Author Topic: The Truth Behind the Muscle - the Nasser El Sonbaty book  (Read 10660 times)

the_swami

• Getbig IV
The Truth Behind the Muscle - the Nasser El Sonbaty book
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:34:15 PM »
look out people............. Nasser's book is on its way and i have a feeling the BB world will never be the same again! From the synopsis, it is sounding like an EXTREMELY interesting read

http://www.hugenasser.com/nasser/the-book/

I cannot wait to read it!!

For 16 years the world’s largest professional bodybuilder - Nasser El Sonbaty - trained to beat the world’s best, and succeeded many times. With over 300 pounds of sliced and diced muscle on his symmetrical physique, Nasser dominated the bodybuilding world in his own remarkable style. Now his story has been told. Is his just another ‘bodybuilding book?’ Far from it! As with the life he has led and the body he has built, Nasser’s story is simply in a class of its own and does not hold back. As bodybuilding’s most outspoken athlete, Nasser has always told it how he has seen it: his defiance and forthrightness has won him many admirers, but also caused much controversy. For the very first time, the industry in which he competed is placed under the microscope and none of its main players are safe.

Traditionally a business that keeps a tight reign on its secrets, with what happens behind the scenes and on the stage usually staying there, professional bodybuilding’s unsavory aspects are often suppressed. Those days are well and truly over. Being as close to the action as anyone, Nasser has spent much of his life observing the oftentimes-corrupt nature of a sport he devoted his every waking moment to and the sordid nature of an industry that, at its very heart, holds many dark secrets. A full-disclosure account of the professional bodybuilding industry served with cutting wit and remarkable insight, “The Truth Behind the Muscle: The Nasser El Sonbaty Story” is the first book of its kind to explicitly and definitively detail the struggle a top line bodybuilder faces in his quest for competitive success. The drugs that are used to attain the professional bodybuilding physique (including Steroids, Growth Hormone, Insulin and Diuretics) will not be glanced over: every aspect of the bodybuilding drug culture (both performance enhancing and recreational) is fully documented and explicitly detailed.

Along with the never-before-read insights it contains, “The Truth Behind the Muscle” also provides the complete recipe for how to achieve - with cutting edge training and nutritional information - physical perfection naturally. At once a revelatory “tell all” on the bodybuilding industry and “how to” manual on gaining phenomenal strength and muscle size, this book will, with each turn of the page, shock, inform and educate. It is destined to become a classic.

What anabolic drug stacks do professional bodybuilders really use?
How do pro bodybuilders survive the cutthroat world of pro bodybuilding?
‘Roid rage’: myth or reality?
What level of corruptness exists at pro bodybuilding’s highest levels?
How can one make the most of their genetics to become a bodybuilding champion?
What are the secrets to bodybuilding success?
What health problems do pro bodybuilders face and how are these addressed?
Just what are bodybuilding’s major athletes really like?

Purge_WTF

Re: The Truth Behind the Muscle - the Nasser El Sonbaty book
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:12:24 AM »
  I suspect that a large part of it will be dovoted to airing dirty laundry and blaming other for his problems. Most past-their-primers like him wind up rather bitter. Flex Wheeler, for instance.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:19:41 AM »
  I suspect that a large part of it will be dovoted to airing dirty laundry and blaming other for his problems. Most past-their-primers like him wind up rather bitter. Flex Wheeler, for instance.

Now that is the TRUTH.
Well said

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:23 AM »
Reveal what secrets?  That bodybuilding is corrupt, full of drugs and has a massive homosexual following....Oh yeah, those secrets.

io856

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 01:27:33 AM »
I CANNOT WAIT FOR NASSER'S BOOK

The man has incredible wit, an unrelenting pursuit and dissemination of truth coupled with intelligence and movie star good looks. Should be a great read.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 01:30:13 AM »
Maybe he should tell the truth behind the underwear "sales" or the recruiting of schmoe teams on the boards.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 01:34:45 AM »
It is a tell all book, so he 'will' be addressing the wife beating, synthol use and how he lied and backstabbed his way through the sport.

A bitter loser who now wants to make money from a drug sport that helped pay for his drug abuse...f#cktard!!!

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 01:37:20 AM »
It is a tell all book, so he 'will' be addressing the wife beating, synthol use and how he lied and backstabbed his way through the sport.

A bitter loser who now wants to make money from a drug sport that helped pay for his drug abuse...f#cktard!!!

No. I'm sure he'll cover up his own sins and play the innocent victim of the IFBB. Even the wife beating charge was avoided until Kenny exposed it. Nasser was furious while bigbobs tried to downplay it as usual.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 01:45:20 AM »
When Nasser unleashes a full blown marketing campaign for this rag of a book, i can guarantee he will be spammed with angry Nasser haters demanding he address the wife-beating and the oil-in-the-delts claims...amongst other notable omissions!!!!

This book is going to destroy Nasser !

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 02:35:31 AM »
These "men" have no shame.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 02:36:44 AM »
How many copies will BigBobs own?  :D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 02:39:17 AM »
How many copies will BigBobs own?  :D

"bigblowjobs", will have a couple.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 02:40:09 AM »
I CANNOT WAIT FOR NASSER'S BOOK

The man has incredible wit, an unrelenting pursuit and dissemination of truth coupled with intelligence and movie star good looks. Should be a great read.
QFUT

8)

potentially the greatest book ever in bodybuilding  8)
175lbs by 31st July

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 02:40:36 AM »
How can a bag of oil write a book?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 02:43:31 AM »

back off , its easter >:(
175lbs by 31st July

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 02:44:53 AM »

We wait for ebook downloads compliment of piratenbay!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 02:45:15 AM »

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 02:46:22 AM »
We wait for ebook downloads compliment of piratenbay!

The source of all that is good and free

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 02:48:51 AM »
I don't care much for Nasser, but I think I'll take a look at this book.  ;D
S

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 02:52:28 AM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 03:15:52 AM »
Reveal what secrets?  That bodybuilding is corrupt, full of drugs and has a massive homosexual following....Oh yeah, those secrets.

Exactly. I'm sure Nasser knows his share of secrets and all, but this whole "I'm going to expose the sordid truth about all the shady stuff that goes on in the disgraceful industry that is bodybuilding now that I'm retired from the same, after being part of it for years" shtick has been done quite a few times before, by bodybuilders ranging from Bob Paris to Philip Goglia.

Oh, and Nasser, try not to bash all of it too much, cause it means you are simply shooting yourself in the foot, given bodybuilding was the defining point of your life and made you who you are today.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 03:18:15 AM »

lolol  ;D

who is that with Nasser?
No doubt about it...

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 05:13:59 AM »
nice!
w

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 05:17:01 AM »
Exactly. I'm sure Nasser knows his share of secrets and all, but this whole "I'm going to expose the sordid truth about all the shady stuff that goes on in the disgraceful industry that is bodybuilding now that I'm retired from the same, after being part of it for years" shtick has been done quite a few times before, by bodybuilders ranging from Bob Paris to Philip Goglia.

Oh, and Nasser, try not to bash all of it too much, cause it means you are simply shooting yourself in the foot, given bodybuilding was the defining point of your life and made you who you are today.

Reminds me of Pricilla Presley rocking up to a press conference and saying she won't be talking about Elvis

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 06:27:28 AM »