Author Topic: Probiotics  (Read 901 times)

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
Probiotics
« on: April 07, 2009, 06:54:05 PM »
Has anybody here used Probiotics in supplement form and if so has it been worthwhile at all ?

X

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Probiotics
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »
They are worthwhile if you have extra money to spend.
I am a big baby

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:05:25 AM »
i'm taking a chewable right now..  been on antibiotics for strep and some other things..    and breaking out a little.. i'm 30.
Hoping it helps a little...    i think the bodybuilder diet isn't conducive to keeping the healthy bacteria in our tracts...

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:49:25 AM »
I usually take them if i have been on antibiotics (had pneumonia and was on them for 4 weeks earlier this year).  Not sure if they work but they aren't that expensive anyway.  I usually just buy the yoghurts.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:15:50 AM »
Today, I had the worst runs!

For some reason, my body cant digest Met-rx mrps or Advantage Matrix mrps.... all of it was freakin wasted in the shitter!

I went online to see how much probiotics cost and they are pretty expensive as hell online.

So I went to Walmart and bought some for like 6-7 bucks. I also bought some acidophulous too.

Drank an MRP when I got home and a few capsules of the probiotic and acidophoulus..... no runs or diarrhea and no bloat! Drank another MRP shake....and feeling fine

Im a believer in probiotics!

Walmart has great deals on acidoupholus and probiotics...doesnt cost that much and well worth the investment.

Make sure you get the enteric coated one because your stomach acid wll destroy the organisms in the pills. You want the entric coated ones because they will bypass your stomach and go to the intestines where they will reside