Author Topic: Do supplements work or are they bull?  (Read 37764 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Do supplements work or are they bull?
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:45:55 AM »
How many getbiggers wasted money on supplements. i spent a fortune on them when i was younger before i realised it was all bullshit.  >:(
T

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Supplements
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 07:47:27 AM »
anyone try animal stak? ;D
DAWG

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 07:48:30 AM »
yes we all did when we were young and dumb

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »
How many getbiggers wasted money on supplements. i spent a fortune on them when i was younger before i realised it was all bullshit.  >:(

Today's over the counter supplements represent the most advanced biochemistry science has to offer.  You can get ultra-anabolic results with zero damage to liver, kidneys, brain, etc.

What I have personally accomplished with supplements is astonishing.

Hot Stuff comes to mind.
(

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 07:51:15 AM »
like alot of people, i got sucked into all the false and fraudulent advertising when i was young.  now the only supplement i use is food.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 07:52:16 AM »
Today's over the counter supplements represent the most advanced biochemistry science has to offer.  You can get ultra-anabolic results with zero damage to liver, kidneys, brain, etc.

What I have personally accomplished with supplements is astonishing.

Hot Stuff comes to mind.

oh brother  ::)
T

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 07:53:11 AM »
WTF are you talking about.  Plazmosis = excellent return on investment.
\

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 07:57:31 AM »
The only supplements that make any real difference to body composition are injectible testosterone and human growth hormone.  You can't buy these at GNC or on bodybuilding.com, and if you're under 35 you won't get a doctor to write you a 'script.  Therefore, you can either buy in the black market and have no real fuccking clue what it is you're shooting into your body, or realize that bodybuilding is for fags, and just focus on basic health and fitness.

I recommend the latter.
Ron: "I am lazy."

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 07:58:47 AM »
I have always used Protein powder and go on and off on Creatine. Apart from those two, I don't really take anything else, at least regularly - I'll buy a 1 month supply of fish oil or multivitamins and take 3 - 5 months to finish them cause of the irregularity. I wouldn't go outright and say all supplements are crap, but a lot of them do over-promise and under-deliver big time.

Protien powder's basic constituent is the Whey protein that gets separated from milk during cheese production, so there is no question that it works and is a legitimately good thing to take. What supplements have you tried, Bigmc?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 08:05:09 AM »
I have always used Protein powder and go on and off on Creatine. Apart from those two, I don't really take anything else, at least regularly - I'll buy a 1 month supply of fish oil or multivitamins and take 3 - 5 months to finish them cause of the irregularity. I wouldn't go outright and say all supplements are crap, but a lot of them do over-promise and under-deliver big time.

Protien powder's basic constituent is the Whey protein that gets separated from milk during cheese production, so there is no question that it works and is a legitimately good thing to take. What supplements have you tried, Bigmc?

everything mate.

creatine gives me the shits

protein powders make me fart so bad my wife passes out

all the supplements with the guys in the labs and pro bodybuilders in the ads

now i just buy good quality steak, chicken etc. much better
T

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 08:53:39 AM »

I spent a bunch of money on the old weider weight gain powders.  Those big tubs.  The only thing I gained was gas  :'(
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 08:57:51 AM »
like alot of people, i got sucked into all the false and fraudulent advertising when i was young.  now the only supplement i use is food.

food isn't a supplement.hope this helps.
DAWG

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 09:02:45 AM »
The only supplements that make any real difference to body composition are injectible testosterone and human growth hormone.  You can't buy these at GNC or on bodybuilding.com, and if you're under 35 you won't get a doctor to write you a 'script.  Therefore, you can either buy in the black market and have no real fuccking clue what it is you're shooting into your body, or realize that bodybuilding is for fags, and just focus on basic health and fitness.

I recommend the latter.

you can esily get human grade and gh on black market today perfectly fine and dosed right,,,if you have no money on you you can always buy ip which in 100% cases is underdosed to the 10th degree but if you inject it every day or 2 youll get the dose needed at the end only waste same money you watse for human grade along the way for underground crap ,,the other ug are not to be used period,,

the rest of what you say is true ,,

the only reason a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder is TESTOSTERONE DIANABOL AND SINCE THE EARLY 90S HGH on regular basis

and what i mean by that is:

NO BODYBUILDER WOULD EVER WIN A SERIOUS COMPETITION AS IN REGIONAL OR STATE ITH OUT THE CONSTANT USE OF TESTOSTERONE DIANABOL AND GH NOW DAYS AND I MEAN NO ONE! ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!

THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS GENETICS ,,GUYS WITH GOOD GENETICS WALKING AROUND AT 160 POUNDS AT 7% AT 5'9 AND FAR FAR FAR FROM THICK,,THATS! GOOD GENETICS

gh15 approved
fallen angel

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 09:04:28 AM »
you can esily get human grade and gh on black market today perfectly fine and dosed right,,,if you have no money on you you can always buy ip which in 100% cases is underdosed to the 10th degree but if you inject it every day or 2 youll get the dose needed at the end only waste same money you watse for human grade along the way for underground crap ,,the other ug are not to be used period,,

the rest of what you say is true ,,

the only reason a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder is TESTOSTERONE DIANABOL AND SINCE THE EARLY 90S HGH on regular basis

and what i mean by that is:

NO BODYBUILDER WOULD EVER WIN A SERIOUS COMPETITION AS IN REGIONAL OR STATE ITH OUT THE CONSTANT USE OF TESTOSTERONE DIANABOL AND GH NOW DAYS AND I MEAN NO ONE! ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!

THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS GENETICS ,,GUYS WITH GOOD GENETICS WALKING AROUND AT 160 POUNDS AT 7% AT 5'9 AND FAR FAR FAR FROM THICK,,THATS! GOOD GENETICS

gh15 approved

how much gh would you have to take to make a difference

T

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 09:06:10 AM »
I think protein shakes are useful, especially if you don't have the time/job that allows you to eat throughout the day, anytime you want.  They are called "supplements" for a reason.  I wouldn't recommend trying to live off them....

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 09:48:01 AM »
how much gh would you have to take to make a difference

with real gh pharma level

220 15% go to 225 10% in less than 8 weeks on 4 units a day

220 15% go to 225 7% in 3-4 months on 4 units a day

no aas needed

add aas and you will be 15 lb thicker

add insulin and t3 with the aas and you get to pro level 250-260 at single digit at 5'10

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Do supplements work or are they bull?
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 10:06:31 AM »

Considering that most veteran bodybuilders use supplements, and most people who are in shape use supplements, your statement is embarassing.

Some supplements do not work, that is true, but many do.  For people on the go, protein shakes, powders, various supplements work.   

Using something that sounds strange, looks strange and has not been tested might not work for everyone, especially one who things they can take a supplement, and lose weight or get in shape right away.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »
I use supps but i sometime think that they are placebo.

In my opinion, not 100% sure, but it doesnt work that much. :-\

Always law food or semi law food are better.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 10:22:23 AM »
Considering that most veteran bodybuilders use supplements, and most people who are in shape use supplements, your statement is embarassing.

Some supplements do not work, that is true, but many do.  For people on the go, protein shakes, powders, various supplements work.   

Using something that sounds strange, looks strange and has not been tested might not work for everyone, especially one who things they can take a supplement, and lose weight or get in shape right away.

Protein powder (or a protein/carb blend) as a convenient meal replacement is fine, but it's really just another food.  Asking if protein powder "works" is kind of like asking if steak "works".

Many health-promoting supplements, like fish oil, antioxidants, and several others have value for health or disease-prevention, but are totally worthless for body-composition changes.

Ephedrine/caffeine was effective as a weight-loss aid (mostly because it suppresses appetite), but most "fat burner" supplements sold today do not contain ephedrine.

Creatine causes water retention and adds water weight to the scale, but has little to do with real body composition changes and muscle to fat ratio.

Everything else out there is pure unadulterated snake oil.

"Veteran bodybuilders" use supplements because they are paid to by their supplement-selling sponsors.

So, I stand by my original statement:  The only "supplements" that produce any measurable changes in body composition are injectable testosterone and human growth hormone.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 10:26:42 AM »

Protein powder (or a protein/carb blend) as a convenient meal replacement is fine, but it's really just another food.  Asking if protein powder "works" is kind of like asking if steak "works".

Many health-promoting supplements, like fish oil, antioxidants, and several others have value for health or disease-prevention, but are totally worthless for body-composition changes.
Ephedrine/caffeine was effective as a weight-loss aid (mostly because it suppresses appetite), but most "fat burner" supplements sold today do not contain ephedrine.

Creatine causes water retention and adds water weight to the scale, but has little to do with real body composition changes and muscle to fat ratio.

"Veteran bodybuilders" use supplements because they are paid to by their supplement-selling sponsors.

So, I stand by my original statement:  The only "supplements" that produce any measurable changes in body composition are injectable testosterone and human growth hormone.

Great post  ,Goatboy.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »

excellent post

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »

Some supplements do not work, that is true, but many do.   

Ron ,can you give us a list  of supplements that don't work  , thank you.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 10:38:53 AM »

Great post, Goatboy! The supplement industry is such a scam, for the most part.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »
Ron ,can you give us a list  of supplements that don't work  , thank you.

Maybe a list that do would be quicker.

That being said, I'm a bad sleeper but have found that ZMA "helps" me sleep better.  Might be all in my head but £15 a month is worth sleeping 5 or 6 hours a night rather than the usual 3 or 4.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 10:47:38 AM »

Most veteran bodybuilders don't use supplements at all.  The only time an IFBB pro uses/consumes a supplement (Besides Protein powder) is when, as Goatboy mentioned, their sponsors tell them it's part of their contract to do so in the open public or while taking part in videos of interviews (i.e. SEE SPONSORED ATHLETE KEEPING A CONTAINER OF PROTEIN AND CREATINE NEXT TO THE MICROWAVE OR FRIDGE).

Most people in shape also don't care much about supplements sold over the counter.  BELIEVE IT OR NOT, you can get an AMAZING physique with just (A) Proper Diet (B) Proper protein intake (C) Taking a daily multivitamin (D) Workouts consisting of cardiovascular exercises along with weight lifting and (E) Proper Rest.

That's it folks, nothing more to it.  There is no secret to this shit and it's sad that supplement companies keep selling these kids garbage that 95% of the time doesn't work, but 100% of the time does give the liver and kidneys a large amount of work to do by way of metabolizing and excreting the junk.

For those of you who are young and wide-eyed, stay away from supplements..
"1"