Author Topic: Thoughts on Wrestlemania 25? (Spoilers)  (Read 5616 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Thoughts on Wrestlemania 25? (Spoilers)
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:55:39 PM »
Money In The Bank
I thought the show started well with the Money In The Bank match (although not the Hornswoggle Tadpole Splash).  Some good spots, it's always interesting what they can come up that's new.  Would have preferred Cage/MVP to win.  Even though I like CM Punk, I can't see why they're gonna give him another title shot after he got one last year.

After this it then went downhill very quickly.  I'm a Kid Rock fan, but the crowd were not feeling him at all, and then they went straight into the Diva's match without even introducing the participants. 

Diva's Battle Royal
Complete waste of time.  It was far too difficult to see which 'Past' Diva's were taking part, as they weren't announced, and people were getting thrown out all over the place.  Then to give Santino the win was a waste of time.

Jericho vs Legends
Things started looking up here.  I was impressed with how good Steamboat still is, although Snuka looked past it.  I was not surprised to see Flair and Rourke get involved, but it was OK.  I would have preferred Stone Cold to come down and give Jericho a 'Stunner'!

Matt vs Jeff
I really enjoyed this match, some very good spots.  I'm not sure if Jeff hurt himself with the leg drop off the ladders, cos it seemed to end quite abruptly?

JBL vs Rey
I'd already predicted that JBL would retire/quit after this match, but I thought we'd get a bit more action before he lost.  Good to see Rey win, good to see JBL go, but wanted a little more.

Michaels vs Taker
Match of the night, as if it was ever in doubt!  Great match, lots of near falls, excellent performance by both guys.  Although I was quite concerned after Taker dove over the top rope and landed badly, it looked very painful!  He seemed OK though, and good finish.

Edge vs Cena vs Big Show
Good match, I think Triple Threat's can be a bit awkward sometimes, but I enjoyed it.  Glad Vickie got speared.  I kinda thought Cena would win this one, and I was very impressed with the 700lb+ lift at the end.  If Edge had won this one, I'd have not been too pleased.

HHH vs Orton
This was a strange match.  Both got their finishers in straight away, which was weird.  I couldn't see Orton winning and there being a heel win to finish the show.  I just never got into this match though, it seemed a bit disjointed, not really any near falls, not much excitement.  I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't really enjoy this one that much.

Highlights for me: Taker vs Michaels
                        Stone Cold coming down on his quad!

Low points:  Diva's match
                 Not showing the Tag Titles match

northernlights

• Getbig II
Re: Thoughts on Wrestlemania 25? (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:32:51 PM »
I was going to post my thoughts but you already said everything I was thinking. HBK and Undertaker is worth seeing. Triple H & Orton was very anti-climatic. HBK and Taker should have closed the show.

Superboy Prime

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 03:10:54 AM »
So sho won each match?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 04:19:21 AM »
Money In The Bank
I thought the show started well with the Money In The Bank match (although not the Hornswoggle Tadpole Splash).  Some good spots, it's always interesting what they can come up that's new.  Would have preferred Cage/MVP to win.  Even though I like CM Punk, I can't see why they're gonna give him another title shot after he got one last year.

After this it then went downhill very quickly.  I'm a Kid Rock fan, but the crowd were not feeling him at all, and then they went straight into the Diva's match without even introducing the participants. 

Diva's Battle Royal
Complete waste of time.  It was far too difficult to see which 'Past' Diva's were taking part, as they weren't announced, and people were getting thrown out all over the place.  Then to give Santino the win was a waste of time.

Jericho vs Legends
Things started looking up here.  I was impressed with how good Steamboat still is, although Snuka looked past it.  I was not surprised to see Flair and Rourke get involved, but it was OK.  I would have preferred Stone Cold to come down and give Jericho a 'Stunner'!

Matt vs Jeff
I really enjoyed this match, some very good spots.  I'm not sure if Jeff hurt himself with the leg drop off the ladders, cos it seemed to end quite abruptly?

JBL vs Rey
I'd already predicted that JBL would retire/quit after this match, but I thought we'd get a bit more action before he lost.  Good to see Rey win, good to see JBL go, but wanted a little more.

Michaels vs Taker
Match of the night, as if it was ever in doubt!  Great match, lots of near falls, excellent performance by both guys.  Although I was quite concerned after Taker dove over the top rope and landed badly, it looked very painful!  He seemed OK though, and good finish.

