Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 50770 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
NBA playoffs 2009
« on: April 07, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »
Playoff time is almost here.

I have financial interest in lakers winning the west.
Sad for spurs fans that manu is out for the year, good for me.

can we have a Cav's and Lakers finals? it would be david sterns wet dream.
Shaq will not be in the playoffs this year, so expect him to be real overweight next season.

I think portland will be a suprising team in the postseason

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
is bynum back yet?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »
is bynum back yet?
back on sunday against the jazz, according to nba.com

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:58:30 PM »
I'm rooting for Dwayne Wade and the Heat!

I hope Wade gets MVP but it will probably go to Lebron.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 02:04:36 PM »
I'm rooting for Dwayne Wade and the Heat!

I hope Wade gets MVP but it will probably go to Lebron.
100%

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »
I want a Lakers v. Celtics final.  Lakers are the obvious favorite in the West.  I think Boston beats Cleveland if Garnett is healthy.  

Lakers took both games from Boston and Cleveland this year, including Cleveland's only home loss this season.  

The Lakers should win it all, especially if Bynum does come back at 100 percent.  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 02:36:38 PM »
i dont want a cookie cuter nba finals....

hopefully a yong team goes deep like the hawks or portland or even denver.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
I want a Lakers v. Celtics final.  Lakers are the obvious favorite in the West.  I think Boston beats Cleveland if Garnett is healthy.  

Lakers took both games from Boston and Cleveland this year, including Cleveland's only home loss this season.  

The Lakers should win it all, especially if Bynum does come back at 100 percent.  
Im praying that you are right BB

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 07:12:13 AM »

Not sold on Cleveland at all. Lebron is a hand full to deal with. But I think their gaudy regular season record has more to do with a shitty Eastern Conference. Stick Cleveland in the west and they would easily be 10 losses worse than they are now. Their starting back court is really good offensively and defensively with West and Williams, though. I think the Lakers would beat the Cavs in 5 games if they played in the finals.

By the way, does anyone realize that Ben Wallace is the highest paid player annually on the Cavs? $14,500,000 salary. Plays 24 minutes a game. Wow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
Not sold on Cleveland at all. Lebron is a hand full to deal with. But I think their gaudy regular season record has more to do with a shitty Eastern Conference. Stick Cleveland in the west and they would easily be 10 losses worse than they are now. Their starting back court is really good offensively and defensively with West and Williams, though. I think the Lakers would beat the Cavs in 5 games if they played in the finals.

By the way, does anyone realize that Ben Wallace is the highest paid player annually on the Cavs? $14,500,000 salary. Plays 24 minutes a game. Wow.

I agree with this.  I've watched Cleveland several times this year and have not been impressed.  They don't look like a championship team to me.  I think Orlando would probably beat them in a seven game series. 

Didn't know that about Wallace.  He's on IR too. 

Regarding the MVP, it should be Kobe but it's likely going to be LeBron. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »
I agree with this.  I've watched Cleveland several times this year and have not been impressed.  They don't look like a championship team to me.  I think Orlando would probably beat them in a seven game series. 

Didn't know that about Wallace.  He's on IR too. 

Regarding the MVP, it should be Kobe but it's likely going to be LeBron. 

I mean...Lebron is the MAN. But every championship team typically has that second great player that takes the team to the next level. Maybe Williams at PG is that player but I would think a stud PF would put Cleveland over the top. Cleveland might play Boston in the second round if Orlando gets the #2 seed in the East. Boston, come playoff time, will BRING IT with or without Kevin Garnett at full strength. They are the defending champions until another team eliminates them. In a seven game series, I don't see Cleveland beating them.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 12:38:52 PM »
Orlando has owned Cleveland this year. I'm more worried about Orlando than i am about Cleveland. The Celtics beat the Cavs without Garnett a few weeks ago and the game was never in doubt.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »
I have no interest in the NBA.  Grew up a huge Bird and Co. fan in the 80's.   

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 01:07:11 PM »
I have no interest in the NBA.  Grew up a huge Bird and Co. fan in the 80's.   
welcome to the thread anyway showstoppa.
Will the spurs make the Western conference finals?
Can the Mavs upset the lakers?
Will lebron's supporting cast let him down?
Can the Celtics repeat?
Is kobe goin to go completely Jordanesque in the postseason?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »
Orlando has owned Cleveland this year. I'm more worried about Orlando than i am about Cleveland. The Celtics beat the Cavs without Garnett a few weeks ago and the game was never in doubt.

