Author Topic: Bodybuilding "fans" Vs. other sports fans........................  (Read 1040 times)

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
Why is bodybuilding the only "sport" that expects its fans to resemble anything close to a pro?  If someone was to say "Lee priest has a small chest" or "Dex has no calves" why is the immediate response "lets see your chest, lets see your calves"?  In no other sport do you see anything like this.  If I say Rex Grossman is a shitty quarterback no one asks me "yeah, but how's youre throwing arm"?  It's ridiculous, and the funny thing is it is usually these same people who do the bashing saying bodybuilding should go mainstream.  How the hell can it go mainstream if Joe Average is only able to comment on a 275lb 3% bodyfat ripped monster in a "positive" light?  That would be like the NBA having a regulation stating that you had to be able to dunk before you could comment on it's players.  Insane.

Bodybuilding also has to be the only sport that allows its pros to meltdown all over the internet and in the magazines if a fan says something negative.  Could you imagine what would happen if after a bad game Brett Favre went online and posted something like this, "FUKC ALL DA PENCIL NECK GEEKS AT HOME, LET THEM TRY TO THROW A TOUCHDOWN PASS WIT A FULL BLITZ IN THERE FACE!!!  DEY ALL JUS JEALOUS CUZ DEY CAN'T DO IT!!!!"  You think the NFL or its fans would stand for this kind of bullshit?  Why is it then that the IFBB and its fans not only allow this behavior but seem to condone it?

Rant, I know, but seriously wonder why it is like this? 

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
Re: Bodybuilding "fans" Vs. other sports fans........................
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »
Its not really a sport though is it?
Its a lifestyle

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 10:23:36 AM »
Its not really a sport though is it?
Its a lifestyle

True, but even if you say it is closer to a pageant, when you watch Miss America and someone says I don't know why Miss Texas won, she wasnt as pretty as Miss Alabama, you don't see people saying "well how pretty are you guy!!" ;)

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
It's the same at boxing forums... Say that some pro has no punching power and they will want you to fight him!!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »
I think back to the year 2000 when I had 3rd row tickets to the O.  The VIP package.
I was screaming like a little bitch for Ronnie and others...I hate thinking about that cause it reminds me of how gay that was :-X

I literally yelled so much I lost my voice :-X :-X :-X

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »
I think back to the year 2000 when I had 3rd row tickets to the O.  The VIP package.
I was screaming like a little bitch for Ronnie and others...I hate thinking about that cause it reminds me of how gay that was :-X

haha that's a pic or video that i'd like to see. ;D

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »
It's a competition, physique competition to be precise.  But not a sport in my opinion.  And BBers are not "athletes" in any sense of the damn word.  That is retarded.  I know some of the biggest baddest dudes in the gym and they couldn't throw or kick anything with any athletic prowess whatsoever.  Hell Dancing with the Stars competitors are more athletic than bodybuilders.  Plus the rampant and heavy drug use destroys a lot of credibility among people, especially the outright lies behind it.  Yes all sports have drugs etc.  but nowhere near the extent of bodybuilding.  

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 10:53:30 AM »
Why is bodybuilding the only "sport" that expects its fans to resemble anything close to a pro?  If someone was to say "Lee priest has a small chest" or "Dex has no calves" why is the immediate response "lets see your chest, lets see your calves"?  In no other sport do you see anything like this.  If I say Rex Grossman is a shitty quarterback no one asks me "yeah, but how's youre throwing arm"?  It's ridiculous, and the funny thing is it is usually these same people who do the bashing saying bodybuilding should go mainstream.  How the hell can it go mainstream if Joe Average is only able to comment on a 275lb 3% bodyfat ripped monster in a "positive" light?  That would be like the NBA having a regulation stating that you had to be able to dunk before you could comment on it's players.  Insane.

Bodybuilding also has to be the only sport that allows its pros to meltdown all over the internet and in the magazines if a fan says something negative.  Could you imagine what would happen if after a bad game Brett Favre went online and posted something like this, "FUKC ALL DA PENCIL NECK GEEKS AT HOME, LET THEM TRY TO THROW A TOUCHDOWN PASS WIT A FULL BLITZ IN THERE FACE!!!  DEY ALL JUS JEALOUS CUZ DEY CAN'T DO IT!!!!"  You think the NFL or its fans would stand for this kind of bullshit?  Why is it then that the IFBB and its fans not only allow this behavior but seem to condone it?

Rant, I know, but seriously wonder why it is like this? 

BOOOOOLSHIT.  Have you ever spent time on other sports forums?  Plus this "sport" isn't team related.  It's individual against individual.  Check out Golf chat forums, its more to your liking.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 11:01:59 AM »

Yes, I agree, that was Kevin Levrone's year  ;D

oh and..
It's a sport  :D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »
No it's not a sport...and looking at those pics how the F*** did Kevin never win an Olympia  ???

ASJChaotic

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 04:04:46 PM »
No it's not a sport...and looking at those pics how the F*** did Kevin never win an Olympia  ???

he didn't have a HGH gut, that's what the judges were looking for lol

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 04:05:52 PM »
he didn't have a HGH gut, that's what the judges were looking for lol
Still used plenty of GH/Slin

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
A