Author Topic: Self injecting. What is the best place?  (Read 10496 times)

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
Self injecting. What is the best place?
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:06:29 AM »
Ive been watching youtube research vids for injecting but I can not find one that talks about self injecting.

Ive seen one where the speaker states that if you do it in your glutes to be careful not to hit the sciatic nerve and becareful not to shoot in a blood vessel.

Ok? What happens if you do hit a blood vessel? Are you going to die?

How can I prevent from hitting the sciatic nereve in the glutes and thigh? Is their a simple way to inject in yor glute region?

How is it possible to apsirate the syringe if you are self injecting?

Thank you for your assistance, folks!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: Self injecting. What is the best place?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:20:37 AM »
Ive been watching youtube research vids for injecting but I can not find one that talks about self injecting.

Ive seen one where the speaker states that if you do it in your glutes to be careful not to hit the sciatic nerve and becareful not to shoot in a blood vessel.

How can I prevent from hitting the sciatic nereve in the glutes and thigh? Is their a simple way to inject in yor glute region?

Avoiding the sciatic nerve:

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:25:54 AM »
Thank you!!

Burn2live, woud it just be better to inject in my shoulders? I still have my innoculation scars on my shoulders from years ago.

Can I use that as a guide to inject in my shoulder? Or is the glutes the best region?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:59:07 AM »
Thank you!!

Burn2live, woud it just be better to inject in my shoulders? I still have my innoculation scars on my shoulders from years ago.

Can I use that as a guide to inject in my shoulder? Or is the glutes the best region?

I don't know enough to make a recommendation to you, though from those I have talked to most inject in a variety of muscle groups

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
YOU CAN INJECT INTO ANY MUSCLE YOUD LIKE. LATS, TRAPS, DELTS, PECS, BICEPS, TRICEPS, QUADS, HAMS, CALVES.... PROBABLY EVEN THE MINOR MUSCLES LIKE FOREARMS AND ABS AND YOUR PALM, LOL!

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 11:27:10 AM »
Where is the best and safest place to inject?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 11:31:04 AM »
i personally like glutes, tris and delts, i havent used any other besides them 3.
muscle

4thAD

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 11:55:17 AM »
try to stick to large muscle groups when starting out. Quads, delts, glutes.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 12:38:11 PM »
i like pecs glute calf quads and delts.... quads have alot of vessels though

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »
i like pecs glute calf quads and delts.... quads have alot of vessels though

Yes they do for some reason half of the quad shots I did turned out very painful down the road, but it is a nice big muscle group that is easy to hit.

I would say the best spot for the beginner is the glutes.  As 4th said stick to large muscle groups, they are the best for the absorption of gear anyhow. 

Safe place to hit on glutes to avoid sciatic and the major arteries that run through the glutes?  That would be the upper outer quadrant.  Looking at the glutes from behind break up each glute into 4 equal size quadrants, outer upper, inner upper, outer lower and inner lower you wanna stay in the upper outer quadrant.

To aspirate by yourself with one hand is a bit trick but can be done just keep your cool and carefully grip the pin and using your fingers pull on the plunger just a tiny bit, really just a little backward pressure is all you need.  If your in a vein it will pull back easy and fill with blood.  I just squirt the excess blood out if this happens and re-pin
YOU CAN INJECT INTO ANY MUSCLE YOUD LIKE. LATS, TRAPS, DELTS, PECS, BICEPS, TRICEPS, QUADS, HAMS, CALVES.... PROBABLY EVEN THE MINOR MUSCLES LIKE FOREARMS AND ABS AND YOUR PALM, LOL!

Why are you yelling?

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
Quads are the easiest, somewhat painful,  like doing glutes but I can't twist around anymore.
I am a big baby

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 04:21:13 PM »

I don't inject the glutes at all, too hard to reach and control properly.

Once in awhile I hit a blood vessel and in that case, I get a nice cough from whatever it is I'm injecting.

People only associate it with Tren, but you can get it from passing through a blood vessel.

If you're careful and slow, you should be able to feel when you hit a blood vessel and can pull out and find a new spot.

I've never hit a nerve, thankfully.

Most of my injections are through the quads, biceps, pecs.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 08:21:05 PM »
try to stick to large muscle groups when starting out. Quads, delts, glutes.
x
Asked a few nurses what muscles would be best for IM, they said Quads and Shoulders, Glutes, they said are hardly used b/c of the Sciatic nerve (hit that and your leg is gone) and they use 1.5inch needles.

And if you think our 1 inch hurts, I'm laughing at you, old people take 1.5" for meds when they don't have IV's. LOL

Plus the larger the muscle group the more #CC you can hit them with.

StackedDec

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »
For me the easiest are glutes, quads and calves.  If you hit your sciatic when injecting you are a complete moron. 

Delts are hard as shit for me because my shoulders are so defined each muscle is only about 1 inch wide at the most and there are a bunch of them and I am afraid of hitting a nerve that might be in between them because they overlap and I am scared to inject into a nerve.  Blood vessel, meh, I've done it a number of times and it's nothing bad because the vessels in the area's I hit, calves and glutes mostly are too small to keep any kind of significant concentration of the product anywhere but the injection spot, like in a pocket in a vein going to my heart or lungs or brain.   Quads can be good or can hurt like a bitch.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 10:31:24 PM »
x
Asked a few nurses what muscles would be best for IM, they said Quads and Shoulders, Glutes, they said are hardly used b/c of the Sciatic nerve (hit that and your leg is gone) and they use 1.5inch needles.

