Author Topic: Was Ronnie Coleman a pumper or a hit'er ?  (Read 3720 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Re: was ronnie a pumper or a hit'er ?
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 02:41:02 AM »

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 02:45:55 AM »
Ronnie was a man with muscles.........
No doubt about it...

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 03:45:57 AM »
Ronnie was a man with muscles.........

no doubt about it
175lbs by 31st July

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 08:45:38 AM »
i agree that ronie is still geting growth out of the other sets, but if you look at it from a hit view he is still building up to a maximum final set. ( and in 2 other movements per bodypart)

dorian used less warmup progressions, but still did a maximum final set ( and 2 other movements per bodypart) - maybe if he used more progressive sets like coleman he wouldn't have had so many injuries?

thoughts?

I do think the way Dorian trained contributed to his tears/injuries. Had he done more sets and gotten a bit more blood in the muscle or fatigued more fibers prior to that "one all out set" maybe he could have had less injuries. We'll never know.
I like to train and do however many sets I'm doing with the same weight. So if I can squat 275 for sets of 8 at my peak set, I'll make sure that set number 1 I'm doing 8 reps with. That way your body know it has to adapt to that weight/rep scheme because it's always doing X amount of pounds. The first is more challenging than starting at 225 for 8, and the final set is a bit harder than it would be had you started with a lighter weight too. I'll move up on weight in the later sets if it becomes too easy.
Maybe it's hard to explain, but I'm in a hurry.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 09:15:41 AM »
I do think the way Dorian trained contributed to his tears/injuries. Had he done more sets and gotten a bit more blood in the muscle or fatigued more fibers prior to that "one all out set" maybe he could have had less injuries. We'll never know.
I like to train and do however many sets I'm doing with the same weight. So if I can squat 275 for sets of 8 at my peak set, I'll make sure that set number 1 I'm doing 8 reps with. That way your body know it has to adapt to that weight/rep scheme because it's always doing X amount of pounds. The first is more challenging than starting at 225 for 8, and the final set is a bit harder than it would be had you started with a lighter weight too. I'll move up on weight in the later sets if it becomes too easy.
Maybe it's hard to explain, but I'm in a hurry.

i do the same thing, i only increase the weight when i reach 8 reps in all sets.  8)

it works well.
175lbs by 31st July