Author Topic: Stallone shows off ripped physique in Brazil !  (Read 14023 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Stallone shows off ripped physique in Brazil !
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:22 PM »
I never said he was the first. I just said he was exceptional. Whether he's busy or not -- you don't get to where he is life by sitting on your ass. And you can think anything you want. You can criticise him all you want. Bottom line is: he is where he is and you are where you are. Everyone knows Stallone. He's made something of himself. He's made an impact. Nobody knows you. Stallone dies tomorrow it's front page news. You die tomorrow it's a foot note in some obscure local newspaper destined to be bird cage lining.

It's not worship, my jealous friend, it's recognizing and appreciating accomplishment.

Epic jealously and sour grapes in this thread.

Why don't you admit you're all over his balls and quite frankly, have a meltdown each and every time someone doesn't share your obsession with him? It's ok to be one of his groupies but your touchiness after having your illusions interrupted is silly kid.

And if i'm wrong, then STFU and allow reality to intrude on your fantasy once in a while, yours is not the last word on your hero.

Hope this helps. :-*

Bill Loguidice

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
I never said he was the first. I just said he was exceptional. Whether he's busy or not -- you don't get to where he is life by sitting on your ass. And you can think anything you want. You can criticise him all you want. Bottom line is: he is where he is and you are where you are. Everyone knows Stallone. He's made something of himself. He's made an impact. Nobody knows you. Stallone dies tomorrow it's front page news. You die tomorrow it's a foot note in some obscure local newspaper destined to be bird cage lining.

It's not worship, my jealous friend, it's recognizing and appreciating accomplishment.

He DOES have every possible advantage - time, money, resources, experience, etc. - but that doesn't change the fact that he still has to put the effort in and is motivated to keep at it after all these decades, which is a lot more than can be said for many, many others, even those with similar circumstances.  When you reach the top and have all the money in the world and everlasting fame and all that, it's very easy to take it easy.

I've personally been working out for 20+ years at this point and don't envision myself ever stopping (it's terribly important to me and helps define part of who I am) and I look to someone like a Stallone - who really doesn't have to keep at it as intensely as he does - as a like-minded individual.  For that, I have the utmost respect.

With all that said, I was terribly disappointed when he was busted for "drugs" as I truly hoped he was all natural, but that's more a personal bias/hope from my own beliefs than something I can particularly or specifically knock him for.  The guy has inspired me since I was a little kid and continues to do so (loved Rocky Balboa and Rambo and looking forward to this new one). He's one of those guys like an Arnold who is multi-dimensional and again relateable from my personal standpoint as I in turn always strive to improve myself in all ways and am terribly ambitious with what I strive for.  To me, that's the greatest way to live one's life along with just being a generally good person and putting your family first.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »

I agree ..Stallone is exceptional....even someone who doesn't like Stallone has got to admit that he took nothing (his body in Rocky I and his poor background) and made it into something incredible....maybe second only to Arnold in terms of where he came from and where he is now....I agree.....guys who are on here hating Stallone for pushing himself and showing incredible drive and will-power to succeed both physically and financially are showing epic sour grapes.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2009, 02:23:06 PM »
Why don't you admit you're all over his balls and quite frankly, have a meltdown each and every time someone doesn't share your obsession with him? It's ok to be one of his groupies but your touchiness after having your illusions interrupted is silly kid.

And if i'm wrong, then STFU and allow reality to intrude on your fantasy once in a while, yours is not the last word on your hero.

Hope this helps. :-*

It doesn't help. And disagreement is hardly a meltdown. I believe the emotion, evidence by your personal insults, is more evidence of meltdown.

Of course, mine is not the last word on anything. Present rational arguments. Telling someone to STFU displays your emotional frustration. I am free to say what I want. You can debate my argument or ignore it.

Though he is not my hero. And I can't say I'm a huge fan of his movies as I don't remember the last time I saw one of his flicks. I do admire him as a person and what he has accomplish. You're mad at me because I disagree with you and seem to have a problem that I like him.

Who is having the meltdown now, "kid"?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »
He DOES have every possible advantage - time, money, resources, experience, etc. - but that doesn't change the fact that he still has to put the effort in and is motivated to keep at it after all these decades, which is a lot more than can be said for many, many others, even those with similar circumstances.  When you reach the top and have all the money in the world and everlasting fame and all that, it's very easy to take it easy.

And there are others without all the huge advantages that also manage to look good. He and others with money have it as easy as possible.

I think he could be in even better shape to be honest. Could be better.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2009, 02:26:40 PM »
It doesn't help. And disagreement is hardly a meltdown. I believe the emotion, evidence by your personal insults, is more evidence of meltdown.

Of course, mine is not the last word on anything. Present rational arguments. Telling someone to STFU displays your emotional frustration. I am free to say what I want. You can debate my argument or ignore it.