I never knew anyone who hit their sciatic nerve.

So basically if you pierce that nerve, your leg is limp for life?   ???

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 05:06:56 AM »

So basically if you pierce that nerve, your leg is limp for life?   ???

DIV

No it will be very painfull, but have not heard of permanent damage from it, but I have heard of stranger things.  :-\

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:19 AM »
If you hit the Sciatic Never u will have a LOT of pain and u ll have to call an ambulance and go to the hospital.

Your legs will be ok.

Anyway it's pretty hard to hit the sciatic nerve. Do not worry but inject safely.
J

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 07:22:21 AM »
   The ventro gluteal axis has rapidly become my favorite. When your standing with the pin it don't seem right, like it will be right into the bone, but a 1.5 slides right in and that spot can take up to 4ml in one whack.

This is a good visual:
http://www.drugguide.com/ddo/ub/view/Davis-Drug-Guide/109502/5/medication_administration_techniques

4th's description of locating the v.g. site was best:
 Imagine yourself wearing a pistol holster, flex you uper hip muscle and feel for the ball of muscle on the side of your hip and inject in the middle of that.

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »
   The ventro gluteal axis has rapidly become my favorite. When your standing with the pin it don't seem right, like it will be right into the bone, but a 1.5 slides right in and that spot can take up to 4ml in one whack.

This is a good visual:
http://www.drugguide.com/ddo/ub/view/Davis-Drug-Guide/109502/5/medication_administration_techniques

Imagine yourself wearing a pistol holster, flex you uper hip muscle and feel for the ball of muscle on the side of your hip and inject in the middle of that.

x2
seems a weird thing before your first jab, but is now my favourite spot. i highly recommend...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 04:36:53 PM »
anywhere in the eyes is fine
G

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »

This is a good visual:

I have seen this and heard it alot but I just cant see myself injecting there, maybe if I saw someone do it or a video them doing it.  Thats the best explaining of it Ive heard though.  Granted whats the point when there are so many other good and easy areas.

StackedDec

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 11:09:22 PM »
I hit a gusher today in that area, I was upset that I might lose some product but I jammed my finger on it and got a bandaid on it and it didn't bleed just a handful of drops luckily. 

I had trouble reaching the spot on my right side, I think that's a good thing, lol.  But it's the only place I've hit so far and I think there was some damage buildup and I went almost the full 1 1/2" in and hit a good size vein.  I felt it go through the vein so I shot anyway and I died about an hour later.  JK  but when  I pulled the pin out a couple drops of blood and oil came out so I jammed my finger on it and pressed until I got a bandaid on it.  It didn't drip blood it stopped right away.

I did upper body about an hour later, did pushups, curls, dumbell military (seated), shrugs and inside grip pushups, and I was getting an insane pump.    I really am impressed with this Asia Pharma stuff.  It's quality for sure. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 05:16:13 AM »
I hit a gusher today in that area, I was upset that I might lose some product but I jammed my finger on it and got a bandaid on it and it didn't bleed just a handful of drops luckily. 

I had trouble reaching the spot on my right side, I think that's a good thing, lol.  But it's the only place I've hit so far and I think there was some damage buildup and I went almost the full 1 1/2" in and hit a good size vein.  I felt it go through the vein so I shot anyway and I died about an hour later.  JK  but when  I pulled the pin out a couple drops of blood and oil came out so I jammed my finger on it and pressed until I got a bandaid on it.  It didn't drip blood it stopped right away.

I did upper body about an hour later, did pushups, curls, dumbell military (seated), shrugs and inside grip pushups, and I was getting an insane pump.    I really am impressed with this Asia Pharma stuff.  It's quality for sure. 

Next time when it bleeds like that use the cotton ball soaked with alchohol that you swabed the area prior to the injection with to apply pressure, finger on an open puncture may contaminate things

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 10:10:31 AM »

So basically if you pierce that nerve, your leg is limp for life?   ???

DIV

if you sever a nerve cell, it doesn't grow back, doesn't repair itself, its gone, just like brain cells, they don't grow back.

so even the width of a 5/8 or insult needle going threw any nerve; is enough to cause damage to your ability to move or operate the limb the nerve is serving.

so for your road map for injections, goggle the human-body's nervous system and see where in which muscle groups the nerves are run threw and avoid hit that where.

not say don't do that muscle group just don't hit the area in the muscle group where the nerve could be layed out

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »
if you sever a nerve cell, it doesn't grow back, doesn't repair itself, its gone, just like brain cells, they don't grow back.

so even the width of a 5/8 or insult needle going threw any nerve; is enough to cause damage to your ability to move or operate the limb the nerve is serving.

so for your road map for injections, goggle the human-body's nervous system and see where in which muscle groups the nerves are run threw and avoid hit that where.

not say don't do that muscle group just don't hit the area in the muscle group where the nerve could be layed out

Youre scaring the beejeebus out of me!! Im very scuuurd!!