Edge vs Cena vs Big Show
Good match, I think Triple Threat's can be a bit awkward sometimes, but I enjoyed it.  Glad Vickie got speared.  I kinda thought Cena would win this one, and I was very impressed with the 700lb+ lift at the end.  If Edge had won this one, I'd have not been too pleased.

HHH vs Orton
This was a strange match.  Both got their finishers in straight away, which was weird.  I couldn't see Orton winning and there being a heel win to finish the show.  I just never got into this match though, it seemed a bit disjointed, not really any near falls, not much excitement.  I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't really enjoy this one that much.

Highlights for me: Taker vs Michaels
                        Stone Cold coming down on his quad!

Low points:  Diva's match
                 Not showing the Tag Titles match

Taker & Michaels stole the whole show. Many great spots in that match. The Extreme rules match was pretty good too! Jeff hardy will be hurting for a few days easily after that sick leapfrog over the ladder legdrop attempt. The Triple HHH / Orton match was kind of disappointing. I expected better there and I think its safe to say everyone new John Cena was going to win.

Playboy

• Getbig V
Wrestlemania results...
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 04:46:26 AM »
Primo & Carlito beat Miz & Morrison to win the tag titles unifying them.

Santino Marella dressed in drag won the diva battle royal. No Trish Stratus?

C.M.Punk won the money in the bank match.

Jericho pinned all 3 hall of famers...There's a surprise  ::) Steamboat at least popped the crowd and still can wrestle. Snuka looks like he's seventy and couldn't even stand. Piper looked drunk. Great wrestlers in their day but safe to say they are very old now.

Matt Hardy pinned Jeff Hardy. This match had some crazy spots as you can imagine. Tables, chairs, ladders, a shop vac, kendo sticks, etc. Ended a tad quicker then I thought. Pretty good match all in all.

Undertaker pinned Shawn Michaels in probably the best match of the night. Many crazy spots including the undertaker flying out of the ring and landing on his head after the botched camera man being in the way to break his fall failed. Lots of close calls and both guys kicking out of each others finishers. Great finish with Undertaker catching Michaels in mid air in tombstone position after a Michaels moonsault attempt. Great crowd reactions.

John Cena pinned Big show and Edge. Not bad for a three way dance. Don't know how Cena got show and edge up together for an FU attempt. Best part of the match was seeing Vicky getting speared off the ring (I can't stand her). Safe to say everyone expected Cena to win.

Triple HHH pinned Orton. Not what I expected. This being the main event should have had a better match alltogether. No outside interference, no big spots. Clean pin in the middle of the ring.

Highlights for me:
The entire Undertaker / Michaels match. Also Stone Cold Steve Austin coming out in his 4 runner. Still pops a crowd hard. Gotta love Austin, he must have drank at least 20 bears, lol.

Low spots: The Jericho / old timers match. Waste of time. They could have found someone better to wrestle Jericho. Diva's battle royal was a waste of time.

There you have it folks :)   

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 04:53:56 AM »
So sho won each match?
I just posted the results. Have a look.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 07:49:50 AM »
Can we get rid of the midget already?
Agreed, I'm all about equal opportunities, but midgets should be in the circus.

Divas match was a complete failure.
Waste of everyone's time.  Unorganised, unprofessional, and ridiculous ending.

Don't think Jeff was hurt bad enough where they had to end the match pre maturely. That was a believable big fall. Then steel chair twist of fate for the pin loss. Good finish.
I really thought Jeff had hurt himself, that was a good 15ft on to his ass.  Good finish though using the chair.

JBL? An old fat guy getting beat in ten seconds by someone 1/4 of his size. His stupid ass I quit speech was longer then the match. When he was with Farooq he was awesome. The JBL act never worked for me. Cannot blame Rey. He always brings 10000%.
Another pointless match really.

We're really lucky Undertaker didn't get hurt doing that suicide dive.
Thanks boys for the heck of a match!!!!!!!
Me and my mates thought he was dead!  Awesome match, I'm gonna watch it again tonight.

HHH/Orton. These two guys don't work well together.
Just a disappointing end really.

Great tits on the back up singer in yellow for Kid Rock.
Definitely!

