; I have said it is extremely unlikely, as about as unlikely as Poseidon existing.

Which god do you mean anyway?
I hate the State.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 11:14:01 PM »
Belief in God is based on faith, and faith does not require proof.  The truth of the matter is all of us have faith (belief) in something.  It sounds as though you have faith in science.  Surely you will argue that science is made whole by facts.  I would remind you that, as you stated, science progresses.  A part of that progress in finding that what was once thought to be true is actually not true.  Even those who choose to believe in nothing have faith.  They have no proof that there is nothing. 

I would like to ask you a question.  It is sincerely not my intent to be antagonise you.  Why would someone like yourself care what Christians think or believe?  If you believe that our God has no power, then what harm could a Christian do?  Is it that you want to prevent us from "brainwashing" others?   I have asked this of others who do not believe in Christ or God, but I have never received a solid answer.  Just curious.

exactly, faith equates belief without reason= irrational by nature.  I don't mind that science is wrong, because science only seeks better and more accurate answer.  I have a problem with religious people (not so much religion itself) who think their beliefs dictate how the rest of the world should be run.  like stem cell, abortion, gay marriage, etc... the list goes on for quite a while.  I don't go around telling christians that my beliefs should limit their lives or restrict their lives, i believe in religious freedom.  religious people want everyone to do as they see, or as the bible sees, fit.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 09:29:16 AM »

you dont have to try and prove your powers....i can do it by merrily aiming a bazooka at ya and hitting the trigger! ;D

there is more proof of UFOs than proof of God.....i wonder what the 12 yr old little girl that gets taken off the street ..blinded and then used for prostitution thinks of god.....

its like them pro life cunnys that abhor abortion till their daughter gets raped and prego!  :)

remember ...the burden of providing proof exists on someone claiming something extraordinary(existence of god)...NOT the other way around...

cheers!
carpe` vaginum!

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 11:52:41 AM »
exactly, faith equates belief without reason= irrational by nature.  I don't mind that science is wrong, because science only seeks better and more accurate answer.  I have a problem with religious people (not so much religion itself) who think their beliefs dictate how the rest of the world should be run.  like stem cell, abortion, gay marriage, etc... the list goes on for quite a while.  I don't go around telling christians that my beliefs should limit their lives or restrict their lives, i believe in religious freedom.  religious people want everyone to do as they see, or as the bible sees, fit.

I actually understand your frustration with many of my Christian brothers and sisters.  Often they are a bit over zealous in their approach.  We are obligated to share the Gospel, but it is never supposed to be pushed on anyone.  We are to be bold in our love and declaration for Christ, but many Christians misunderstand what that truly means.  It does not mean we are to try and hammer the Word of God into others.  A good example of that is some of my recent posting here.  I have been going back and forth with some who clearly have no interest in God.  I will leave you with this: Christians do not want others to do as them.  The do base everthing they do on the Bible, but above all they want the Will of God to be done. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »
I actually understand your frustration with many of my Christian brothers and sisters.  Often they are a bit over zealous in their approach.  We are obligated to share the Gospel, but it is never supposed to be pushed on anyone.  We are to be bold in our love and declaration for Christ, but many Christians misunderstand what that truly means.  It does not mean we are to try and hammer the Word of God into others.  A good example of that is some of my recent posting here.  I have been going back and forth with some who clearly have no interest in God.  I will leave you with this: Christians do not want others to do as them.  The do base everthing they do on the Bible, but above all they want the Will of God to be done. 

I preach the will of Odin the One Eyed God!

I hate the State.