Author Topic: Best Game  (Read 4395 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Best Game
« on: April 07, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
What do you guys think are the best game consoles out there. 

1.. X Box
2.  Wii
3. Playstation 3
4. Game Cube

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Best Game
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:44:10 PM »
360 and ps3, both have their benefits

PUERTOROCKS

• Getbig II
  • Get big or die tryin
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:35:18 AM »
PS3 hands down.  You could watch blu-ray discs.
Get big or die tryin!

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 09:21:09 PM »
Game Cube is antiquated.  Wii is for grandmas and women.  PS3 has crappy online play, most games in 720p.

360 destroys all

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »
Game Cube is antiquated.  Wii is for grandmas and women.  PS3 has crappy online play, most games in 720p.

360 destroys all

from a non-fanboy perspective, theyre both great. My little bro has both and they have their qualities.

ps3-blueray,free online,overall better graphics,more exclusive games

360-better online experience,download games in case the disk breaks, currently a wider selection of games(not for long)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:21:44 AM »

ps3-overall better graphics,more exclusive games

I agree with you that both have their benefits, but this isn't true.  PS3 has no "console seller" games, while the XBox has Halo and Gears of War.  Final Fantasy dropped PS3 exclusivity, and MGS4, while good, is a niche and did not sell consoles.  All supposed killer apps for this system have been failures, Little Big Planet, etc.....  Sony's online is free because it sucks, and has nowhere near the functionality of the XBox Live.

PS3 can't display the textures that the 360 can, either.  Take a game like Bioshock.  A beautiful game on the 360, but looked crappy on the PS3.

But it does have a fantastic blu-ray player, but XBox has exclusivity on Netflix HD streaming content.

So, to onlyme's question, the Wii is best for casual gaming, the 360 for the hardcore.

Microsoft kicked the living crap out of Sony on this generation, and the numbers back it up.   
Y

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 06:16:00 AM »
Xbox will rule in the next gen too.  They already have a patent on the 720.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 08:33:21 AM »
Thanks guys for the input.  We are bringing in 4000 of the following and will beat the lowest price you can find on the internet by between 20% and 50%.  I will keep you up to date when they are delivered.  Hopefully within the next 30 to 45 days they should be here. Just paid for them on Monday.  I will have a website up too.  We will also have the lowest prices on large tv's up to 63" from Sony, Samsung, LG, Phillips and Panasonic.  Cell phones, GPS and laptops too. 

Playstation 3(80gb)
Playstation 3(60gb)
playstation 2
playstation 1
game cube
Sony mylo
sony psp value pack
sony psp giga pack
xbox 360 gold pack
X-BOX 360 core
X-BOX 360 premium
Nintendo wii sport
Nintendo wii console
Nintendo Wii fit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »
Thanks guys for the input.  We are bringing in 4000 of the following and will beat the lowest price you can find on the internet by between 20% and 50%.  I will keep you up to date when they are delivered.  Hopefully within the next 30 to 45 days they should be here. Just paid for them on Monday.  I will have a website up too.  We will also have the lowest prices on large tv's up to 63" from Sony, Samsung, LG, Phillips and Panasonic.  Cell phones, GPS and laptops too. 

Playstation 3(80gb)
Playstation 3(60gb)
playstation 2
playstation 1
game cube
Sony mylo
sony psp value pack
sony psp giga pack
xbox 360 gold pack
X-BOX 360 core
X-BOX 360 premium
Nintendo wii sport
Nintendo wii console
Nintendo Wii fit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite

If you get the Red Resident Evil version of the XBox 360, I might be interested in seeing your price......
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »
Xbox will rule in the next gen too.  They already have a patent on the 720.

I think so, but I wouldn't hold your breath.  Sony's PS3 failure means Microsoft will not have to rush to be first again this time.  The 360 might still have 3 years left on it.
Y

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 10:31:52 AM »
Oh, I know the 360 has AT LEAST 3 years left...I just think it is interesting that Microsoft already has the patent for it.  I think that even with Microsoft taking their time that they will still be the first to put a console out as game developers still are having trouble with the PS3.  Sony simply dropped the ball with this one.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »
Oh, I know the 360 has AT LEAST 3 years left...I just think it is interesting that Microsoft already has the patent for it.  I think that even with Microsoft taking their time that they will still be the first to put a console out as game developers still are having trouble with the PS3.  Sony simply dropped the ball with this one.

I agree.  Only Sony fanbois can defend that system.   And this is from someone who loved their PS2, and still plays it.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »
I agree with you that both have their benefits, but this isn't true.  PS3 has no "console seller" games, while the XBox has Halo and Gears of War.  Final Fantasy dropped PS3 exclusivity, and MGS4, while good, is a niche and did not sell consoles.  All supposed killer apps for this system have been failures, Little Big Planet, etc.....  Sony's online is free because it sucks, and has nowhere near the functionality of the XBox Live.

