Author Topic: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?  (Read 124880 times)

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
Re: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?
« Reply #425 on: April 23, 2009, 05:52:17 AM »
Having gotten used to getting the lift (elevator) of having the title "athletes rep" Chick, you're gonna have to get used to the all-pervading feeling of being shafted.

Unfortunately for you,Chick this will continue to grow, given your intransigence and refusal to acknowledge that a travesty has occurred in the IFBB Pro League under your watch, viz-a-viz Milos! 

No amount of evasive and devious wriggling in the guise of a demand for specifics are gonna change that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #426 on: April 23, 2009, 06:50:38 AM »
Having gotten used to getting the lift (elevator) of having the title "athletes rep" Chick, you're gonna have to get used to the all-pervading feeling of being shafted.

Unfortunately for you,Chick this will continue to grow, given your intransigence and refusal to acknowledge that a travesty has occurred in the IFBB Pro League under your watch, viz-a-viz Milos! 

No amount of evasive and devious wriggling in the guise of a demand for specifics are gonna change that.

Another retarded post....

I've never refused to acknowledge that their could be coruption, or that Paul Chua could be crooked....never knew the man, never followed the amateur overseas competitions, have never been to any Asian shows or any put on by the ABBF.

When Milos came up with his observations, no one (including myself) doubted what he said....no one else was there.  Only proof was necessary to put credibility to the accusation.

As for being on "my watch"....I don't represent amateurs, fool

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #427 on: April 23, 2009, 07:03:28 AM »

I've never refused to acknowledge that their could be coruption, or that Paul Chua could be crooked....never knew the man, never followed the amateur overseas competitions, have never been to any Asian shows or any put on by the ABBF.

When Milos came up with his observations, no one (including myself) doubted what he said....no one else was there.  Only proof was necessary to put credibility to the accusation.

off topic but do you think milos will try to sneak into the nypro past big steve again?  haha

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: April 23, 2009, 07:05:30 AM »
off topic but do you think milos will try to sneak into the nypro past big steve again?  haha

NO ONE "sneaks" by big Steve!

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #429 on: April 23, 2009, 07:45:54 AM »

For your information, Milos is no amateur.

What an "athletes' rep", LOL..... one who can't tell the difference between who he's supposed to represent and defend and who is the source of the complaint. 

Perhaps that the main problem.  You can't see the forest for the trees, something that is painfully obvious to everyone! About time you step down Chick, you amateur "athletes' rep".

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #430 on: April 23, 2009, 10:41:14 AM »

What an "athletes' rep", LOL..... one who can't tell the difference between who he's supposed to represent and defend and who is the source of the complaint. 

Perhaps that the main problem.  You can't see the forest for the trees, something that is painfully obvious to everyone! About time you step down Chick, you amateur "athletes' rep".

Since Bob does'nt get paid to be the athletes rep then technically he is an amateur ;D
Thunderdome approved

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: April 23, 2009, 12:15:57 PM »

No, he wasn't an amateur...nor was he an IFBB pro after he was suspended....technically, I didn't have to help him AT ALL.

As for defending him...what was there to defend? His opinion?  He was offered the chance to provide proof of his accusations (three times) and failed to do so...THEN he was suspended as a result of that failure.

Quit trying to talk shop....you're making a bigger ass of yourself than Basile

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #432 on: April 23, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »
No, he wasn't an amateur...nor was he an IFBB pro after he was suspended....technically, I didn't have to help him AT ALL.

so its your duty to help someone one until Manion et al. declare them persona non grata, then your duty ends

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: April 23, 2009, 12:38:40 PM »
so its your duty to help someone one until Manion et al. declare them persona non grata, then your duty ends

It's my duty to represent the pro's of the IFBB Pro League and work on their behalf. At Milos' request, I helped him with his appeal letter, even though he was suspended...and helped Lee at his request, even though his suspension was over.

If Manion et all declared them persona non grata...why did I help them?

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #434 on: April 23, 2009, 01:46:09 PM »

As for defending him...what was there to defend? His opinion?  He was offered the chance to provide proof of his accusations (three times) and failed to do so...THEN he was suspended as a result of that failure.

Quit trying to talk shop....you're making a bigger ass of yourself than Basile

There you go again Chick, resorting to abusive language whenever you are cornered!  It doesn't reflect well on the IFBB Pro League and is a sad indictment on the intellect and caliber of the Pro League's officials!

There's defense as in putting up a vigorous defense and then there's going through the motions.  Unfortunately for you Chick, you're perceived in the court of public opinion of copping-out as an "athletes' rep".  Your vigorous defense of the IFBB Pro League and Manion et al only reinforces that perception.  Remember, perception becomes 99% fact!

