Author Topic: Weight problems  (Read 1775 times)

Stacker21

• Getbig II
Weight problems
« on: April 04, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »
Any of you guys ever get to a certain weight and not be able to get past it?  Ive gained some great weight and now Im playing the up and down game.  Im 210 and cant get over that for nothing.  Any ideas?

I have changed routine around a little but is there a hidden secret somewhere?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
Re: Weight problems
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 11:44:38 AM »
i get the sticking points but what kind of changes have you made to try and beat this?

i like carb cycling, i think it is a great way to over come sticking points and maybe throw in little cardio in the moring for like 15-20min, that can increase your metabolism.
muscle

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »
I changed up my workout routine, the time, body parts, whole thing.  Havent tried a carb kick yet.  Ill give that a shot.  Time for some spaghetti....

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:54:15 PM »
IMO your routine,times, adn al lthat wont do nothing for wieght gain if your diet isnt in check. write down everything you eat in a few day span, every meal and fine out how many cals you take in a day. then adjust your diet to match your goal, if your looking to gain weight, then add cals but see what your eating first
muscle

4thAD

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 03:02:18 PM »
yep a calorie increase is probably in order. Remember as you put on weight you need to increase the cals to maintain that weight.

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
ok, Im not fully out to gain alot of weight, im 210 I know thats not huge but its not 150.  Ill give it all a shot and see how it goes, thanks for the advice guys.

The weight routine was mainly throwing in pyramid workouts on certain muscles and adding a bit of cardio.  The days were swapped around also in hopes to help

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »
your training wuill help build muscle IF your diet is to par.

im sure with a few twicks youll put on some pounds and if you dont wantto gain alot, then watch the calories. good luck

muscle
muscle

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 04:04:55 AM »
Hit McDonalds 2-3 times a week.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 04:16:47 AM »
Hit McDonalds 2-3 times a week.

that will def put some weight on you lol
muscle

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 06:28:52 AM »
ok, Im not fully out to gain alot of weight, im 210 I know thats not huge but its not 150.  Ill give it all a shot and see how it goes, thanks for the advice guys.

The weight routine was mainly throwing in pyramid workouts on certain muscles and adding a bit of cardio.  The days were swapped around also in hopes to help

How tall are you?  As far as gaining weight, what kind of foods are your fat and protein souces?  I have found too many people are afraid of red meat, they think its too fatty or something.

Try increasing your healthy fats intake, nuts, oils, PButter.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »
brings up good point!! if you want to increase weight, def dont skimp on the red meat, i wouldnt eat too much red meat but def incorporate it into your diet if you havent already
muscle

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 07:42:44 AM »
How tall are you?  As far as gaining weight, what kind of foods are your fat and protein souces?  I have found too many people are afraid of red meat, they think its too fatty or something.

Try increasing your healthy fats intake, nuts, oils, PButter.

6'0", No way man red meat is my best friend, I take a protein shakes often, 3-4 times a week and toss in peanut butter 1-2 times.  I may just not be eating enough due to the weight I have gained since starting the cycle, is that possible

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »
6'0", No way man red meat is my best friend, I take a protein shakes often, 3-4 times a week and toss in peanut butter 1-2 times.  I may just not be eating enough due to the weight I have gained since starting the cycle, is that possible
id say add more protein shakes the y got some cals in that and more protein more muscle,,,, also sometime ou should take a few weeks off from training your muscles will heal completly and then you will feel the soreness in the muscles when yo get back in to it

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
Any of you guys ever get to a certain weight and not be able to get past it?  Ive gained some great weight and now Im playing the up and down game.  Im 210 and cant get over that for nothing.  Any ideas?

I have changed routine around a little but is there a hidden secret somewhere?

Since it seems you're a hardgainer, I'd suggest upping your caloric intake to support an anabolic environment.

You hardgainers need to eat forever!

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »
I picked up some stuff from Vitamin shoppe called serous mass, pretty cheap, packs 1250 cals.  Taste alot better than some of the chalk ones Ive had.  Anyone care to slam this one.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/serious-mass-p-241.html

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 03:15:40 PM »
I picked up some stuff from Vitamin shoppe called serous mass, pretty cheap, packs 1250 cals.  Taste alot better than some of the chalk ones Ive had.  Anyone care to slam this one.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/serious-mass-p-241.html
try it out that might be all you need

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 07:25:18 PM »
I used that stuff, I was natural when I went through it and I thought it was alright.  I switched to BSN true mass for my current cycle and I like it as well, but i mix supplements and get most of my cals from natural meals.  I get a whole can of corned beef hash and pan fry it and then strain it to get rid of some of the fat and then throw it back on the fryer and then add 5 jumbo eggs..........thats my 1st meal of the day (1 of 6).  I think that has to be over 1500+ calories by itself and I get lean ground beef and do hamburger helper for lunch but once again i strain the meat to get rid of the fat.  i found that natural calories work better for weight (I am a hard gainer) instead of supplements.  i just use them for glutemine and whey.  They also make good snacks in between meals.  Also try doing a little bit  more cardio I found that increases appetite and that will help burn some of the bad fat u take in from shit like corned beef hash and hamburger meat. 
I also do chicken and smoked salmon for my "little" meals those are great lean sources of protein and quiet tasty.  I use oats and grits for carbs as well and also the pasta in the hamburger helper is a good carb source, i think one whole box ( its like 5 servings) is 1500 calories so its cheaper than buying serious mass.  eating at Qdova and getting double meat is also great, just keep the fat shit off of there they are 2100 cals if you load them up the way i ask the tight booty girl that works at the one i goto.
First Rock

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 10:37:37 PM »
man some of the shit yall say yall eat is way more then i take in if i eat like some people on here i would be a blob i can grow on just 3 regular meals a day but it is 70% protein at each one plus a no carb shake of 75 grams protein with cellmass throughout my workout

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 04:14:06 AM »
yea but are you a hard gainer?  I thought your naturally a big guy?  If your cutting you could not eat like me.............no way you could you would be a lard ass.  My metabolism is naturally that of a Asian man on a red bull diet, so I have to eat like a morbidly obese women that lives in a a trailer.
First Rock

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »
man some of the shit yall say yall eat is way more then i take in if i eat like some people on here i would be a blob i can grow on just 3 regular meals a day but it is 70% protein at each one plus a no carb shake of 75 grams protein with cellmass throughout my workout

I heard that.  I think I gained a couple of pounds just reading that post...

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »
I have a very high metabolism, I could never be a fat ass.  I could give a damn neway about a pretty 6 pack of abs. 

You wanna talk about a shit load of cals.  Yall ever had or heard of russian bear.  Crazy calories. You would never leave the bathroom

http://www.supplementgiant.com/vitol-russian-bear-5000-item.html

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »
 That 4lb tub is what,  3 servings ?

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »
probably, I heard its smaller servings.  The serious mass has a huge ass scoop, it only last maybe a month

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 12:50:48 PM »
yea serious mass will be gone before u know it.................but you gotta be a "do whatever it takes" kind of nucka like me...........word......y a feel me?  Mix it in grits or oatmeal.....
First Rock

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 04:28:52 PM »
I cant say that Ive had that, but oatmeal and grits work well