Author Topic: PBW - Episode #150 with RONNIE COLEMAN (Listen Now)  (Read 12019 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW - Episode #150 with RONNIE COLEMAN (Listen Now)
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:05:01 AM »
PBW - Episode #150 with Ronnie Coleman (Replay Now Available!)

Plus: Preview of this weekends IFBB Europa Show of Champions with promoter Ed Pariso

This week, on a special 150th edition of bodybuilding talk radio, PBW welcomes back 8-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman.  Nearly 2 years after receiving a farewell standing ovation at the '07 Olympia, "Big Ron" discusses his legacy, his future, and his motivation to return to the stage.  -  This weeks show also previews the IFBB's upcoming tour stop in Orlando at the new Europa Show of Champions with contest promoter Ed Pariso.  Presented by MuscleTech, bodybuilding talk radio airs LIVE on Mondays at 8pm ET.     

Visit PBW's New Broadcast Home:  www.ProBodybuildingDaily.com - (Replays available on-demand courtesy of Bodybuilding.com)   

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine. Additional sponsors include Xenadrine RFA-X, The Muscle Asylum Project, MuscleTime.com, Six Star Muscle Fuel and BodySpace!

PBW: The Official radio show of the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic and the 2009 Olympia Weekend! (www.MrOlympia.com)

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
Re: PBW - Episode #150 - Special Guest: Ronnie Coleman (Monday)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 08:05:42 AM »
Questions for Ronnie. "Do you think you can beat Jay, Phil, Dexter, Victor, Kai or Wolf?"  "Why come back if you might finish 10th?"

I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »
I know he's past his prime, yada yada...

But imagine how it would be the story of the year, and maybe the decade, if Ronnie came back after 3 years of not winning, and just destroyed everyone with the size and conditioning he used to have?

Ask Ronnie to predict the top 6 at the 2009 Mr Olympia.  Don't let him escape with "everybody will do their best and we'll see where the chips fall".  Let's get him to deliver a Joe Namath style of guarantee.

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »
I know he's past his prime, yada yada...

But imagine how it would be the story of the year, and maybe the decade, if Ronnie came back after 3 years of not winning, and just destroyed everyone with the size and conditioning he used to have?

Ask Ronnie to predict the top 6 at the 2009 Mr Olympia.  Don't let him escape with "everybody will do their best and we'll see where the chips fall".  Let's get him to deliver a Joe Namath style of guarantee.

The only top guy Ronnie can still beat is D. Wolf and MAYBE Victor. Does Coleman need the money?  Otherwise I don't get it.   :-\
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Will Ronnie Coleman announce is comeback on PBW?
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »

That is the rumor.... that Ronnie Coleman, since the cancellation of the Berlin contest, will announce his comeback, and compete against everyone.

But is that a smart thing to do?

physicsgeek

• Getbig II
Re: Will Ronnie Coleman announce is comeback on PBW?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 09:46:47 AM »
Ronnie would only do it if he thinks he will place well. He isn't stupid.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »
He may be able to come back and win....Jay is done and Dexter is very small compared to him.......and the judges love a good comeback story

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 04:27:02 PM »

He isn't stupid???the guy's vocabulary consists of about twelve different words.dude's a Moron.thats why he's so strong.He has retard strength.
DAWG

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 04:28:19 PM »
He isn't stupid???the guy's vocabulary consists of about twelve different words.dude's a Moron.thats why he's so strong.He has retard strength.

lol

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »

That is not necessarily true, by all accounts Ronnie is one of the more popular and marketable BB characters around. From a marketing stand point this is a gold mine. Win or lose he would some good money. Relatively speaking Ronnie is a young man and I sure that he would like to earn as much possible while he still can. Screw the legacy crap, money comes first.
I

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
That is not necessarily true, by all accounts Ronnie is one of the more popular and marketable BB characters around. From a marketing stand point this is a gold mine. Win or lose he would some good money. Relatively speaking Ronnie is a young man and I sure that he would like to earn as much possible while he still can. Screw the legacy crap, money comes first.

Exactly. He will make money from just competing, nevermind winning or placing. Ok, he may lose some dignity, but it's worth the money  :P

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 04:38:30 PM »
Sergio Oliva returned past his prime and noone seems to care anymore

the only Mr. Olympia who competed way too long was Sammir Bannout

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 09:05:21 PM »

The only top guy Ronnie can still beat is D. Wolf and MAYBE Victor. Does Coleman need the money?  Otherwise I don't get it.   :-\

money matters much more than legacy in recent years.

And while the prize $ might not be all that great, he'll sure make a killing with his BSN contract, guest posings, etc.  There's a lot greater excitement and demand as a former Mr O entering the show, compared with "a guy who retired 3 years ago"

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 09:25:29 AM »
Ronnie has said multiple times that he doesn't see it as "tarnishing his legacy"

Other people may see it like that, but Ronnie doesn't see his legacy as precious

He loves to compete,

let him do what he loves/

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 12:47:28 PM »
He'll be dead by 50.so let him live out his last years doing as he wants.
DAWG

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »
i hope Ronnie got the lat fixed b/c without it the outcome will be the same or worse. Every one of his Olympia wins except 2004 (distention issues) can beat everybody on stage.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »
Thanks to David Robinson!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=275266.0

Now we won't have to suffer through Bob giving Ronnie advices on why he shouldn't compete.

Enjoy your dish...

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 06:19:32 PM »
He may be able to come back and win....Jay is done and Dexter is very small compared to him.......and the judges love a good comeback story
How can you say    Jay is done  when he only lost to Dex  who showed up in an unbeatable condition he can never duplicate or better?   With his freakish size back along with diarrhea induced diuretics   JAY CUTLER WILL BE MR O AGAIN!!!!!!
((-::

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 08:21:42 AM »
How can you say    Jay is done  when he only lost to Dex  who showed up in an unbeatable condition he can never duplicate or better?   With his freakish size back along with diarrhea induced diuretics   JAY CUTLER WILL BE MR O AGAIN!!!!!!

Maybe it’s a bit premature to write off Jay, but it isn't looking good.  He was completely off in 2007 and in my opinion any version of Cutler from 2001-2006 would have still beat Dexter in 2008.  If he doesn’t show improvement this year it might be over for him.

Stark

• Getbig V
Dude
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 09:41:50 AM »

the interview was good but you don't need to start every qustion by complimenting Ronnie and how great he is and how big and muscular ::)

regmac

• Getbig V
Re: PBW - Episode #150 with RONNIE COLEMAN (Listen Now)
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »
Mark my word  Jay will be the first Mr. O to regain his title after losing it.  295 lbs   and more ripped than Munzer, Charles, and Janvier!!!!!!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »
Jay always looks ripped weeks before in pics...it's when he actually shows up that theres a problem

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 09:22:38 PM »
Jay always looks ripped weeks before in pics...it's when he actually shows up that theres a problem
There wasn't a "problem" on '06.   He had diarrhea  but after that, he cleaned house.  He DOES need to cut down on guest posing  (unlike most ifbber's  he tries to stay in decent shape yr round to not upset promoters and fans) but that's how they get paid.