Author Topic: How do eyebrows know to grow back?  (Read 1590 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
How do eyebrows know to grow back?
« on: April 09, 2009, 12:19:42 AM »
If you shave them, they start growing again and come back, but they must not constantly be growing or old people would have eyebrows that were atleast an inch + long.

How do they know to start growing though when they're shaved off, and to slow down/stop growing when they get to a certain length?  ???
S

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: How do eyebrows know to grow back?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:20:43 AM »
Oh brother, they constantly are growing, they just fall out at a certain length. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:21:44 AM »
Oh brother, they constantly are growing, they just fall out at a certain length. 

Getbig is quicker than Yahoo! Answers!
S

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:30:56 AM »
It is.  I started a thread about getbig being the best place for answers and advice on the General board, but it never really went anywhere. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:31:52 AM »
It is.  I started a thread about getbig being the best place for answers and advice on the General board, but it never really went anywhere. 

Come to think of it I remember that thread!

I think 240 mentioned the fact that people even ask for medical advice here before seeing a doctor.
S

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:32:44 AM »
Come to think of it I remember that thread!

I think 240 mentioned the fact that people even ask for medical advice here before seeing a doctor.
Yeah, getbig is a great substitue for seeing your physician. 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:40:55 AM »
My grandmother said when she was in highschool it was in fashion to shave them off, hers never grew back.
$

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 12:45:19 AM »
If you shave them, they start growing again and come back, but they must not constantly be growing or old people would have eyebrows that were atleast an inch + long.

They do.
Nice S.E.Asian Mrs how much $$$$$$ for "me wuv you lon time 'GI' $5"

PT  ???
Growth/noob loves me

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 12:47:44 AM »
My grandmother said when she was in highschool it was in fashion to shave them off, hers never grew back.

Your avatar makes me L O L  ;D
S

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 01:06:08 AM »
I always ask for medical advice on here. I hate going to the doctor

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 01:07:45 AM »
I always ask for medical advice on here. I hate going to the doctor

I hate going to the doctor also.  :-X

I mean seriously I hate going to the doctor, plus my doctor is one nosy bastard.  ;D
S

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 02:57:13 AM »
I hate going to the doctor also.  :-X

I mean seriously I hate going to the doctor, plus my doctor is one nosy bastard.  ;D

lmao

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 09:09:13 AM »
It's kinda like toes inward for inner calves, decline bench for lower pecs, and concentration curls for biceps peak.

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »
The same way your penis knew to STOP growing at 2inches.  ;D

FOR REAL

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 09:57:52 AM »

+1

There was a thread on GB about changing a tire once.
\

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 10:08:47 AM »
There are different programmed (genetically) growth cycles that hair throughout your body goes through.

For instance, the hair on your head can grow for a good 3-5 years before actually stopping and going through what is known as a follicular dormant stage.  Either which way, the hair on your head will not grow much longer than 4-5 feet if let to grow to that extreme. 

The hair on your body, limbs, chest, back etc.. has a much shorter growth cycle and is also not as sensitive to DHT (The by-product of testosterone) that limits and inadvertently causes hair loss from the scalp of those prone to hair loss.  Yet, unlike the hair on your head, the hair throughout your body, eyebrows included, has a very short growth cycle and thus will only grow to a limited extent before being shed. 

*Know that there are physical anomalies, many a times I've seen individuals who will sports a fucking nipple hair (1-strand) that will grow to lengths as long as 6 inches, while the surrounding nipple hair remains at a length of .5-1 inches.*

Be careful with what you do to your eyebrows though, traction alopecia (usually caused by plucking and clipping of hair with mechanical devices) can lead you to lose your eyebrow hair and that would suck..

"1"

ASJChaotic

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
There are different programmed (genetically) growth cycles that hair throughout your body goes through.

For instance, the hair on your head can grow for a good 3-5 years before actually stopping and going through what is known as a follicular dormant stage.  Either which way, the hair on your head will not grow much longer than 4-5 feet if let to grow to that extreme. 

The hair on your body, limbs, chest, back etc.. has a much shorter growth cycle and is also not as sensitive to DHT (The by-product of testosterone) that limits and inadvertently causes hair loss from the scalp of those prone to hair loss.  Yet, unlike the hair on your head, the hair throughout your body, eyebrows included, has a very short growth cycle and thus will only grow to a limited extent before being shed. 

*Know that there are physical anomalies, many a times I've seen individuals who will sports a fucking nipple hair (1-strand) that will grow to lengths as long as 6 inches, while the surrounding nipple hair remains at a length of .5-1 inches.*

Be careful with what you do to your eyebrows though, traction alopecia (usually caused by plucking and clipping of hair with mechanical devices) can lead you to lose your eyebrow hair and that would suck..

"1"

this thread reminds of those goth guys and chicks who shaved their eyebrows in high school  :-X

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »

It's true, Getbig saved a family of 4 from freezing to death!  Thanks sync pulse.

I've also saved money on Vet bills.  Thanks Vet and flower and others.

Political board always has breaking news as well.

More essential information!  Thanks OneMoreRep!
R

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 10:36:34 AM »
how do they know to grow back if they're plucked, including the root ???
tank u jesus

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 10:16:49 PM »
"insert Blokehead joke here"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »

Correct.  There are some bright ppl here, and most doctors aren't that bright don't research things like we do.

When i eff'd up my shoulder, my doctor first told me to take painkillers, and later tried to get me on prednisone and considering slicing me open.

getbig led me to something about active release massage therapy. i googled it, found out milos had an experience with it. I emailed him, he told me who to contact for local ART therapy, I did, and I got fixed.

thanks getbig.  when the shady local doc wanted to pay off his mortgage milking my insurance, you steered me in the right direction.