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #435 on: April 23, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »
There you go again Chick, resorting to abusive language whenever you are cornered!  It doesn't reflect well on the IFBB Pro League and is a sad indictment on the intellect and caliber of the Pro League's officials!

There's defense as in putting up a vigorous defense and then there's going through the motions.  Unfortunately for you Chick, you're perceived in the court of public opinion of copping-out as an "athletes' rep".  Your vigorous defense of the IFBB Pro League and Manion et al only reinforces that perception.  Remember, perception becomes 99% fact!

How can you call your misled views the "court of public opinion". Having 3-4 allies on getbig does not count as anything. Especially when you all (except your captain Vince) have fake names and identities and could all be very well the same fictitious person.

To the people that matter, athletes, promoters, officials. Chick is doing a great job.

Once again, he has nothing to do with the amateurs.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #436 on: April 23, 2009, 02:38:44 PM »
The bottom line in all this is the quality and integrity of the people involved in the sport. Ben recruited businessmen who were handling his products around the world. Amazingly these 'vice-presidents' were recruited to judge important contests. That is a step worse than getting gym owners to judge contests!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #437 on: April 23, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
How can you call your misled views the "court of public opinion". Having 3-4 allies on getbig does not count as anything. Especially when you all (except your captain Vince) have fake names and identities and could all be very well the same fictitious person.

To the people that matter, athletes, promoters, officials. Chick is doing a great job.

Once again, he has nothing to do with the amateurs.
hun, i ask questions. you'd like to shut that down too Messiah?

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #438 on: April 23, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »
hun, i ask questions. you'd like to shut that down too Messiah?

Who or what is hun (short for hunny bunny)?

Can you rephrase your jumbled question please?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #439 on: April 23, 2009, 02:48:59 PM »
Who or what is hun (short for hunny bunny)?

Can you rephrase your jumbled question please?
ok   ever hear of Attila the Hun?  lol

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #440 on: April 23, 2009, 03:00:48 PM »

You may not like it, but Chick is doing his job as the athletes rep.  That is what many of the competitors tell me.   If you have a problem, Chick is there for you.  Like it or not, that is a fact.  It is a thankless job, but he does it.

And until you are a promoter, you never know the expenses, time and work it takes to promote a contest.   You take a risk in hoping the crowd will be there and on putting on a good show.

Complaining behind a name is so easy.... but actually helping out, or doing something is quite different.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #441 on: April 23, 2009, 03:11:50 PM »
You may not like it, but Chick is doing his job as the athletes rep.  That is what many of the competitors tell me.   If you have a problem, Chick is there for you.  Like it or not, that is a fact.  It is a thankless job, but he does it.

And until you are a promoter, you never know the expenses, time and work it takes to promote a contest.   You take a risk in hoping the crowd will be there and on putting on a good show.

Complaining behind a name is so easy.... but actually helping out, or doing something is quite different.

i just checked out the messiahofmuscle's website and from his posts here he sounds like a witty and accomplished fellow

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #442 on: April 23, 2009, 03:18:05 PM »
i just checked out the messiahofmuscle's website and from his posts here he sounds like a witty and accomplished fellow

He is, pretty cool, and knows his stuff. Besides, he has promoted a myriad of contests for a long time, and is the man trying to make sure some of the best athletes in the US get to come to Australia. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: April 23, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »

Cornered???

LOL....you have yet to bring up ONE viable fact on the matter, or answer to any of my questions.

What vigorous defense...? What does Manion have to do with anything, or the Pro league?

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #444 on: April 23, 2009, 04:48:18 PM »
chick,

you have danced and danced around enough

you have yet to explain why the IFBB enforces rules selectively.

also you have yet to publicly apologize to Milos for non-existent representation, while facing suspension.

Cornered???

LOL....you have yet to bring up ONE viable fact on the matter, or answer to any of my questions.

What vigorous defense...? What does Manion have to do with anything, or the Pro league?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #445 on: April 23, 2009, 05:12:32 PM »
Bob is demonstrating why he is the appointed and anointed pro atheletes rep. No matter what the charge he is completely innocent yet Milos and Lee were guilty as charged. Once pros are suspended he considers that they are no longer pros. Give me a break. What a joke of a rep Chick is. Only knuckleheads would accept this stooge and patsy to represent them. What representation? Here he is under instructions to put down all critics and get the last word. Typical flotsam will believe Chick is officially doing the right thing!

Ben Weider was responsible for doing a lot of bad things to various bodybuilders over the decades. Bev Francis was never allowed to win the Ms Olympia because that would have been bad for the sport according to 'Pumping Iron II, The Women'. No matter if she reduced her size and had a more feminine presentation she still never won the top title.