I'd have much rather seen the Tag match than the IC/Diva's matches.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 12:09:42 PM »
I just watched it again. There was a lot of slip ups through out the show. MVP and Shelton Benjamin messed up big time twice. And Gail Kim loosing her grip on the top rope eliminating herself was definitely a foul up. The Ladder match was too slow paced for the opener. I know there was some big boys in there. But they should have rehearsed the match a couple more times. It was like the crowd was a sleep. That Kingston guy and Shelton Benjamin are really some spectacular athletes.

HBK and Undertaker. You have to watch it a second time. Takers suicide dive was sick. That guy is so big. He jumped over the top rope, landed right on his head, and got up. I hope one day I can meet this guy and thank him for all the years of entertainment he's given to me. The guy is truly untouchable. What a great finish with the moon assault into the tombstone. I don't know if they read Getbig? But if so? Thank you so much for your effort! Stole the show. Really really great match.

Didn't watch Jericho. So I cannot say. But I think the worst part of the night was King and JR being tongue tied during the Diva match. Even if they didn't know what was going on? These two are supposed to be the best? The announcers are meant to keep the ball rolling. An extremely disappointing job. It was so dumb how they were acting like they didn't know it was that dude dressed as a girl.

Long story short I loved it just like every other Wrestlemania! Look forward to see who Undertaker is gonna beat next year?

Who's gonna open Raw tonight? Shawn, Cena, Edge, or HHH?
I think Orton will come out and play the old "I want a re-match" game. I think it will lead into back lash where HHH will lose the title. He needs to take time off to make the movie Thor.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »
I think Orton will come out and play the old "I want a re-match" game. I think it will lead into back lash where HHH will lose the title. He needs to take time off to make the movie Thor.

I think it'll be Cena/HHH opening the show tonight. 

Just a quick point, HHH is still a Smackdown guy, but if his feud continues with Orton, then either him or Orton will have to move in the Draft?  Orton to Smackdown?  Or HHH to Raw and Cena to Smackdown?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Wrestlemania results...
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 04:22:30 PM »
Primo & Carlito beat Miz & Morrison to win the tag titles unifying them.
It's ridiculous that this was not shown on the PPV.

Santino Marella dressed in drag won the diva battle royal. No Trish Stratus?
Absolute joke.  I like Santino, but I don't know what they are doing with him.

Jericho pinned all 3 hall of famers...There's a surprise  ::) Steamboat at least popped the crowd and still can wrestle. Snuka looks like he's seventy and couldn't even stand. Piper looked drunk. Great wrestlers in their day but safe to say they are very old now.
They could have found someone better to wrestle Jericho. 
I wanted Stone Cold to come down and kick Jericho's ass and save his fellow HOF's!  That would have been much better.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:40 PM »
I was very disappointed on many levels  .  To me it was one of the worst Wrestlemainias of all time.

My first complaint is that if I wanted to see 20 fucking min. of Kid Rock I would go to a god damn Kid Rock show !

Second why was the Tag Title match not on the PPV ? That was very stupid , I was looking forward to that match.  They don't give these guys any PPV time but they give 20 fucking min. to Kid Rock ?

The money in the bank match was ok but I thought it could have been better and it seemed like they screwed up a couple of times.

I was also disappointed that I did not get to see some of the Divas that came back for the battle royal, because of mother fucking Kid Rock, so they did not show their intros.

I liked the Jericho match but I thought it should have just been Jericho against Steamboat.  To me Steamboat looked great and did not miss a beat.  But Piper and Snuka looked their age.  I thought it was stupid to have a god damn actor Micky Rourke burry Jericho after the match.  That was dumb.

I was glade that the IC title match was short cause I don't like either one of those guys. But I did think Mystrio's costume was cool.

I Did not like the Triple threat match cause I'm not a fan of Big Show. It would have been better just to have Edge VS Cena to me.

I thought Triple H and Orton match was just plan boring.

I thought Shawn and Taker stole the show. Just a good old fashon match that told a story.
But the again who gives a shit what I think

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 04:07:53 AM »
I was very disappointed on many levels  .  To me it was one of the worst Wrestlemainias of all time.

My first complaint is that if I wanted to see 20 fucking min. of Kid Rock I would go to a god damn Kid Rock show !

Second why was the Tag Title match not on the PPV ? That was very stupid , I was looking forward to that match.  They don't give these guys any PPV time but they give 20 fucking min. to Kid Rock ?

The money in the bank match was ok but I thought it could have been better and it seemed like they screwed up a couple of times.

