Author Topic: Porter Cotrel vs. Aaron Baker at Mr. O. 1994!!..  (Read 2327 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Porter Cotrel vs. Aaron Baker at Mr. O. 1994!!..
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:17:29 AM »
porter cotrel: 5th place..
aron baker: 12th place..

aron didn’t have the chance to even be compared with porter during the pre-judging!!..

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Porter Cotrel vs. Aaron Baker at Mr. O. 1994!!..
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:19:27 AM »
the IFBB didn't like the WBF traitors.

politics all over that contest. from who won it right on down.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »
the IFBB didn't like the WBF traitors.

politics all over that contest. from who won it right on down.. ::)

I agree. Nasser got a huge gift.  :)

That having been said, I remember Aaron having a slightly strange structure. Looked great in some poses, in others not so much.

Porter Cottrell was the Weider golden boy, a respectable firefighter and Levrone's training partner. He got a lot of press which did help his placings. Still, he didn't really have any weak points either from what I remember.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »
I agree. Nasser got a huge gift.  :)

That having been said, I remember Aaron having a slightly strange structure. Looked great in some poses, in others not so much.

Porter Cotrell was the Weider golden boy, a respectable firefighter and Levrone's training partner. He got a lot of press which did help his placings. Still, he didn't really have any weak points either from what I remember.

his triceps was very flat and the rest of him was very average..

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 10:05:24 AM »
his triceps was very flat and the rest of him was very average..

He won his first ever pro show beating guys like Kevin Levrone (3rd), Milos Sarcev (5th), Bob Paris (10th), Ronnie Coleman (11th) and Nasser el Solbaty (19th).

He had a good total package, not really any specific great bodyparts. Maybe that's where the average perception comes from.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
Porter looked good, but had tiny arms (for a pro).  He did recognize this and kept his physique in check unlike some pro's (kamali) who continue to get bigger, leaving their ams way behind. 

Perhaps Kamali was hoping the contests would be judged in his kitchen?
\

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 10:18:29 AM »
As Hulkster said, WBF traitors got the shaft. Even though they paid a fine to get their pro cards back.

Cottrel really had a bland physique. Won the NOC, didnt he? All over the mags too, real poster boy.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 11:00:15 AM »
WBF traitors

Why call them traitors?  They were never employed by the IFBB, indeed they had to pay to compete in the IFBB so why would you call them traitors? 

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 11:03:39 AM »
As Hulkster said, WBF traitors got the shaft. Even though they paid a fine to get their pro cards back.

Cottrel really had a bland physique. Won the NOC, didnt he? All over the mags too, real poster boy.

Porter wasn't a "big" guy and he had no freaky bodyparts, but he always came in very dry and conditioned, not to mention he had a rep of being a great poser, which IMO he wasn't. That's why he placed higher than guys like Aaron, who always came in a bit too heavy or was holding water. That being said, Porter and Chris Cormier both got gifts in the 94 Olympia while Aaron Baker and Roland Cziurlok got the shaft.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:45 AM »
Porter wasn't a "big" guy and he had no freaky bodyparts, but he always came in very dry and conditioned, not to mention he had a rep of being a great poser, which IMO he wasn't. That's why he placed higher than guys like Aaron, who always came in a bit too heavy or was holding water. That being said, Porter and Chris Cormier both got gifts in the 94 Olympia while Aaron Baker and Roland Cziurlok got the shaft.

yep