Author Topic: Got some Bronkaid --- 2 Questions  (Read 4314 times)

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
Got some Bronkaid --- 2 Questions
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:51:29 PM »
I see there is a topic already designated to Ephedra, but i noticed no one has posted in it since November.

What are the purposes of each individual ingredient in the stack and how do they work together. I noticed in the other board that some people were saying the aspirin wasn't needed????

I notice the warnings on the Bronkaid box talking about depression and elarged prostate, what gives?

What a pain in the ass is was getting the Bronkaid from Walgreesn, i had to sign a waiver and give them my license, they took down all my info, i felt like i was buying a kilo of drugs...

I took the stack at about 7:30 pm, did 45 min on the treadmill @ 3.8 mph and felt like a champ, went home, had a protein shake and slept like a baby.
The following day i did the same thing, fell asleep at 11:00, woke @ 2:00am and was up till the morning...that sucked big nuts.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Got some Bronkaid --- 2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:20:53 PM »
The Caffeine and Ephedrine are taken together to create a thermogenic effect.  It raises your body heat in other words.  The asprin really just thins your blood to make it hit you quicker but not really necessary.

I assume they take down all your info for legality reasons.  They can make sure people arnt buying contless boxes of it and who is buying it.  Its really silly but thats what it is these days.

As for the depression and prostate thing that is pretty much on any fat burner these days.  Just giving a warning so if someone sues the company for some medical issue they believe might be related to the product they can claim the consumer was warned. 

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 03:35:32 AM »
They probably make you take your info down for the same reason they do for sudafed.  Kids figured out how to turn the stuff into meth

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:40:44 AM »
The Caffeine and Ephedrine are taken together to create a thermogenic effect.  It raises your body heat in other words.  The asprin really just thins your blood to make it hit you quicker but not really necessary.

I assume they take down all your info for legality reasons.  They can make sure people arnt buying contless boxes of it and who is buying it.  Its really silly but thats what it is these days.

As for the depression and prostate thing that is pretty much on any fat burner these days.  Just giving a warning so if someone sues the company for some medical issue they believe might be related to the product they can claim the consumer was warned. 

LMAO!  Sorry dude but you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. 
Aspirin inhibits prostaglandin production outside of the cells, which, in conjunction with caffeine, greatly prolongs the thermogenic effects and increased metabolism by sustaining elevated cAMP levels. 

No offense to you bro and this isn't a personal attack but there are some fucking morons on this board and I've seen some really terrible advice from a lot of people concerning nutrition and steroids on here.  Mods should do a better job of "modding" and weeding out the bullshit if they expect any real bodybuilders to seek out information and knowledge from getbig. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 04:31:45 AM »
Aspirin inhibits prostaglandin production outside of the cells, which, in conjunction with caffeine, greatly prolongs the thermogenic effects and increased metabolism by sustaining elevated cAMP levels. 

No offense to you bro and this isn't a personal attack but there are some fucking morons on this board and I've seen some really terrible advice from a lot of people concerning nutrition and steroids on here.  Mods should do a better job of "modding" and weeding out the bullshit if they expect any real bodybuilders to seek out information and knowledge from getbig. 

You're quite the knowledgeable musclegiant yourself, McAnus!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 08:09:13 AM »
You're quite the knowledgeable musclegiant yourself, McAnus!

The purpose of aspirin in an ECA stack.....elementary my friend :) 

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »

Its all good bro.  I gave a very "unscientific" answer to the question.  One thing I try not to get into is too much of the science behind most of the supplements.  If a product is worth taking I'll throw in my opinion.  After being in this business for 15 years I've got to the point where I've read endless studies and research on products yet it means nothing the consumer just wanting to know if it works or not.  If someone is looking for the science behind why a product works then I do not think GetBig is the best place to come. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 12:36:23 PM »

Studies have shown that aspirin is not required in the stack for weight loss (in non-obese people).  Chronic use of aspirin is a good way to eat a hole in your gut.  For the slight difference in thermogenic effect it might produce, I'd rather do a little extra cardio and eat less.

