Author Topic: UFC 100 Already Sold Out  (Read 626 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
UFC 100 Already Sold Out
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »
From a press release in my inbox:

Las Vegas NV (USA) Las Vegas, NV (USA); Tickets for UFC® 100 are SOLD OUT. The historic UFC 100 event, with three blockbuster fights already confirmed, receives a massive response from UFC® Fight Club™ and Newsletter members, creating a sellout in record time.

The Saturday, July 11 event, live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center, will be shown on pay-per-view in the U.S. on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network and TVN, and in Canada on BellTV, Shaw Communications and Viewer’s Choice Canada. Suggested retail price is $44.95 for standard definition or high-definition broadcasts (where available).

"I started hearing about UFC 100 around UFC 90. I am blown away by how excited fans were for this event. So I made sure to stack this card with the greatest fights and greatest fighters in the world, and keep ticket prices consistent with our other big events. Once again, our fans responded with a record sellout. This is another great milestone for the UFC, and July 11 is going to be an amazing event."

After an epic turnout from the April 9 Internet presale for UFC Fight Club fans, the majority of the seats were sold by 3pm ET, with the official sellout taking place today during the UFC Newsletter presale. The tickets prices were: $1,000, $750, $500, $300, $200 and $100.

The numeric value alone made this a pivot point for our sport. So, there's not much to add here, but it is worth reminding ourselves early of what is already making out to be a landmark event. This will present itself as another opportunity for the mainstream to strain a little harder when they look at us, so it is our responsibility to carry ourselves professionally and promote what excellence in MMA looks like.

UPDATE: Readers pointed out Ticketmaster is still selling tickets to the event and they're right.  Stay tuned.

UPDATE II: BloodyElbow.com writer Michael Rome adds some context:

Within the sports industry a “sell out” means no set of 2 seats together. I’m sure there are plenty of singles.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: UFC 100 Already Sold Out
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:15:38 PM »
im glad you posted that cause as soon as the august ufc tix come out im ordering right away, i dont want to miss that event. im planning on calling my boy ufc ref dan marigliotta and see if he can get me tix, every year i go to his house for a barbecue, but thats usually in august and im not going to wait till the last minute for the tix so ill call him tommorrow afternoon.

his backyard is awesome, huge pool with a giant trampoline and he usually brings out his huge grappling mats in the yard. once we all start getting a few beers in us alot of us will start rolling around having a blast,lol, his 2 sons are about 13 and 12 now and thier some tough dudes. i remember them when they where just born, alot of people dont know this but dan is a damn tough guy, he was ready to go to japan for the pride fighting event in 98 but his wife got really sick and had to be hospitilized in serious condition, dans wife was in a coma and he stayed with his wife in the hospital instead of going to pride which imo was the right thing to do. plus how could you focus on fighting when your wife is in a coma in the hospital? i know i couldnt fight at my full mental capability if my wife was in that condition.

dan got on the card from renzo pulling afew strings with the pride promotors and they saw some of dans tapes and liked him, dan and renzo are close friends since the mid 90,s when dan trained under renzo in bjj. the barbecues are cool, tuf fighter dante rivera is always there as well as alot of other fighters who are awesome, renzo shows up every other barbecue or so and he is a natural comedian, he will have you laughing your ass off especially when he has afew beers
R