Author Topic: This is getting ridiculous  (Read 2028 times)

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
This is getting ridiculous
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »
Since March 29th 35 people have been killed in the U.S. by nutters with guns

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7984748.stm

now i know america is a big country with a big population so the likelhood of having a few nutbags running around os greater than say Lichtenstein.

but seriously, this sh1t seems to happen all the time over there. I have lived in the U.S. (my fiancee is american) and one of my clearest memories was of a teenager walking around the street flashing his handgun around like it was some kinda toy...the likelihood of that happening in england is almost zero youd have an SO19 squad on you within about 5 minutes.

I now live in Israel where almost every second person carries a gun but you never hear of some dude going on a rampage and shooting up a school or his wife and kids (forget the terrorism bit for a second im just talking about normal folks).

so its not the owning of the gun i have a problem with, its the mindset of people who use it.

what are your thoughts about this? cos frankly the amount of times it happens in the USA is getting beyond the point of a joke.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: This is getting ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:45:01 PM »

now i know america is a big country with a big population so the likelhood of having a few nutbags running around os greater than say Lichtenstein.

but seriously, this sh1t seems to happen all the time over there. I have lived in the U.S. (my fiancee is american) and one of my clearest memories was of a teenager walking around the street flashing his handgun around like it was some kinda toy...the likelihood of that happening in england is almost zero youd have an SO19 squad on you within about 5 minutes.

I now live in Israel where almost every second person carries a gun but you never hear of some dude going on a rampage and shooting up a school or his wife and kids (forget the terrorism bit for a second im just talking about normal folks).

so its not the owning of the gun i have a problem with, its the mindset of people who use it.

what are your thoughts about this? cos frankly the amount of times it happens in the USA is getting beyond the point of a joke.

I don't think it is problem when put in perspective with everything else.  The news makes you feel as if it is because as Humans we are easily overwhelmed.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »
I agree....and I cringe everytime it happens beyond the loss of life. I wish one of these things would happen where a concealed carry guy smokes the dude and ends it before he hurts anybody.
L

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »
We need less immigration.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 05:28:21 PM »
I agree....and I cringe everytime it happens beyond the loss of life. I wish one of these things would happen where a concealed carry guy smokes the dude and ends it before he hurts anybody.

damn skippy

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:08:23 PM »
Yeah and the everytime it happens every gun rights guy cringes as well.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »
i agree i noticed what seemed to be an increase in this incidents as well, wont be to long before obama is railing for strict gun control.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 07:32:37 PM »

You're right but people are stupid and won't realize this is not a gun rights issue.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »

Funny you should bring this issue up...It was recently reprted that over 10,000 people are killed in america yearly, while in England it was 59, Germany 48, Japan 11 etc...Even if all of the European and Asian countries gun murders were added up together they would still be hundreds of times less than america... even though there are MANY MORE PEOPLE LIVING IN EUROPE THAN IN AMERICA.

The answer is america is a VIOLENT country
C

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 09:55:56 PM »
I don't know if this is unusual or if the media is reporting more of these stories, but it sure does seem out of the ordinary. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 12:52:30 AM »

A psychiatrists (and Charlie Brooker's) insightful perspective on news coverage's perpetuation of mass shootings in schools.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 04:43:09 AM »
i agree i noticed what seemed to be an increase in this incidents as well, wont be to long before obama is railing for strict gun control.

Go listen to some of Celente's stuff.  He said months ago that this stuff was going to happen, and get far worse.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »
hmmm.  If the US bans all guns and makes gun possession a capital crime, then the number of gun deaths would go down.  Seems plausible.

I mean guns do make killing easier.  Otherwise these murderous rampages could be consummated with a rolled up newspaper and butterknife.  We'd attack Iraq with rocks.  We'd arm our police with swizzle sticks.

Seriously though, I blame the Internet for this.

There is so much paranoid garbage on the Internet that is easily accessible to intellectually ignorant and lazy people.  We've all been there.  We're all ignorant at some point on some matter.  But this paranoid bullshit runs rampant on the internet - aliens and ghosts are real, the only thing standing btn my enslavement by the government and freedom is my gun, Federal INcome tax is an illegal scheme, Tax Protesters are heros,...etc.

Come on, how many of you folks believe one of the above statements is true?   Be honest.  There'll be a test later.

A paranoid citizenry is a dangerous citizenry.