Author Topic: Obvious BS stats, but man did he look impressive.  (Read 2885 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Obvious BS stats, but man did he look impressive.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 06:41:46 PM »
Lets not....got to win a National title first, unfortunately, we never got to see what potential (if any) Big Vic had.

if any
..wow...
 :-\
choice is an illusion

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
I dont slam Vic, I slam the fools who believe he could/ would/ should've....that's why we have competitions....

he could have turned pro a lot quicker than you did Chick. I think you're jealous because he had awesome genetics and was praised but never stepped on stage while you had okay genetics and kept losing over and over. Theres more to life than competitions bobby, it's about self growth.

;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 06:49:40 PM »
if any
..wow...
 :-\

Yeah..."If any"....as in...there have been plenty of guys with "what it takes" that either never made it to the pro's or never realized their potential....we have nothing to compare his "potential", as he was untested.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »
he could have turned pro a lot quicker than you did Chick. I think you're jealous because he had awesome genetics and was praised but never stepped on stage while you had okay genetics and kept losing over and over. Theres more to life than competitions bobby, it's about self growth.

;D

There's that magic word again..."could've"....then he should have, right?

I've never heard Victor bitchin about anything, or debating what he "could've" done....just his fans

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »
jealousy is a bitch aint it?

x2
if u look up jealousy in dictionary bobs pic would be there
w

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
Yeah..."If any"....as in...there have been plenty of guys with "what it takes" that either never made it to the pro's or never realized their potential....we have nothing to compare his "potential", as he was untested.
point taken...
but its clear to see he would have been a great pro...imo  he has the size and his  gennetic muscle shape... and insertions a lot of pros can only dream of... and thats taking nothing from anyone else.. his muscle insertions... and length are amazing. Hence why people still talk about him as being in the top top echelon genetic wise decades after his "heyday" even though he never stepped on stage.
choice is an illusion

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »

;D
What is Bob jealous of?  Bob won the USA and got his procard.  Vic won the Nigerian BB championships, whatever the fuck that is.  Bob competed and paid his dues.  Vic didnt.  You have to compete to prove yourself and Vic never did that.  Why?  We will never know.  Bob has won shows and got Top 5's  Vic had endorsements on potential

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 06:56:36 PM »
A great gym bodybuilder

And his ass could pull a vacuum at his bodyweight. Something you don't see now.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 06:58:53 PM »
There's that magic word again..."could've"....then he should have, right?

I've never heard Victor bitchin about anything, or debating what he "could've" done....just his fans

get out of the materialistic aspect of bodybuilding chick. Stop throwing the "but victor didn't step on stage!!" chant anytime a person mention his name. He didn't want to compete because he felt it was useless bullshit, and he has a point. He hasnt stepped on stage in years and hasnt been on any tv/webcast in a very long time (he has nothing to prove to anybody), yet i bet he looks better today living in Oregon or where ever he lives at than you do and you're the spokesperson for bodybuilding and sponsored by Bodybuilding.com.

how does that make you feel?

Vic is a happy man and is/was a great bodybuilder, he doesn't need a plastic trophy on his office desk to prove this.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »
get out of the materialistic aspect of bodybuilding chick. Stop throwing the "but victor didn't step on stage!!" chant anytime a person mention his name. He didn't want to compete because he felt it was useless bullshit, and he has a point. He hasnt stepped on stage in years and hasnt been on any tv/webcast in a very long time (he has nothing to prove to anybody), yet i bet he looks better today living in Oregon or where ever he lives at than you do and you're the spokesperson for bodybuilding and sponsored by Bodybuilding.com.

Vic is a happy man and is/was a great bodybuilder, he doesn't need a plastic trophy on his office desk to prove this.

great post and nothing but truth-even bob cant change the facts posted here
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 07:04:02 PM »

Nice logic....so, he doesn't have anything to prove but I do?  Whats the difference what either of us look like today?  If anything...it's ME that has nothing to prove, as I DID prove it....winning the USA, earning pro status, competing as a pro, etc, etc...