Sergio Oliva was booted out of the IFBB for years and left Arnold alone to win the Olympia. In Munich in 1972, just about everyone believed Sergio was robbed. Even Arnold agrees that Sergio was superior that year. Serge Nubret was totally shafted and prevented from running for IFBB president. Ben simply made himself the lifetime president. Yeah, why share a private company CEO position with some bodybuilder living in France? Ben believed one must keep absolute power at all costs. Unfortunately the cost was dear to many amateur and professional bodybuilders.

The NABBA Universe in England has a better judging system. However, Ben cleverly came up with another one that allowed officials to help the judges correct their errors. What a travesty. Several competitors at the highest level were ahead after the prejudging only to lose after the posedown? Why have prejudging if you are going to change the results?

Need we mention drugs?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: April 23, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
chick,

you have danced and danced around enough

you have yet to explain why the IFBB enforces rules selectively.

also you have yet to publicly apologize to Milos for non-existent representation, while facing suspension.

What rules do you feel are enforced selectively?

Has Milos contacted me for representation BEFORE he was suspended...I would have been more than happy to oblige.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: April 23, 2009, 05:15:21 PM »
Bob is demonstrating why he is the appointed and anointed pro atheletes rep. No matter what the charge he is completely innocent yet Milos and Lee were guilty as charged. Once pros are suspended he considers that they are no longer pros. Give me a break. What a joke of a rep Chick is. Only knuckleheads would accept this stooge and patsy to represent them. What representation? Here he is under instructions to put down all critics and get the last word. Typical flotsam will believe Chick is officially doing the right thing!

Ben Weider was responsible for doing a lot of bad things to various bodybuilders over the decades. Bev Francis was never allowed to win the Ms Olympia because that would have been bad for the sport according to 'Pumping Iron II, The Women'. No matter if she reduced her size and had a more feminine presentation she still never won the top title.

Sergio Oliva was booted out of the IFBB for years and left Arnold alone to win the Olympia. In Munich in 1972, just about everyone believed Sergio was robbed. Even Arnold agrees that Sergio was superior that year. Serge Nubret was totally shafted and prevented from running for IFBB president. Ben simply made himself the lifetime president. Yeah, why share a private company CEO position with some bodybuilder living in France? Ben believed one must keep absolute power at all costs. Unfortunately the cost was dear to many amatuer and professional bodybuilders.

The NABBA Universe in England has a better judging system. However, Ben cleverly came up with another one that allowed officials to help the judges correct their errors. What a travesty. Several competitors at the highest level were ahead after the prejudging only to lose after the posedown? Why have prejudging if you are going to change the results?

Need we mention drugs?

IMBASILE!!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #448 on: April 23, 2009, 05:20:01 PM »

Manion suspended Milos from the Pro League for whistleblowing, almost certainly at the request of Chua, probably by way of Santonja.   Since Milos was not representing the IFBB Pro League at the time of his accusations, the IFBB Pro League should have stayed out.  The athletic rep should have argued that this does not fall under the jurisdiction of the IFBB Pro League.   The IFBB Pro League is a separate entity than the international IFBB and the ABBF.     If Chua was libeled, the proper course of action would be for Chua to take Milos to court.   Someone should have told Manion that this was a PR disaster waiting to happen.

Why was it so hard for Milos to get supporting evidence?  Because Chua has a long history of intimidation, of threatening the financial well being of anyone who crosses him.   That's what he did with Milos, getting his Asian jobs/endorsements to drop him, getting the IFBB to suspend him.    Manion played into Chua's hand.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: April 23, 2009, 05:31:04 PM »
Manion suspended Milos from the Pro League for whistleblowing, almost certainly at the request of Chua, probably by way of Santonja.   Since Milos was not representing the IFBB Pro League at the time of his accusations, the IFBB Pro League should have stayed out.  The athletic rep should have argued that this does not fall under the jurisdiction of the IFBB Pro League.   The IFBB Pro League is a separate entity than the international IFBB and the ABBF.     If Chua was libeled, the proper course of action would be for Chua to take Milos to court.   Someone should have told Manion that this was a PR disaster waiting to happen.

Why was it so hard for Milos to get supporting evidence?  Because Chua has a long history of intimidation, of threatening the financial well being of anyone who crosses him.   That's what he did with Milos, getting his Asian jobs/endorsements to drop him, getting the IFBB to suspend him.    Manion played into Chua's hand.

Close...but wrong again

Milos was suspended for making accusations against an IFBB official, without providing proof.  He was not suspended through this process

As a member of the IFBB pro league, this is clearly understood and there is no distinction of IFBB pro/ amateur officials.....an official is an official be it pro league or affiliate member.

Why was it so hard to get evidence?  Gee, I dont know, maybe because instead of going through the proper channels Milos decided to call a press conference on the spot...making accusations and all but sending an engraved invitation to Chua telling him to cover his ass as best he can...