As far as modding goes, none of us are degreed medical physicians nor claim to be.  We're just a bunch of people who enjoy the lifestyle and like sharing information and experience.  As Mods, we're no more "experts" than some of the members. 

That doesn't mean people reading the board should take that information blindly.  Too many people come to these sites or walk into a GNC or go to a "real" medical Dr. and just blindly do or take what they say without doing their research.  Ultimately, it comes down to personal choice and thinking for yourself.

For the most part this board is self policed by the participating members.  It is everyone’s responsibility to contribute.  We just help to maintain the board, enforce the rules and keep things from getting out of line. 

Logical and civil arguments are fine.  No flaming, bashing or personal attacks.  Play nice and be respectful and generally everyone will respond in kind.  Hopefully we can all get ideas and learn from each other.

Just a couple of studies on ECA..

: The Role of Caffeine, Ephedrine and Asprin by Mike Prevost PH.D - Muscle Growth and Fat Loss by stimulating the ß-agonist System, The Role of Caffeine, Ephedrine and Asprin

1: Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1996 Feb;20(2):91-7.

Post-prandial thermogenesis with ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin in lean,
pre-disposed obese and obese women.

Horton TJ, Geissler CA.

Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, King's College, University of London,
Kensington, UK.

OBJECTIVE: To determine whether or not aspirin further potentiates the greater
post-prandial thermogenesis induced by ephedrine with caffeine. DESIGN:
Determination of the acute metabolic rate response to the following treatments:
1050 kJ liquid meal (M); meal plus ephedrine (30 mg) and caffeine (100 mg) (MEC)
or meal plus ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin (300 mg) (MECA). SUBJECTS: Lean,
pre-disposed obese and obese women (n = 10 each group). MEASUREMENTS: Pre- and
post-treatment metabolic rate determinations via indirect calorimetry.
Post-treatment measurements made at 20 min intervals for a total of 160 min.
RESULTS: In all groups, metabolic rate increased significantly more following
the MEC or MECA, compared to the meal only (p < 0.05). The obese group had a
significantly greater absolute increase in metabolic rate following the MECA and
MEC compared to both the lean and pre-disposed obese groups (p < 0.05).
Metabolic rate remained elevated at the end of the 160 min following all
treatments. CONCLUSION: Aspirin does not further potentiate the acute thermic
effect of ephedrine and caffeine with a meal. However, the full thermogenic
response was not measured and longer duration studies are necessary to confirm
these results.

PMID: 8646257 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

2: Int J Obes. 1991 May;15(5):359-66.

Aspirin potentiates the effect of ephedrine on the thermogenic response to a
meal in obese but not lean women.

Horton TJ, Geissler CA.

Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, King's College (KQC), Kensington,
London, UK.

The effect of ephedrine (30 mg) and aspirin (300 mg) on the acute thermogenic
response to a liquid meal (250 kcal) was investigated in lean and obese women (n
= 10 each group). Resting metabolic rate (RMR) was measured prior to each of the
following treatments: meal only (M), meal plus ephedrine (ME) or meal plus
ephedrine and aspirin (MEA). Eight post-treatment measurements of metabolic rate
were made over a total of 160 minutes. Rise in post-treatment metabolic rate was
compared to the baseline RMR. Following the M treatment, the mean increase in
metabolic rate was 0.17 +/- 0.01 and 0.13 +/- 0.02 kcal/min in the lean and
obese groups respectively, with the corresponding rises being 0.21 +/- 0.02 and
0.19 +/- 0.02 kcal/min following the ME, and 0.23 +/- 0.03 and 0.23 +/- 0.01
kcal/min following the MEA. The increase in post-prandial thermogenesis with the
ephedrine or ephedrine plus aspirin was significant in the obese group (P less
than 0.03 and P less than 0.001 respectively) but not the lean. Furthermore, the
post-treatment rise in metabolic rate, following the MEA treatment compared to
the ME, was significantly greater for the obese group (P less than 0.05) but not
the lean. It was concluded that aspirin potentiates the stimulatory effect of
ephedrine on the thermogenic response to a meal in obese but not lean women.

