Author Topic: Shawn Michaels Question  (Read 2601 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Shawn Michaels Question
« on: April 09, 2009, 09:53:18 AM »
What would his legacy be if he had not come back in 2002? He started off as part of a great tag team but never officially won the belts. He moves on and has some great feuds for the IC belt with Razor, Janetty, Diesel and a few others then wins the belt from Bret and is the greatest wrestler in the world IMO from 96-98. Clearly he would be viewed as a legend, but since coming back he's put on 4 and 5 star matches consistently and has has some of the greatest matches of all time.

northernlights

• Getbig II
Re: Shawn Michaels Question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »
I think if he had not come back his legacy would not be as great as it will now be. Im my opinion he has had a lot more great matches since coming back than before he left.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:59:11 AM »
What would his legacy be if he had not come back in 2002? He started off as part of a great tag team but never officially won the belts. He moves on and has some great feuds for the IC belt with Razor, Janetty, Diesel and a few others then wins the belt from Bret and is the greatest wrestler in the world IMO from 96-98. Clearly he would be viewed as a legend, but since coming back he's put on 4 and 5 star matches consistently and has has some of the greatest matches of all time.
Actually Michaels and Janetty as the Rockers wont the tag titles off the hart foundation Bret hart & Jim Neidhart back in the early nineties at a house show but the top rope strand actually broke during the first fall of that match. It literally ruined the match and thus the title change was never recognized by the WWE. The next night the Hart foundation came out with the belts as if nothing happened.

Michael's is IMO is one of the best performers out there. Hands down. After a 4 year layoff he cam back at Summerslam in 2002 when he fought Triple HHH in a street fight. Sick bumps in that match.  :)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:48:29 AM »
Shawn’s a tremendous worker, and one of the rare ones who could make any opponent shine.
It is not possible to narrow his legacy down to one or even several matches or qualities.

Personally, I can see Michaels as a wrestler who will one day be used to “pass the torch” to an heir.
I believe that could very well be a part of his legacy.

Shawn is in that elite group of performers who will – or should – only lose a high profile match when the time is right and it “means” something.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 11:50:41 PM »
IMO, he was already a top 5 all time worker, before his comeback. His comeback has only cemented his position. I'd argue he may be the greatest worker EVER, at least in the US.
HAHA, RON.....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 04:38:52 AM »
The iron man match he had with Bret Hart that one WM was amazing.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 06:50:26 AM »
I disagree. I thought it was boring.

northernlights

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 07:25:31 AM »

This match is the most overrated match in the history of wrestling. It sucked. They wrestled for over an hour. Big deal.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 07:28:03 AM »
This match is the most overrated match in the history of wrestling. It sucked. They wrestled for over an hour. Big deal.
totally agree. Boring as hell. I think the Rock-HHH and Angle-Lesnar blow it out of the water.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 08:57:40 AM »

I don't think the fans can watch a match that long anymore.  It used to be common for guys to wrestle to a hour Broadway now it's boring.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 09:55:05 AM »
I don't think the fans can watch a match that long anymore.  It used to be common for guys to wrestle to a hour Broadway now it's boring.
I agree with that. That started with the "Attitude" era IMO. Run ins every 5 seconds and crazy title changes. I sound like Bret Hart ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 10:26:55 AM »
I agree with that. That started with the "Attitude" era IMO. Run ins every 5 seconds and crazy title changes. I sound like Bret Hart ;D

You, Bret, and Bruno should go drinking.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »
You, Bret, and Bruno should go drinking.
no way, too depressing ;D. I loved the Attitude era, it was great. The only things i didn't like were the constant title changes and how they basically ruined womens wrestling.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
Ya' know, most of the guys who bitch are the ones who never made it.

Bruno made a GREAT living!

Is he upset he didn’t make the salary of today’s guys?
Is he mad his kid never made it?

I can’t even discern from his interviews (non-promos) where his problem originates because all he does is piss & moan and badmouth McMahon the whole time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 01:14:21 PM »
no way, too depressing ;D. I loved the Attitude era, it was great. The only things i didn't like were the constant title changes and how they basically ruined womens wrestling.
Bullseye