Author Topic: Dow Jumps Above 8,000 for First Time in 2 Months  (Read 1565 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Dow Jumps Above 8,000 for First Time in 2 Months
« on: April 03, 2009, 12:02:18 AM »
Dow jumps above 8,000 for first time in 2 months

By MADLEN READ and SARA LEPRO, AP Business Writers – 9 mins ago
NEW YORK – Enthusiastic investors are buying up stocks again, sending the Dow Jones industrials above the 8,000 mark for the first time in nearly two months.

All the major indexes are soaring more than 3.5 percent as investors grow more optimistic that the economy is on the mend.

Financial stocks are leading the rally, following the relaxing of certain accounting rules that should help banks reduce losses. Meanwhile, the world's finance leaders are meeting in London to discuss efforts to fix the global economy.

In midday trading, the Dow is up 266 points to 8,027. The Dow has not risen above 8,000 since Feb. 10.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Dow Jumps Above 8,000 for First Time in 2 Months
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »
Great !  some of the stuff I bought back in December is on the upward move !!!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:34:36 AM »
Dow jumps above 8,000 for first time in 2 months

By MADLEN READ and SARA LEPRO, AP Business Writers – 9 mins ago
NEW YORK – Enthusiastic investors are buying up stocks again, sending the Dow Jones industrials above the 8,000 mark for the first time in nearly two months.

All the major indexes are soaring more than 3.5 percent as investors grow more optimistic that the economy is on the mend.

Financial stocks are leading the rally, following the relaxing of certain accounting rules that should help banks reduce losses. Meanwhile, the world's finance leaders are meeting in London to discuss efforts to fix the global economy.

In midday trading, the Dow is up 266 points to 8,027. The Dow has not risen above 8,000 since Feb. 10.

Yeah, because banks can now do some voodoo accounting. Nothing else has changed. I wish I could do my business accounting like that, I'd be a millionaire by now.

We only lost over 2 million jobs THIS YEAR. The number will be rivsed higher than that, it always is,  so people can go on living in lala land but you can sweep the problem under the wrong for only so long.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »
Yeah, because banks can now do some voodoo accounting. Nothing else has changed. I wish I could do my business accounting like that, I'd be a millionaire by now.
Oh well, sucks to be you.  ;D How about not worrying about mark-to-market (of which you have no control) and start looking at opportunities to make that million by retirement.

We only lost over 2 million jobs THIS YEAR. The number will be rivsed higher than that, it always is,  so people can go on living in lala land but you can sweep the problem under the wrong for only so long.
What's any of this have to do with the market upsurge? ::) One day BD you will come to realize that professionals and institutional investors study this every day all day, have access to much more information than you, and are looking at a MUCH longer time horizon and have already factored these tidbits you are bringing up. It's why the equity markets always lead the way out of a recession. And that is why they make the real money and the working stiffs pick up the scraps much too late. Most economists acknowledge that unemployment will hit 10% or so by year-end. This is already factored in, and along with other positive economic signals we're seeing, unemployment numbers won't stop a DOW sitting at 10,000+ by early next year.

People like you are the reason I've always made money during downturns, BD!  ;D
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:17:16 PM »

People like you are the reason I've always made money during downturns, BD!  ;D

Keep dreaming old man.  :P

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »
Keep dreaming old man.  :P
Dreaming about what exactly, BD?  ??? Dreaming of your fantasies that you actually know what you're talking about as it relates to the equity markets, or that I've made more money in one day of short selling than you have trying to pick stocks and time the market?  :D
!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
Market ups and downs mean absolutely nothing...When the news reports that companies are hiring in mass again and the unemployment roles fall drastically...then I will say america has finally gotten itself together. But as long as the number s go up one day and fall terribly the next...it is just a precursor to another depression. The 1929 crash had the same ups and downs prior to a complete collapse...so be warned....
C

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »
Market ups and downs mean absolutely nothing...When the news reports that companies are hiring in mass again and the unemployment roles fall drastically...then I will say america has finally gotten itself together. But as long as the number s go up one day and fall terribly the next...it is just a precursor to another depression. The 1929 crash had the same ups and downs prior to a complete collapse...so be warned....