PS3 can't display the textures that the 360 can, either.  Take a game like Bioshock.  A beautiful game on the 360, but looked crappy on the PS3.

But it does have a fantastic blu-ray player, but XBox has exclusivity on Netflix HD streaming content.

So, to onlyme's question, the Wii is best for casual gaming, the 360 for the hardcore.

Microsoft kicked the living crap out of Sony on this generation, and the numbers back it up.   

ps3 doesnt have console seller games? thats a fanboy statement right there...everyone reading this, pay no mind to this guy. Theyhave quite a few exclusives...not to mention every game on 360 can be purchased for the pc. Ps3 not so much.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »
Keith,   willl you be selling modded units?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »
ps3 doesnt have console seller games? thats a fanboy statement right there...everyone reading this, pay no mind to this guy. Theyhave quite a few exclusives...not to mention every game on 360 can be purchased for the pc. Ps3 not so much.

There's a difference between an exclusive title and a console seller.

I'm not a fanboy and  I'll  back up my statements with facts.  If YOU know so much, disprove this data:

Despite the fact that in holiday season 2008, Sony had exclusive apps like MGS4, LBP and Resistance 2, the system sold less units than it did the prior holiday season.  Meanwhile, in 2008, the XBox 360 had Fable 2 and GoW 2, and saw their sales increase from the prior holiday season.

If you read the NPD numbers, it will show you that none of Sony's games have caused a significant increase in console sales.

Games that are released on both the 360 and the PS3 have also shown to sell better on the 360, such as Left 4  Dead, COD WaW, Fallout 3 and GTA IV.

As for online, Sony's network doesn't even support voice chat on many of its games.  Developers and publishers themselves don't like providing content to that network, because they lose money on it.

The PS3 is a colossal failure for Sony, and has caused them so much loss, that there's industry rumblings that there won't even be a PS4.

Y

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 07:55:24 PM »
PS3 does have KillZone 2, though.  I wouldn't mind playing that.  But I hear even gran turismo is thinking about not selling exclusively with sony! 
Goes to show, you need to put games out on 360 if you are to have a better chance.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »
Keith,   willl you be selling modded units?

I don't know what modded means.  I have never had one of these machines that why I needed some input.  The list I put is what we are getting in.  My partner is working on the pricing right now.  The things we are really going to concentrate on beside the games are the large screen tv's (42" to 63") and cameras and cell phones.  We are ordering about 1000 iphones and a variety of Nokia and Sony Erickkson and one I haven't heard of called HTC.  The tv's are Samsung, Sony, Phillips and LG.  Everything is brand new with almost everything coming straight from the manufacturer or clearing house in China.  We have about 200+ different products.  I will have a website up soon.  Here is a small slide show of just the phones we are getting I put together.

http://www.epicsportsclub.com/electronic.htm

Give it time to load

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »
I don't know what modded means.  I have never had one of these machines that why I needed some input.  The list I put is what we are getting in.  My partner is working on the pricing right now.  The things we are really going to concentrate on beside the games are the large screen tv's (42" to 63") and cameras and cell phones.  We are ordering about 1000 iphones and a variety of Nokia and Sony Erickkson and one I haven't heard of called HTC.  The tv's are Samsung, Sony, Phillips and LG.  Everything is brand new with almost everything coming straight from the manufacturer or clearing house in China.  We have about 200+ different products.  I will have a website up soon.  Here is a small slide show of just the phones we are getting I put together.

http://www.epicsportsclub.com/electronic.htm

Give it time to load

Modded means that you can install a chip inside the gaming unit so you can play all burned games.  That way you can burn the games you rent or download the game online somewhere and burn it and then play it like it was a store bought copy.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »
PS3 outsells Wii in Japan

Sony's PlayStation 3 outsold Nintendo's Wii during March in Japan for the first time in 16 months, according to Japanese magazine publisher, Enterbrain.

The console's spike in sales has been credited to titles from Sega and Capcom, with the PS3 hitting 146,948 units, compared with 99,335 units of the Wii and 43,172 units of Microsoft's Xbox 360, reports Reuters.

Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 and Resident Evil 5 for the PlayStation 3 took the top two spots of the region's software sales chart driving demand in the console.

Last week, Sony's John Koller described how the company expected PS3 and PlayStation Portable sales to climb 10-15 per cent worldwide, following a "bullish" approach to sales.

Shares in Sony Corp are trading at JPY 2420 (USD 24), down 1.04 per cent from the previous close.
Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
Although the Playstation 3 has Full HD 1080p output, most games available at this moment have resolutions up to 720p. It should be noted that the PlayStation 3 will downgrade the display of any game that only supports 720p to 480p on an HDTV that displays only 480i, 480p and 1080i signals, instead of upscaling the display to 1080i.

