Author Topic: Hurricane Hazel - What a woman!!!  (Read 1017 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Hurricane Hazel - What a woman!!!
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:11:27 AM »
This woman is sooo amazing. We call her Hurricane Hazel! First elected mayor in 1978 and she's still there!
Recently there was an international survey on the best mayors in the world, ...Hazel came in 2nd to some mayor in Greece i think. Their city probably had a larger population, ...that's the only way I can see anyone beating her out. A couple years ago... she got hit by a truck, ...the impact almost totalled the truck, ...but hazel... she took a licking, ...and kept right on ticking.

Here's Rick Mercer with another hilarious & irreverent political interview that only he does so well...

Mississauga Mayor Hurricane Hazel McCallion... the greatest mayor in Canada!

She handled the mass evacuation during the train derailment and kicked ass during the police standoff! Go Girl!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazel_mccallion
w

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: Hurricane Hazel - What a woman!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 07:13:12 AM »
Looks like a true role model.
~

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Hurricane Hazel - What a woman!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 09:49:22 PM »
Looks like a true role model.

She's amazing. I remember when Mississauga was just a little town ... a cow paddy... and she took the helm and transformed it into a major city. Under her guidance, Mississauga has grown and blossomed into a premiere world class city in a position to challenge Toronto. In my opinion, were it not for amalgamation that saw the cities of North York, East York, Scarborough, and Etobicoke, combine to become part of Toronto, Mississauga could very well have become the premiere city in Ontario, ousting toronto for the top spot. It's gotten to the point where nobody even bothers to run against her anymore... if they do it's just a symbolic token challenge at best.
w