I was also disappointed that I did not get to see some of the Divas that came back for the battle royal, because of mother fucking Kid Rock, so they did not show their intros.

I liked the Jericho match but I thought it should have just been Jericho against Steamboat.  To me Steamboat looked great and did not miss a beat.  But Piper and Snuka looked their age.  I thought it was stupid to have a god damn actor Micky Rourke burry Jericho after the match.  That was dumb.

I was glade that the IC title match was short cause I don't like either one of those guys. But I did think Mystrio's costume was cool.

I Did not like the Triple threat match cause I'm not a fan of Big Show. It would have been better just to have Edge VS Cena to me.

I thought Triple H and Orton match was just plan boring.

I thought Shawn and Taker stole the show. Just a good old fashon match that told a story.
But the again who gives a shit what I think
I was surprised too, Karl. They put the tag title unification match as the dark match. WTF? The colon's put on a sick show with a great display of aerial tactics and a good ground game. Anyone who really appreciates wrestling would love to watch Carlito & Primo wrestle.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 10:09:08 AM »
I'm mixed on it. I though that it was a good show, but had the potential to be a lot better. The MIITB match was good and Shelton had some great spots as usual. All of the guys were great even though i don't like Punk it was still a good match. The tag match shouldn't of been bumped, i was really looking forward to it and the match they had on RAW only solidifies that.

Kid Rock went on forever and the crowd was dead for it. They should have introduced the woman that came back like Sunny and Victoria and at least acknowledge they were there, the Santina thing was funny but he shouldn't have won IMO. The legends match was saved by Ricky and Jericho, i though Snuka was going to stroke out and die and we'd have a new WM moment. Steamboat was great and Jericho carried him to a great match.

I hate Rey so i hated that "match" sad to see JBL go. Michaels-Taker was the match of the night i marked and thought Taker was legit hurt lol, great finish and a top 10 WM match. The triple threat was solid, the invasion of the wiggers was gay but Show slowed down the pace a lot. Cool ending. The HHH-Orton match was a dissapointment. Matt-Jeff was a solid match. I'd rate the show 7/10

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 01:41:31 PM »
he invasion of the wiggers was gay but Show slowed down the pace a lot.

Actually some of those guys were probably WNBF pro bodybuilders.  Got an e-mail from the WNBF that the WWE had a casting call for possible use in WM25.  Obviously I wasn't chosen to be in the event.  Would have been cool to be there.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 04:37:50 AM »
I'm mixed on it. I though that it was a good show, but had the potential to be a lot better. The MIITB match was good and Shelton had some great spots as usual. All of the guys were great even though i don't like Punk it was still a good match. The tag match shouldn't of been bumped, i was really looking forward to it and the match they had on RAW only solidifies that.

Kid Rock went on forever and the crowd was dead for it. They should have introduced the woman that came back like Sunny and Victoria and at least acknowledge they were there, the Santina thing was funny but he shouldn't have won IMO. The legends match was saved by Ricky and Jericho, i though Snuka was going to stroke out and die and we'd have a new WM moment. Steamboat was great and Jericho carried him to a great match.

I hate Rey so i hated that "match" sad to see JBL go. Michaels-Taker was the match of the night i marked and thought Taker was legit hurt lol, great finish and a top 10 WM match. The triple threat was solid, the invasion of the wiggers was gay but Show slowed down the pace a lot. Cool ending. The HHH-Orton match was a dissapointment. Matt-Jeff was a solid match. I'd rate the show 7/10
During that MITB match I was making my beer refill / washroom run. I heard that Shelton Benjimen botched a couple of ladder moves. True?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 06:13:23 AM »
During that MITB match I was making my beer refill / washroom run. I heard that Shelton Benjimen botched a couple of ladder moves. True?
yeah him and MVP messed up a powerbomb spot off of the ladders and Christian and Punk messed up an unprettier(sp?) when the ladder was balanced on the rope. Still amazing stuff though, i'd paralyze myself.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 06:23:22 AM »
yeah him and MVP messed up a powerbomb spot off of the ladders and Christian and Punk messed up an unprettier(sp?) when the ladder was balanced on the rope. Still amazing stuff though, i'd paralyze myself.
I hear ya, some of those spots with wrestlers landing on ladders has got to be painfull. I can see the painkillers coming into effect the next day.