:

AVBG

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 12:43:14 PM »
Is that why some posters should be limited to "yummy" when posting on the nutrition board?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 01:00:57 PM »
Is that why some posters should be limited to "yummy" when posting on the nutrition board?

???

huh?
:

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 03:09:08 AM »

Studies have shown that aspirin is not required in the stack for weight loss (in non-obese people).  Chronic use of aspirin is a good way to eat a hole in your gut.  For the slight difference in thermogenic effect it might produce, I'd rather do a little extra cardio and eat less.

As far as modding goes, none of us are degreed medical physicians nor claim to be.  We're just a bunch of people who enjoy the lifestyle and like sharing information and experience.  As Mods, we're no more "experts" than some of the members. 

That doesn't mean people reading the board should take that information blindly.  Too many people come to these sites or walk into a GNC or go to a "real" medical Dr. and just blindly do or take what they say without doing their research.  Ultimately, it comes down to personal choice and thinking for yourself.

For the most part this board is self policed by the participating members.  It is everyone’s responsibility to contribute.  We just help to maintain the board, enforce the rules and keep things from getting out of line. 

Logical and civil arguments are fine.  No flaming, bashing or personal attacks.  Play nice and be respectful and generally everyone will respond in kind.  Hopefully we can all get ideas and learn from each other.

Just a couple of studies on ECA..

: The Role of Caffeine, Ephedrine and Asprin by Mike Prevost PH.D - Muscle Growth and Fat Loss by stimulating the ß-agonist System, The Role of Caffeine, Ephedrine and Asprin

1: Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1996 Feb;20(2):91-7.

Post-prandial thermogenesis with ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin in lean,
pre-disposed obese and obese women.

Horton TJ, Geissler CA.

Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, King's College, University of London,
Kensington, UK.

OBJECTIVE: To determine whether or not aspirin further potentiates the greater
post-prandial thermogenesis induced by ephedrine with caffeine. DESIGN:
Determination of the acute metabolic rate response to the following treatments:
1050 kJ liquid meal (M); meal plus ephedrine (30 mg) and caffeine (100 mg) (MEC)
or meal plus ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin (300 mg) (MECA). SUBJECTS: Lean,
pre-disposed obese and obese women (n = 10 each group). MEASUREMENTS: Pre- and
post-treatment metabolic rate determinations via indirect calorimetry.
Post-treatment measurements made at 20 min intervals for a total of 160 min.
RESULTS: In all groups, metabolic rate increased significantly more following
the MEC or MECA, compared to the meal only (p < 0.05). The obese group had a
significantly greater absolute increase in metabolic rate following the MECA and
MEC compared to both the lean and pre-disposed obese groups (p < 0.05).
Metabolic rate remained elevated at the end of the 160 min following all
treatments. CONCLUSION: Aspirin does not further potentiate the acute thermic
effect of ephedrine and caffeine with a meal. However, the full thermogenic
response was not measured and longer duration studies are necessary to confirm
these results.

PMID: 8646257 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

2: Int J Obes. 1991 May;15(5):359-66.

Aspirin potentiates the effect of ephedrine on the thermogenic response to a
meal in obese but not lean women.

Horton TJ, Geissler CA.

Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, King's College (KQC), Kensington,
London, UK.

The effect of ephedrine (30 mg) and aspirin (300 mg) on the acute thermogenic
response to a liquid meal (250 kcal) was investigated in lean and obese women (n
= 10 each group). Resting metabolic rate (RMR) was measured prior to each of the
following treatments: meal only (M), meal plus ephedrine (ME) or meal plus
ephedrine and aspirin (MEA). Eight post-treatment measurements of metabolic rate
were made over a total of 160 minutes. Rise in post-treatment metabolic rate was
compared to the baseline RMR. Following the M treatment, the mean increase in
metabolic rate was 0.17 +/- 0.01 and 0.13 +/- 0.02 kcal/min in the lean and
obese groups respectively, with the corresponding rises being 0.21 +/- 0.02 and
0.19 +/- 0.02 kcal/min following the ME, and 0.23 +/- 0.03 and 0.23 +/- 0.01
kcal/min following the MEA. The increase in post-prandial thermogenesis with the
ephedrine or ephedrine plus aspirin was significant in the obese group (P less
than 0.03 and P less than 0.001 respectively) but not the lean. Furthermore, the
post-treatment rise in metabolic rate, following the MEA treatment compared to
the ME, was significantly greater for the obese group (P less than 0.05) but not
the lean. It was concluded that aspirin potentiates the stimulatory effect of
ephedrine on the thermogenic response to a meal in obese but not lean women.

thank you thank you thank you!