This is a list of games which have 1080p output (includes Native 1080p and Upscaled 1080p):

* 1942: Joint Strike
    * Age of Booty
    * Astro Tripper
    * Bioshock
    * Blast Factor
    * The Bourne Conspiracy
    * Burnout Paradise Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * Call of Duty 4 Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * Call of Duty: World at War
    * Calling All Cars
    * Civilization Revolution
    * College Hoops 2K7
    * Cuboid
    * The Darkness (video game)
    * Dead Space Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * Echochrome
    * Everyday Shooter
    * Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    * Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
    * FIFA 09
    * FIFA Street 3
    * flOw
    * Flower
    * Full Auto 2
    * Geon Emotions
    * Go! Puzzle
    * Go! Sudoku
    * Gran Turismo HD (not in PSN store anymore)
    * Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
    * Grand Theft Auto IV Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * High Stakes : Poker Edition
    * High Velocity Bowling
    * The Incredible Hulk
    * Joust
    * Kung Fu Panda
    * Killzone 2 Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * Lair
    * The Last Guy
    * Legendary
    * LEGO Batman: The Videogame
    * LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    * Linger in Shadows
    * LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
    * Mainichi Issyo
    * Magic Ball
    * Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
    * Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    * Medal of Honor: Airborne
    * Mega Man 9
    * Mesmerize
    * Metal Gear Solid 4
    * Metal Gear Online
    * Midnight Club: Los Angeles
    * Mirror's Edge Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * MLB 07 The Show
    * MLB 08 The Show
    * Mortal Kombat 2
    * Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe
    * NBA 2007/2008/2009
    * NBA 2K7/2K8/2K9
    * NBA Street Homecourt Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * NHL 2K8/2K9
    * Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    * NBA Street Homecourt
    * Novastrike
    * Nucleus
    * The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    * Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * PixelJunk Eden
    * PixelJunk Monsters
    * PixelJunk Racers
    * PlayStation Home Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * Prince Of Persia Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * Piyotama
    * Quantum of Solace
    * Rampage
    * Rampart
    * Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen.
    * Ridge Racer 7
    * Rocketmen: Axis of Evil
    * Saints Row 2
    * SingStar (PlayStation 3) All versions.
    * Snakeball
    * Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer
    * Soldier of Fortune Payback
    * Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
    * Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    * Super Rub'a'Dub
    * Super Stardust HD
    * Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    * Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
    * Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
    * Tori-Emaki
    * The Trials of Topoq
    * Uncharted Drake's Fortune Requires deselecting 720p & 1080i from the Display Setup XMB screen. (not available in the PAL version)
    * Warhawk
    * Wipeout HD
    * Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3
    * Virtua Fighter 5
    * Virtua Tennis 3
Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »

360 destroys all

Xbox 360 adds 1080p, HD DVD drive is $170 US
Hasn't anybody noticed what Microsoft is doing. The xbox 360 is know more expensive than ps3. $499 plus $170 comes out to be $670. You got to be kidding me. Microsoft is trying to pull a wool over our eyes. them ps3 is a better buy do the math you self nice marketing scam Microsoft. Trying to make the xbox seem cheaper.

BTW: xbox 360 only supports 1080i. and 720p looks far better than 1080i. in case you didn't know that.
 PS3 supports 1080p.
Gracie Rules

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 01:49:04 AM »
Xbox 360 adds 1080p, HD DVD drive is $170 US
Hasn't anybody noticed what Microsoft is doing. The xbox 360 is know more expensive than ps3. $499 plus $170 comes out to be $670. You got to be kidding me. Microsoft is trying to pull a wool over our eyes. them ps3 is a better buy do the math you self nice marketing scam Microsoft. Trying to make the xbox seem cheaper.

BTW: xbox 360 only supports 1080i. and 720p looks far better than 1080i. in case you didn't know that.
 PS3 supports 1080p.

Are you sure about that?  It supports 1080p on my t.v.  You need the Xbox pro for the hdmi cables, but it still supports 1080p.

Also, you can get a 360 arcade for $180 and a pro for $279.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 01:52:26 AM »

Playstation 3(80gb)
Playstation 3(60gb)
playstation 2
playstation 1
game cube
Sony mylo
sony psp value pack
sony psp giga pack
xbox 360 gold pack
X-BOX 360 core
X-BOX 360 premium
Nintendo wii sport
Nintendo wii console
Nintendo Wii fit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite

*sigh*
w

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 02:15:50 AM »

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 02:58:52 AM »
Keith you're supposted to loose weight and not become a a couch potato again - or did you get bitten by a spider again :P