Though he is not my hero. And I can't say I'm a huge fan of his movies as I don't remember the last time I saw one of his flicks. I do admire him as a person and what he has accomplish. You're mad at me because I disagree with you and seem to have a problem that I like him.

Who is having the meltdown now, "kid"?

As a groupie you're clearly giving this way too much thought. It's ok, your bubble's burst and your defensiveness gets to the point that you're now an emotional mess over your hero lol

Stallone has enormous advantages over most people when it comes to getting in shape, which of course are completely left out of the conversation. ;D

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2009, 02:30:58 PM »
My deep admiration to anyone older that can stay in great shape and be natural.  However, I find it no longer cheating or significantly less respectable when guys 40+ are using HRT to replace their hormones to youthful levels.  
It is incredibly hard to keep the weight off the abdomen for most people when they get older and being plagued with prolonged soreness, injuries and delayed healing is no fun.  HRT does help all these sx.  Some guys obviously take it too far but docs are much better about that these days.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2009, 02:47:05 PM »

I agree ..Stallone is exceptional....even someone who doesn't like Stallone has got to admit that he took nothing (his body in Rocky I and his poor background) and made it into something incredible....maybe second only to Arnold in terms of where he came from and where he is now....I agree.....guys who are on here hating Stallone for pushing himself and showing incredible drive and will-power to succeed both physically and financially are showing epic sour grapes.

And that's really what surprised me about this thread. He's not god, he's not Arnold. But he is indeed exceptional. The ones here critical of him, those who will never ever achieve a fraction what he's accomplish, is totally lost on me. Give the man his props. What more can he possibly do and achieve? He should serve as an inspiration. That's not ball hugging. It's inspiring a guy who thinks that he's getting too old and should just give up to say, "Hell look at Sly. Look at Chuck Norris. Those guys are still banging. Maybe I can do it to." If you asked me just ten years ago if a sixty year old could be doing stuff that Sly and Norris do I would have been doubtful. In fact, I never really considered it. I mean, we really have pushed the age barriers but I figured at 60 it's time to hang it up. It's not.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »
And there are others without all the huge advantages that also manage to look good. He and others with money have it as easy as possible.

I think he could be in even better shape to be honest. Could be better.

Could be better, if that was his top priority in life and all he wanted to do was have his life revolve around his looks and fitness. But then he wouldn't have achieved what he has acived. Of course, he could be worse -- which includes the vast majority. Even those with his advantages. But he created his advantages. He probably grew up with less advantages than you did (just going by the odds. If you grew up dirt poor my apologies). He grew up poor in a rough neigborhood. Didn't go to college. Lived hand to mouth for a long time.

We'll see what kind of shape you are in at 62.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2009, 02:54:04 PM »

As a groupie you're clearly giving this way too much thought. It's ok, your bubble's burst and your defensiveness gets to the point that you're now an emotional mess over your hero lol

Stallone has enormous advantages over most people when it comes to getting in shape, which of course are completely left out of the conversation. ;D

No arguments presented. Just personal insults, envy and sour grapes.

Kid.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »
I get a kick out of how some people presume that Stallone has all the time in the world, and does nothing else other than dedicate his time to his physique.  Although I'm sure Stallone is a bit less encumbered by some of the prototypical restraints that the average person may face, it is rather illogical to conclude that such a driven and successful person would not have a variety of other pursuits and obligations.  While he may have certain advantages that many of us would not, even with such advantages, the vast majority still could not emulate his physique, particularly at his age.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »
I get a kick out of how some people presume that Stallone has all the time in the world, and does nothing else other than dedicate his time to his physique.  Although I'm sure Stallone is a bit less encumbered by some of the prototypical restraints that the average person may face, it is rather illogical to conclude that such a driven and successful person would not have a variety of other pursuits and obligations.  While he may have certain advantages that many of us would not, even with such advantages, the vast majority still could not emulate his physique, particularly at his age.

You would think this would be blindingly obvious.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2009, 05:26:02 PM »
i just don't get why anyone would take shots at stallone.  the guy is almost 63 years old and in great shape, even with the drugs it takes a lot of hard work to look like that at his age.
he has made some of the great "guy" movies of all time and today he is still making good action movies at a time when the movie studios all seem to want to make the same bullshit movies targeted at 15 year olds
sly could be sitting on his ass on a yacht somewhere drinking expensive wine and eating cheese all day, fat as a pig, but he works hard and keeps putting out good movies. props and thanks to him for that

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
Neither could you. But guess what? He's not into greasing up and flexing in a thong. Majority of the people are not. He's into being fit and successful. To each his own, indeed.

I'd have to see what Stallone looks like without steroids to give him credit for all that training he's doing.  Six weeks off of juice and I'm betting he looks like the guy working at the post office.

Just sayin.....

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »

I'd have to see what Stallone looks like without steroids to give him credit for all that training he's doing.  Six weeks off of juice and I'm betting he looks like the guy working at the post office.

