Author Topic: Thiago on GSP Fight  (Read 4486 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Thiago on GSP Fight
« on: April 08, 2009, 02:05:45 AM »
!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Thiago on GSP Fight
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 04:03:08 AM »
im curious to see if gsp,s cornerman is gonna rub george with that thia breathing message or whatever it is, you know gsp,s cornermen are gonna have all eyes on them in regards to what they do to george in between rds in the corner. it should be a very interesting fight imo, gsp is gonna be tough to beat though
R

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:22:28 AM »
I thnk alves has a decent shot here..  much more aggressive than bj, and don't forget what Serra did..  gsp's chin may be suspect.

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb here and give the fight to Alves by knock out.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:45:22 AM »
im curious to see if gsp,s cornerman is gonna rub george with that thia breathing message or whatever it is, you know gsp,s cornermen are gonna have all eyes on them in regards to what they do to george in between rds in the corner. it should be a very interesting fight imo, gsp is gonna be tough to beat though

I have a feeling that they won't be applying grease doing the breathing technique for this fight. I am sure they have suddenly found it ineffective.
This is going to be a great fight.

BigMenace

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »
I have a feeling GSP is going to walk all over this kid.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »
GSP is way too experienced and technical for Alves. Alves is good, but he is similar to the younger Matt Hughes. He is a huge WW and he is a great athlete, but not super technical. His only chance is to try and KO GSP with his boxing.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 05:41:25 PM »
After all the negative stuff BJ and his mom have been saying, I think GSP is going to come in looking to whip this guys ass.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 08:17:08 PM »
I can see this fight going either way. If it hits the ground I give the advantage to GSP, I think he is the better fighter on the ground. Now if it stays standing who wins this is the question.....

IF GSP is the aggresor I think he might end up in trouble, but I haven't seen enough of Thiago's counter striking to think that he can pull a chuck, but if GSP plays it cool and lets Thiago charge in I think he will make the kid make a mistake, but he has to be careful not to get caught.. Cause if that kid gets him, I don't think he will give GSP a second chance. He will be on him like stink on shit!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 10:44:51 PM »
GSP should just do a split in the corner after each round and let no one else in the ring...Just because he can

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 12:11:42 AM »
gsp,s ground game by itself isnt really that great, its good but not great. ive seen renzo brown belts catch gsp in subs afew different times, renzo himself tooled gsp on the ground like a child and we all know renzo,s best days are behind him. gsp was taking privates with renzos early morning teacher john danaher,john tapped out gsp so many times i lost count at one point.

dont get me wrong, in a mma match gsp would prolly beat mostly anyone at renzos including renzo himself, and im loyal to renzo so for me to say that it shows im telling the truth. the thing that makes gsp so dangerous is his takedowns and well roundeness, and his cardio is great as well as his will to win and passion in that cage. in a straight grappling match, vaseline excluded ;)

bj would beat gsp fairly easily, but mma is a whole different animal and well roundeness is the ticket. just my opinion and what i observed, gsp is the champ and should be respected as such till proven different, my hats off to him and since i wear hats all the time its easy to take my hat off for him anytime ;)
R

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »
I thnk alves has a decent shot here..  much more aggressive than bj, and don't forget what Serra did..  gsp's chin may be suspect.

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb here and give the fight to Alves by knock out.

Serra didn't hit GSP in the chin ::)

I think Thiago has a great shot and this will be a tough match, but I think GSP will get the take down and eventually control the fight...
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 12:44:18 PM »
Serra didn't hit GSP in the chin ::)

I think Thiago has a great shot and this will be a tough match, but I think GSP will get the take down and eventually control the fight...

So where did he hit him?   On the face..    maybe i should change it to "is GSP's face suspect"  Better?   ::) ::)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 12:47:31 PM »
I see GSP wearing Alves down with leg kicks and knees in close...

don't see Alves really posing much of a threat on the ground...

I give Alves a punchers chance early (rounds 1-2) but that's about it !

definitely an interesting match up though !

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »
So where did he hit him?   On the face..    maybe i should change it to "is GSP's face suspect"  Better?   ::) ::)

It was a one in a million punch straight to the temple, which would floor anyone.  GSP has shown he can get his eye poked, nose broken and get rocked several times and still come back and win (GSP/BJ 1). 
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »
It was a one in a million punch straight to the temple, which would floor anyone.  GSP has shown he can get his eye poked, nose broken and get rocked several times and still come back and win (GSP/BJ 1). 

