Author Topic: Feinstein: Not The Time For Gun Control  (Read 497 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Feinstein: Not The Time For Gun Control
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »
Source: CBS Broadcasting Inc.

The California senator who authored the nation's now-lapsed 1994 ban on assault weapons says she will hold off trying to renew that ban.

Dianne Feinstein (D.-Calif.) tells 60 Minutes correspondent Lesley Stahl that the political timing isn't right and she will move to renew the ban at a future time of her own choosing. Feinstein appears in Stahl's report on the increase in gun sales taking place in America to be broadcast this Sunday, April 12, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Asked by Stahl if trying to renew the assault weapons ban would start a culture war and pose a distraction for an already overburdened Obama Administration, Feinstein replies, "I agree with you." "So you are going to hold off?" asks Stahl. "That's correct. I'll pick the time and the place, no question about it," Feinstein tells Stahl.

But even if she pursued the renewal, the votes may not be there today in either the Senate or the House. Both Houses of Congress gained pro-gun Democrats this past election, some of whom won the support of the National Rifle Association. "I am not going to disagree with that at all," says Feinstein. "The National Rifle Association essentially has a stranglehold on the Congress."

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Feinstein: Not The Time For Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 05:21:59 AM »
I watched 60 minutes last night.  There were some asinine statements made about guns and gun shows last night. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Feinstein: Not The Time For Gun Control
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 05:42:38 AM »
I watched 60 minutes last night.  There were some asinine statements made about guns and gun shows last night. 

i dont even watch that nonsense.