Just sayin.....

x2. Without the roids, without the stress-free life that retards aging, without the personal trainers and all the free time in the world, etc..

i just don't get why anyone would take shots at stallone.  the guy is almost 63 years old and in great shape, even with the drugs it takes a lot of hard work to look like that at his age.
he has made some of the great "guy" movies of all time
sly could be sitting on his ass on a yacht somewhere drinking expensive wine and eating cheese all day, fat as a pig, but he works hard and keeps putting out good movies. props and thanks to him for that

What's funny is that the ballwashers interpret anyone who is not on the same wavelength as being unfair, which is ludicrous defensiveness. Calm down, just because there are some ugly truths you can't bear doesn't make it terrible.

As far as putting out "good movies", he resorts to Rocky XIV because in actuality he's only had two huge hits, Rocky and Rambo, from decades ago. He keeps trying to prove he's better than two-hit wonder but can never disprove it. He's not terribly talented, bottom line.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2009, 09:28:10 PM »
is the man in the background the stuntman who was supposed to do the "dangerous" scenes ;D

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »
x2. Without the roids, without the stress-free life and retards aging, without the personal trainers and all the free time in the world, etc..

What's funny is that the ballwashers interpret anyone who is not on the same wavelength as being unfair, which is ludicrous defensiveness. Calm down, just because there are some ugly truths you can't bear doesn't make it terrible.

As far as putting out "good movies", he resorts to Rocky XIV because in actuality he's only had two huge hits, Rocky and Rambo, from decades ago. He keeps trying to prove he's better than two-hit wonder but can never disprove it. He's not terribly talented, bottom line.

Now you've forced me to resort to personal insults for you are truly an idiot. Knowing nothing about his personal life you assume it is stress free (disregarding the tremendous responsibilities he has and people who depend on him), thinking he has all the time in the world, denigrating his talent and movies despite him being one of the most successful men on this planet.

You can call people ball-huggers because they admire and are inspired by someone so accomplished while you, who is and will ever remain a big nothing in comparison, can only find fault and make excuses for why he is so successful and you are nothing.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. You don't have it tougher than anybody else. Certainly not the challenges Stallone has had to overcome.

You are a loser and a jealous cry baby.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2009, 10:51:28 PM »

all of these morons around here screaming *steroids are so dangerous*.. well here's a guy who's been on steroids for most of his adult life.

steroids and growth hormone.. when properly used.. will improve the quality of your life.

accept the fact.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2009, 11:19:44 PM »

all of these morons around here screaming *steroids are so dangerous*.. well here's a guy who's been on steroids for most of his adult life.

steroids and growth hormone.. when properly used.. will improve the quality of your life.

accept the fact.

Accept which fact? 

The fact that some men must attain health, strength and development from a drug?

Yeah, that's something to strive for.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2009, 11:26:46 PM »

Accept which fact? 

The fact that some men must attain health, strength and development from a drug?

Yeah, that's something to strive for.

News flash. The majority of the population over 40 is on some type of drug/medication. And that's so they can just stay alive. If someone wants to use something -- anything -- that improves the quality of their life and improve health and functional ability more power to them. If you don't believe in it great. But let people do what they want.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2009, 11:29:26 PM »

Accept which fact? 

I'll say it one more time.. for you.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »
Now you've forced me to resort to personal insults for you are truly an idiot. Knowing nothing about his personal life you assume it is stress free (disregarding the tremendous responsibilities he has and people who depend on him), thinking he has all the time in the world, denigrating his talent and movies despite him being one of the most successful men on this planet.

You can call people ball-huggers because they admire and are inspired by someone so accomplished while you, who is and will ever remain a big nothing in comparison, can only find fault and make excuses for why he is so successful and you are nothing.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. You don't have it tougher than anybody else. Certainly not the challenges Stallone has had to overcome.

You are a loser and a jealous cry baby.

Groupie meltdown. Essentially you've resorted to insults just because i don't worshp his balls like you do lol Not everyone cares about your hero the way you do. Deal

FYI since you're unaware..a large portion of the world could care less about this mental midget and physical lightweight, are not nearly as enchanted by his personality or physique the way you are. Even for his money i would not want to be him, whereas essentially you're head over heels in love. :-* :-* :-*

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2009, 12:40:30 AM »
I'll say it one more time.. for you.

Look bro, don't tell me.  Tell your endocrine system and your health insurance provider. 

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2009, 12:46:23 AM »
Look bro, don't tell me.  Tell your endocrine system and your health insurance provider. 

but heywood...

Accept which fact?

you're the one who asked.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2009, 12:48:53 AM »
anyone that hates on sly is a idiot.
the guy had zero acting talent, could not talk, yet was smart enough to find out what the world wanted to watch.
his film career has lasted longer then 30 years, and still making em.
Welcome to Hollywood, actors take cocaine, heroine, have std's, stallone take hgh, I'm ok with that.