Market ups and downs are how people make money, son. People can't make money if the Dow is going up every day. It's the over all trend (technical analysis) that gives you the ability to start making educated guesses and forward projections. Look...none of us have a crystal ball, but forget about a 1929 crash dude. This is a different time and there are coordinated global efforts at play. We've come off of the low of 2009.
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 06:59:14 PM »
Dreaming about what exactly, BD?  ??? Dreaming of your fantasies that you actually know what you're talking about as it relates to the equity markets, or that I've made more money in one day of short selling than you have trying to pick stocks and time the market?  :D

Another getbig billionaire.   ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 04:48:35 AM »
Another getbig billionaire.   ::)
Who said that?  ??? Not everyone who works on Wall Street is a millionaire, let alone a billionaire. ::) However, some of us have worked with very large sums of money in our day-to-day trades. And yes BD, I have traded more than your entire net worth on any given day. Have you ever even been on the island of Manhattan BD?  :-\

I have provided some of my academic background and the type of work I've done, yet when I asked you to do the same you disappear like a little bitch.  ??? You seem jealous, BD. It's ok if you are making up your so-called financial expertise without any real world experience. If scouring the internet and listening to Paul Ron's daily rantings about the "evil Federal Reserve" makes you feel confident in your knowledge base, good for you. I prefer education and years of experience working across a broad spectrum of financial services.  ;)
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 08:44:58 AM »
However, some of us have worked with very large sums of money

And yes BD, I have traded more than your entire net worth on any given day.

If you only knew. You think your the only one that has delt with a  lot of money at some point in their lives? Keep being an ignorant braggart, it always puts a smlie on my face.  :)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 01:59:27 AM »

If you only knew.
Oh boy, we have Rupert Murdoch on our board here, folks.  ::)

You think your the only one that has delt with a  lot of money at some point in their lives? Keep being an ignorant braggart, it always puts a smlie on my face.  :)
Show me where I am ignorant, and then, tell me where I'm bragging, shithead.

Then tell us some of what you know and what you've done, Warren Buffett "Bindare Dundat." I don't care if you're a high school dropout whose "mastered" the markets. I would respect that. I'd just like you to stop being a phony and a pussy. ;D

I certainly don't think I'm the only one whose been a banker and a trader. If I've worked in some of the largest investment banks in the business, clearly I know there are others out there. My former co-workers, for instance. I pass hundreds of financial analysts and guys who work for hedge funds on the way to work every day...you could be one of them. Though somehow I doubt it.  ::) You seem to feel the need to play games like some fake-ass cross between Gordon Gekko and Jason Bourne, but your knowledge, advice, and recommendations SUCK. Your opinion on most issues brought up on this board are less than impressive, at best suggesting someone with a limited understanding of how the equity markets work and how far ahead the major indicies are of the "brand new" economic data you post about here. You certainly aren't working on the institutional side.  :-\
So keep fakin' the funk, chump.  ;)
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 02:15:28 AM »

If you only knew. You think your the only one that has delt with a  lot of money at some point in their lives? Keep being an ignorant braggart, it always puts a smlie on my face.  :)

This is the optimal word.
I hate the State.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 03:41:44 AM »
This is the optimal word.
Where you see "bragging", most see your epic jealousy, loser.

Keep hiding under the bed in fear while AQ is on the say to slit your cowardly throat, you little pussy.  ;D
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 04:13:54 AM »
Where you see "bragging", most see your epic jealousy, loser.

Keep hiding under the bed in fear while AQ is on the say to slit your cowardly throat, you little pussy.  ;D

Well, above you just admitted that you do not engage in productive labour, mr. trader. For all your vaunted wealth you are little more than Wallstreet scum, nothing to be proud of in my book and whilst I would like to have more money I certainly don't envy your profession.
I hate the State.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 07:22:38 AM »
Well, above you just admitted that you do not engage in productive labour, mr. trader. For all your vaunted wealth you are little more than Wallstreet scum, nothing to be proud of in my book and whilst I would like to have more money I certainly don't envy your profession.
LOL
Why do you think I would care about your thoughts on my career endeavors, you anti-American piece of shit?  I don't give a fuck about you or your thoughts bro. All I can say is that when you were crying about wanting to kill yourself a few months back, your removal from the planet would have been getbig's gain.

I will no longer engage or respond to the worthless posts of this mentally ill individual.
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 07:36:42 AM »
LOL
Why do you think I would care about your thoughts on my career endeavors, you anti-American piece of shit?  I don't give a fuck about you or your thoughts bro. All I can say is that when you were crying about wanting to kill yourself a few months back, your removal from the planet would have been getbig's gain.

I will no longer engage or respond to the worthless posts of this mentally ill individual.

Good for you, continue being a scumbag criminal who has never worked an honest wage in his life.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 10:43:13 AM »
Good for you, continue being a scumbag criminal who has never worked an honest wage in his life.
What constitutes "an honest wage".

Is there such a thing?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »
Oh boy, we have Rupert Murdoch on our board here, folks.  ::)
Show me where I am ignorant, and then, tell me where I'm bragging, shithead.