You can speculate all you wish, but at the end of the day....thats all it amounts too

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 07:07:57 PM »
Until he gets onstage you'd never know how well he could do... Dennis James looks better than pretty much every pro out there in the gym but doesn't look better than them onstage... outside pics and gym pics can't be compared to top pro's on the day of the contest.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 07:08:03 PM »

Then why call yourself a professional bodybuilder like Vic did.  If he thought BB comps.  were useless why did he take endorsements from the Weiders all those years.  He also made money from appearances and guest posings

Why would Bob be jealous of Vic? He has a hot new crib and is making cheese plus he is still in good shape

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 07:08:09 PM »

You obviously have absolutely no understanding of competion. As Bob said SEVERAL great bodybuilders never even turn Pro. In base of your ridiculous logic Dorian Yates would have never won a single title....(many had better "Potention") It is an immense difference between could have ....and actually done it..many could have been ...but very few actually do it

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »

I read an interview with Vic, by Trevor Smith...

I guess Vic was supposed to guest pose at the Night of Champions that Dorian won, but Demilia didn't want Vic on the same stage as Dorian, as Vic would've easily stole the attention of the crowd.  Apparently Vic was in shape and dwarfed Dorain...

Ever hear that one Chick?  Probably not, right?  ;)
just not good enough

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:37 PM »
Nice logic....so, he doesn't have anything to prove but I do?  Whats the difference what either of us look like today?  If anything...it's ME that has nothing to prove, as I DID prove it....winning the USA, earning pro status, competing as a pro, etc, etc...

You can speculate all you wish, but at the end of the day....thats all it amounts too

So you think you're a better person because you have "earned pro status, comepted as a pro, etc etc"

Maybe I should refer you back to my other post? Besides saying "bob who?" I bet Vic would laugh his ass off if he heard you were listing these as your accomplishments to put yourself on a higher standard than Vic. In a physical sense considering both your jobs, yes Bob you do have more to prove. You are out there standing on stages, holding microphones, handing out trophies, doing your little radio show, pose for pictures at golds gym, and whatever else it is you do. But Vic has moved beyond this physical state and has found accomplishment and satisfaction in the mental state, which goes beyond the physical part. Vic decided to focus on the mental part more than the physical part, simple as that.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 07:13:12 PM »
So you think you're a better person because you have "earned pro status, comepted as a pro, etc etc"

Maybe I should refer you back to my other post? Besides saying "bob who?" I bet Vic would laugh his ass off if he heard you were listing these as your accomplishments to put yourself on a higher standard than Vic. In a physical sense considering both your jobs, yes Bob you do have more to prove. You are out there standing on stages, holding microphones, handing out trophies, doing your little radio show, pose for pictures at golds gym, and whatever else it is you do. But Vic has moved beyond this physical state and has found accomplishment and satisfaction in the mental state, which goes beyond the physical part. Vic decided to focus on the mental part more than the physical part, simple as that.

::) What are you even talking about????!!!
Go do some yoga and relax...you are in La la land

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »

WTF are you talking about??????????????   Mental state???????????   How do you know he has decided to focus on the mental state?  The only state that you know he is in is Oregon

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »

wow!!!
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »

Sorry bro...you're scrambling now....this is BODYBUILDING, physical, physique contests, etc....and were not debating what VIC thinks...were debating what people like YOU think.

I have nothing to prove, as I walked the walk...Vic did not. We dont have to speculate or wonder what I would have done as a pro...

As for being a better person....no one is comparing us as people....it's irrelevant to the discussion, but what you choose to turn the debate to, as you are losing ground ith your lame argument.

As for being a better BB...guess we cant compare as he never competed as a pro

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »
Chick
Please come to the Paul Chua appreciation thread

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »
For not being a pro (was he?) he did some guest posing didn't he.  So he took some business and money from pro bodybuilders. 

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 11:33:30 PM »

;D

not to buddy up to Bob here, but isn't it more impressive that Bob busted his ass and didn't give up on his dream, while Vic had some of the best genetics ever, and never tried?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »
S