Not many teams match up well with Orlando, PERIOD. Not unless they have a legit big man that can keep Dwight Howard in check. Best of luck with that!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »
Not many teams match up well with Orlando, PERIOD. Not unless they have a legit big man that can keep Dwight Howard in check. Best of luck with that!
let howard do his thing, his teammates will self destruct.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 07:18:45 AM »
let howard do his thing, his teammates will self destruct.

Opponents will routinely double and triple Howard down low. If Turk and Lewis are hitting their kickout shots, Orlando is a very dangerous team.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 12:56:04 PM »
Opponents will routinely double and triple Howard down low. If Turk and Lewis are hitting their kickout shots, Orlando is a very dangerous team.
are you an Orlando fan?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 07:34:15 PM »
are you an Orlando fan?

Nope. Just a sports fan, period.

But my team is the Wizards. If they get lucky enough to win the NBA draft lottery, they get Blake Griffin. Getting a guy like him makes the Wizards one of the best teams in the East next year. If not Griffin, they will still go after size and defense with Thabeet at C or Dejuan Blair at PF. They're in good shape for next season. If everyone is healthy, they win 50 games easy.

I'm pulling for Dwayne Wade and the Heat. Love watching D-Wade play.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 11:41:57 PM »
Nope. Just a sports fan, period.

But my team is the Wizards. If they get lucky enough to win the NBA draft lottery, they get Blake Griffin. Getting a guy like him makes the Wizards one of the best teams in the East next year. If not Griffin, they will still go after size and defense with Thabeet at C or Dejuan Blair at PF. They're in good shape for next season. If everyone is healthy, they win 50 games easy.

I'm pulling for Dwayne Wade and the Heat. Love watching D-Wade play.
D wade is awesome, he needs more help this year, what the fuck is up with beazley??? did he disappear?

just watched the lakers dismantle the nuggets, bynum is back and looking great on the court

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 05:14:44 AM »
D wade is awesome, he needs more help this year, what the fuck is up with beazley??? did he disappear?

just watched the lakers dismantle the nuggets, bynum is back and looking great on the court

I think Beasley is still caught up in the bright lights and fame of being a pro and playing in Miami. Got a buddy who lives in South Beach and he tells me that he sees Beasley at all the hot clubs hooking up with tons of pussy. His stats are pretty weak on the pro level so far, considering this guy was putting up 26 and 12 a game at K-State. Hopefully, he'll really work on his game this upcoming off-season and put on some more muscle so he can bang with the best down in the post. Plus, he's playing behind Haslem, who is a respectable starting PF in the NBA. He needs to work on his defense and stay out of early foul trouble. Once he works on all of those things, he'll be force to reckon with in a season or two.

Bynum puts the Lakers over the top as the favorite to win it all. He looked good last night.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 05:37:34 AM »
     I think Beasley is still caught up in the bright lights and fame of being a pro and playing in Miami. Got a buddy who lives in South Beach and he tells me that he sees Beasley at all the hot clubs hooking up with tons of pussy. His stats are pretty weak on the pro level so far, considering this guy was putting up 26 and 12 a game at K-State. Hopefully, he'll really work on his game this upcoming off-season and put on some more muscle so he can bang with the best down in the post. Plus, he's playing behind Haslem, who is a respectable starting PF in the NBA. He needs to work on his defense and stay out of early foul trouble. Once he works on all of those things, he'll be force to reckon with in a season or two.

Bynum puts the Lakers over the top as the favorite to win it all. He looked good last night.
I think beazley does not have the mind set to be a great player, pat riley had second thoughts on drafting him, he was going to go with mayo but they had Wade.
I'm happy for beazley hitting the clubs and tearing up pussy, but his career should come first, the pussy will be there forever, his only young once, make the most of the talent.

as for the lakers, i cannot see anyone taken them out in the playoffs, they execute real good, and since its the playoffs you know kobe will go off

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 11:48:26 AM »
Bynum looked good yesterday, but did you see Kobe?  The man is an assassin.  He was all over the court.  Breaking ankles.  Constantly in the paint.  Hitting threes.  Mid-range jumpers.  All contested shots.  The Black Mamba is ready for the playoffs. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »
I don't know why the Lakers can't beat Portland at Portland (or Charlotte anywhere).  Good thing LA will have home court if they face them in the playoffs.