Then tell us some of what you know and what you've done, Warren Buffett "Bindare Dundat." I don't care if you're a high school dropout whose "mastered" the markets. I would respect that. I'd just like you to stop being a phony and a pussy. ;D

I certainly don't think I'm the only one whose been a banker and a trader. If I've worked in some of the largest investment banks in the business, clearly I know there are others out there. My former co-workers, for instance. I pass hundreds of financial analysts and guys who work for hedge funds on the way to work every day...you could be one of them. Though somehow I doubt it.  ::) You seem to feel the need to play games like some fake-ass cross between Gordon Gekko and Jason Bourne, but your knowledge, advice, and recommendations SUCK. Your opinion on most issues brought up on this board are less than impressive, at best suggesting someone with a limited understanding of how the equity markets work and how far ahead the major indicies are of the "brand new" economic data you post about here. You certainly aren't working on the institutional side.  :-\
So keep fakin' the funk, chump.  ;)

Here's a little advice. This is the internets. You think I feel any need to validate myself to some know it all douchbag who I never met, over the computer? You claim to be mature but your response is childlike. You wanna play the "internet market wizard/I make more money than anyone here" game, play it with Alex23, he always seems up for it. Benny's so full of himself, he's chomping at the bit to prove himself to STRANGERS on a bodybuilding internet site. Sad. Really sad.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »

Is there such a thing?

Relatively speaking; being a wallstreet crook SEEMS less honest than say, being a construction worker.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »
Relatively speaking; being a wallstreet crook SEEMS less honest than say, being a construction worker.
What if the construction worker is helping to build a Prison or worse, a church. :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 12:30:13 PM »

Is there such a thing?

An honest wage is a situation where two or more parties agree to exchange a form of payment that is agreeable to both. No? Moral values are subjective.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »

An honest wage is a situation where two or more parties agree to exchange a form of payment that is agreeable to both. No? Moral values are subjective.
Like the agreement of the 9/11 Hijackers and Al-Quaeda.  According to your definition and rationale that is an honest wage.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »
Here's a little advice. This is the internets.

When did I ever ask for your advice? Don't want it, don't need it.

You think I feel any need to validate myself to some know it all douchbag who I never met, over the computer? You claim to be mature but your response is childlike.
I never asked you to "validate" yourself, only to back yourself up with even the slightest information on your how or where you obtained your supposed financial acumen when YOU write very dismissive one word responses to the reasonable predictions or assertions of others on this board regarding the equity markets or the current financial crisis. No one knows it all, but at least I have stated a little about how and where I've learned to form my opinions.

You want a childlike response? Juggle my caramel nuts in your mouth, you fucking fraud.

You wanna play the "internet market wizard/I make more money than anyone here" game,
When and where did I state this? I've NEVER mentioned what I make for a living, only given an indication of the industry where I have worked.  You, on the other hand, have consistently evaded any questions regarding a financial background to back up your claims, yet you act like a know-it-all.  Shit, even saying you've read an economics textbook will allow me to give you some respect given your arrogance. ::) No one's asking you to state your annual salary or exactly what you do. That's up to you.

play it with Alex23, he always seems up for it.

Don't know the kid, don't care about him. He seems like a fat fraud (much like you), but he's never attempted to insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Benny's so full of himself, he's chomping at the bit to prove himself to STRANGERS on a bodybuilding internet site. Sad. Really sad.

"Bindare" is so jealous and insecure that he is chomping at the bit to try to cut me down to a bunch of STRANGERS on a message board.  ::) You see how this can go around and around in circles, shithead?

Try not to cry for me "Bindare!" Your sadness will keep me up at night! :'( You fake-ass investment banker wannabe.  ::)

!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

When did I ever ask for your advice? Don't want it, don't need it.
I never asked you to "validate" yourself, only to back yourself up with even the slightest information on your how or where you obtained your supposed financial acumen when YOU write very dismissive one word responses to the reasonable predictions or assertions of others on this board regarding the equity markets or the current financial crisis. No one knows it all, but at least I have stated a little about how and where I've learned to form my opinions.

You want a childlike response? Juggle my caramel nuts in your mouth, you fucking fraud.

When and where did I state this? I've NEVER mentioned what I make for a living, only given an indication of the industry where I have worked.  You, on the other hand, have consistently evaded any questions regarding a financial background to back up your claims, yet you act like a know-it-all.  Shit, even saying you've read an economics textbook will allow me to give you some respect given your arrogance. ::) No one's asking you to state your annual salary or exactly what you do. That's up to you.

Don't know the kid, don't care about him. He seems like a fat fraud (much like you), but he's never attempted to insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about.

"Bindare" is so jealous and insecure that he is chomping at the bit to try to cut me down to a bunch of STRANGERS on a message board.  ::) You see how this can go around and around in circles, shithead?

Try not to cry for me "Bindare!" Your sadness will keep me up at night! :'( You fake-ass investment banker wannabe.  ::)

hahahaha, love it. While you're dissecting my posts wasting your time copying, pasting, etc..., I'm laughing my ass off.