Fine, maybe he's Temple suspect then..   happy? 

stop being overly analytical... jeez..

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »
Fine, maybe he's Temple suspect then..   happy? 

stop being overly analytical... jeez..

I wasn't trying to be.  There are those with glass jaws.  Arlovski comes to mind.  One soft tap and he's out.  I wouldn't put GSP in that category.  That's all...
w

BigMenace

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 10:13:40 AM »
After all the negative stuff BJ and his mom have been saying, I think GSP is going to come in looking to whip this guys ass.

BJ & his Mom......LMAO.  That was the funniest and most bizzare point in all of grease gate.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
I have a feeling GSP is going to walk all over this kid.

That's my first reaction

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 10:37:58 PM »
That's my first reaction

mine also, i hope thiago does well but somethings telling me gsp is going to beat him down in brutal fashion. most of the time your initial thought about how a fight will play out is usually the right thought, to be honest, i really dont see anyone beating gsp in that weight class anytime soon. unless gsp gets caught up in the nightlife scene and starts partying all the time and loses focus, but i just dont picture gsp that type of guy. ive spoken to gsp afew times and he lives,breathes and sleeps mma and that belt is everything to him, and he wont let anything that would interfere with his training get into his life like alchohol,drugs ect
R

toe2toe

• Getbig II
  • AIN'T FOUND A WAY TO KILL ME YET
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »
i agree gracie that gsp is too strict and on top of his game to get into any bs that would ruin his career.  he is going places and i have been wondering after looking at his build and brock lesnars if they test for steroids in UFC?  i want to say i heard they test u for narcotics but didn't know about the juice.  he isn't huge but he has certain characteristics that look like he uses something light.  just wondering tho

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 12:37:08 AM »
i agree gracie that gsp is too strict and on top of his game to get into any bs that would ruin his career.  he is going places and i have been wondering after looking at his build and brock lesnars if they test for steroids in UFC?  i want to say i heard they test u for narcotics but didn't know about the juice.  he isn't huge but he has certain characteristics that look like he uses something light.  just wondering tho

i heard from some reliable sources that gsp did in fact use steroids, yes they do test for steroids toe2toe, but if im not mistaken i thought it was just for the title fights and main events but i could be wrong. i think the state athletic commision also throws in some random testing to the non title fight fighters just to keep them from not using the banned substanstances
R

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 06:48:03 AM »
I beleive that every title fight and main event is tested and then they usually throw randoms. Same deal as boxing....

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 07:23:03 AM »
I beleive that every title fight and main event is tested and then they usually throw randoms. Same deal as boxing....

This is correct. I read that hey are also going to start random tests throughout the year as well. This is what all sports need to do. Similar to Olympic athletes. Testing can happen anywhere at anytime. They just show up at your front door if they want.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »
This is correct. I read that hey are also going to start random tests throughout the year as well. This is what all sports need to do. Similar to Olympic athletes. Testing can happen anywhere at anytime. They just show up at your front door if they want.

I thinnk that would be a great idea. They show up to a seminar you are teaching and tell you to piss... out at a club promotion they can ask you to piss.. Dudes like Diaz would be fucked..

I just wonder how many guys that fight are taking prescirbed meds without a prescription. I can only imagine how beat up you feel training 4 hours a day every day.  I am sure vicadins, norco's and others would show up more and more frequently. I also wonder if they would ever consider doing blood tests instead of urine?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 12:10:39 AM »
imho i think that we are gonna see more and more fighters looking worse and worse the more they test for opiate based drugs, the reason being is alot of these guys are so busted up from thier brutal training sessions that alot are going to have no choice but to train less frequently and less intense. i know alot of you guys train mma and grappling and might still be young yet and havent felt the pain and tenderness in your joints and ligaments, trust me guys, its the worst feeling in the world when your trying to spar and grapple. everthing you do you feel the pain radiate through your body and ive tried wrapping everything up on my body, i looked like a mummy sometimes walking out of the locker room to train,lol. im not trying to justify the opiate use for pain but alot of these guys feed thier families through fighting. if you stood to make 100 grand or more for a fight you could buy alot of food at the market with that and pay afew bills, most fighters ive talked to are pretty open about the pain issue and how they deal with it. unfortunately most use everything from advil to vikes and percs, im not saying fighters should use the pain meds but im also not saying they shouldnt use them either. they are big boys and know the pro,s and cons
R