Author Topic: More steroid bashing by the media  (Read 655 times)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
More steroid bashing by the media
« on: April 07, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »
They quote some douche who obviously forgot to run PCT  ::)

Steroid poisoning cases shoot up

There's a warning about over-using steroids to get buff.

New figures show the number of people ending up in hospital with steroid poisoning has soared in England in the last five years.

Doctors are seeing more teenagers with health problems after using them.

More than 2,500 people were treated last year. Many people using steroids because they think they'll make their bodies look good.

Possession of the drugs is legal in the UK but it's against the law to supply them without a prescription. Risks of taking steroids include mood swings, psychological problems, needle accidents after injecting and bad reactions to the drugs.

Some politicians are worried about the growing number of under-18s taking steroids. The total number of people admitted to hospital with steroid poisoning has risen by 60% in England since 2003.The government's drug advisors are looking at the problem and could recommend tougher rules on sales and possession later this year.

Jack from Banbury says steroids gave him man boobs when he was 18: "After a few months I noticed I had like, I thought it was just fat.
"I thought, 'Oh. A bit more bench pressing down my local gym. That'll soon get rid of it'. "I went to the doctors and it turns out it was breast tissue and the only way of getting rid of it is an operation. Jack says he took steroids partly to boost his confidence. He said: "If I'm honest I got pretty good results. One of the main things is the women love it. "You're looking bigger and bigger and you feel better about yourself."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/health/newsid_7987000/7987999.stm

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: More steroid bashing by the media
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 03:06:05 PM »
Stupid limeys! 

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »
Jack from Banbury says steroids gave him man boobs when he was 18: "After a few months I noticed I had like, I thought it was just fat.
"I thought, 'Oh. A bit more bench pressing down my local gym, That'll soon get rid of it'.

obviously a very educated individual.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »
Trying to scare everyone into thinking Steroids are really bad... What a crock of shit.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 03:48:34 PM »
How many in the UK end up in hospital due to alcohol posioning?

I remember a study done on women in hospitals saying their drink was spiked and they worked out only 4% actually had their drink spiked, the rest just drank too much.

But no no lets go after the evil steroids.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
How many in the UK end up in hospital due to alcohol posioning?

I remember a study done on women in hospitals saying their drink was spiked and they worked out only 4% actually had their drink spiked, the rest just drank too much.

But no no lets go after the evil steroids.

Are you from the UK? There was a program on c4 tonight about A&E and alcohol excess. Scary shit

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »
steroids are really bad, almost as bad as soda pop

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 06:20:43 PM »
Even when there is tens of other more dangerous substances it doesn't mean media should glorify steroids.