You're the best mod on this board, princess!

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 11:24:58 AM »
That post helps Princess, However in the studies they seemed to use a rather large amount of aspirin. Having a sensitive stomach i'm concerned taking the aspirin but i'm only been taking 81mg which shouldn't be able to do much damage. I've been doing cardio in the evening about 4 times a week which is the only time i've been taking the eca, should i take it on my non cardio days too???

AVBG

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »
                                         yummy!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 06:33:52 AM »
That post helps Princess, However in the studies they seemed to use a rather large amount of aspirin. Having a sensitive stomach i'm concerned taking the aspirin but i'm only been taking 81mg which shouldn't be able to do much damage. I've been doing cardio in the evening about 4 times a week which is the only time i've been taking the eca, should i take it on my non cardio days too???

For weight loss, usually it's taken every day.  It doesn't need to be taken around your cardio session to be effective, especially if you're doing it in the evening.  It would make it difficult to get a good night's sleep.  Split the doses to 2 or 3 X day.
:

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »
Yeah i experienced one sleepless night, that was rough, woke at 2am and was up till the morning. Does the addition of green tea help? Also, i read your body will build a resistance if taken to consistantly, is this true?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »
Yeah i experienced one sleepless night, that was rough, woke at 2am and was up till the morning. Does the addition of green tea help? Also, i read your body will build a resistance if taken to consistantly, is this true?

Help what?

:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »

Help what?

Sleep?
I’m only deducing that from the context of Dirty's post.
Or are you asking if the green tea aids in fat loss?

If you are looking for things to aid in sleep, ginger tea may be a better choice. I’ve never used it personally, but know people who have to good effect.
Consuming that with valerian root (or either by itself) can assist in getting a good night’s sleep.

You’ll stimulate GH release, recover better from your workouts, and feel better rested and more alert the next day.

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »
sorry for the vagueness, i meant does green tea help to aid in fat loss? as long as i don't take the ECA later than 6pm i'm okay w sleep.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 03:55:32 AM »
sorry for the vagueness, i meant does green tea help to aid in fat loss? as long as i don't take the ECA later than 6pm i'm okay w sleep.

green tea is great for fat loss.

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 08:22:15 AM »
Why is bronkaid much cheaper than vasopro?

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 10:20:14 AM »
yummy

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »
Its all good bro.  I gave a very "unscientific" answer to the question.  One thing I try not to get into is too much of the science behind most of the supplements.  If a product is worth taking I'll throw in my opinion.  After being in this business for 15 years I've got to the point where I've read endless studies and research on products yet it means nothing the consumer just wanting to know if it works or not.  If someone is looking for the science behind why a product works then I do not think GetBig is the best place to come. 

you gave the wrong answer.

although i can see the blood thinning effect adding some protection against infarction/ischemia if the person has metabolic syndrome x or just plain chronic hypertension.

oh ya, yummy.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 02:12:51 AM »
I just found some Efedrina Level 50mg i bought in Spain a few years ago...

;D ;D ;D

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 11:18:26 AM »

Studies have shown that aspirin is not required in the stack for weight loss (in non-obese people). 

What were the factors in the study that designated them obese? over 20%? over 30% or morbidly obese...50-60+%

I only ask because at 6' tall, 234lbs @ 18% Im considered obese by my doctor. Not in my greatest shape yet (just getting off injury) but I don't look fat. I wear the same size pants as I did in HS (36). Bench 340, squat 550, dead 405...not super strong or ripped, but good enough to make loudmouth rooks test the Ph of the field soil (rugby) ;D