Author Topic: Parris Island South Carolina US Marines DI's  (Read 5106 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
Parris Island South Carolina US Marines DI's
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:00:27 AM »
Just thinking back on my little brother's US Marine bootcamp graduation in Paris Island, South Carolina...some of the Drill Instructors were really jacked! Icould tell that most were just plain ol genetic freaks! According to my bro, they worked out a lot too. Anyone ever been there? Appreciation and respect to ALL military folks and their families.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Paris Island DI's
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:07:10 AM »
yup...

i had 4 DI's in bootcamp on parris island. one was portly, one was about 5'6" and lean, one was skinny (5'9" 160lbs) and one was absolutely huge!!! BIG black guy, coke bottle glasses, and ripped. he was scary as hell.....and those big eyes behind those thick ass glasses were funny as shit. not funny at the time of course because we were all terrified.....but in hind sight 17 years later.....it was some funny stuff

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
Every aspect of being a USMC DI is extreme. Makes sense they'd be jacked up
$

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »
Every aspect of being a USMC DI is extreme. Makes sense they'd be jacked up
I was there in 84' we had 3 drill instructors lean and strong my senior drill instructor
if you saw him in street clothes one would call him a geek but he was in crazy good shape he would climb ropes hands only.
p

Silverback Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »
yup...

i had 4 DI's in bootcamp on parris island. one was portly, one was about 5'6" and lean, one was skinny (5'9" 160lbs) and one was absolutely huge!!! BIG black guy, coke bottle glasses, and ripped. he was scary as hell.....and those big eyes behind those thick ass glasses were funny as shit. not funny at the time of course because we were all terrified.....but in hind sight 17 years later.....it was some funny stuff
Man, bootcamp was funny as hell, I swear my drill had could be a comedian!  Plt 3104 India Company.
I'm goin' in...

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:23:08 AM »
Man, bootcamp was funny as hell, I swear my drill had could be a comedian!  Plt 3104 India Company.
i was 3016 3rd battalion   1st and 2nd weren't shit they sent all the nuts to 3rd battalion
p

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 10:26:18 AM »
i was 3016 3rd battalion   1st and 2nd weren't shit they sent all the nuts to 3rd battalion

Is it just a rumor or did they really use your head as a battering ram? ;D

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 10:47:28 AM »

dan's forehead could be used in siege warfare.
$

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »

hahahahahahaa

I hear dan is making ends meet in these tough economic times by leasing his head out as an icebreaker in Norway

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:31 PM »
in was in the marines after high school
boot camp-dirty delta!
boot camp was hell for me-i was unprepared

when we were at the airport and had to sign in the sign in marine accused me of being on drugs cuz my eyes were bugging-called me a trick...and threw my drivers license across the room after he looked at it

at paris island i made the mistake of not moving out of the way when a DI walked at me-he slammed me into a wall

one morning when it was about to be wake up time and the DIs were walking through the barracks i made the mistake of sitting up in bed...this crazy DI went running at my bunk from across the room, jumped onto the top bunk where i was and screamed at me to lay down

then when we were doing body inspections before bed and we had to stand on line in towels then lift the towel and spin around so the DIs could check if u had any injuries i was nervous and held my towel against my lower body and he grabbed the towel from me and said im gonna be here a long time :o

then 1 time at chow i picked up a brownie w/ my hands which i guess was frowned u[pon and this huge DI popped up out of nowhere and threw my brownie across the room!

there were some big big scary marines at paris island :o
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 04:33:03 PM »

w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »
w

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
in was in the marines after high school
boot camp-dirty delta!
boot camp was hell for me-i was unprepared

when we were at the airport and had to sign in the sign in marine accused me of being on drugs cuz my eyes were bugging-called me a trick...and threw my drivers license across the room after he looked at it

at paris island i made the mistake of not moving out of the way when a DI walked at me-he slammed me into a wall

one morning when it was about to be wake up time and the DIs were walking through the barracks i made the mistake of sitting up in bed...this crazy DI went running at my bunk from across the room, jumped onto the top bunk where i was and screamed at me to lay down

then when we were doing body inspections before bed and we had to stand on line in towels then lift the towel and spin around so the DIs could check if u had any injuries i was nervous and held my towel against my lower body and he grabbed the towel from me and said im gonna be here a long time :o

then 1 time at chow i picked up a brownie w/ my hands which i guess was frowned u[pon and this huge DI popped up out of nowhere and threw my brownie across the room!

there were some big big scary marines at paris island :o
imo you stuck out for some reason.MAybe you never learned?
A

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
imo you stuck out for some reason.MAybe you never learned?
what do u mean?
w

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 04:47:53 PM »
what do u mean?
They pick on certain people. My friend is a marine, he says don't do any stupid. And blend in. He never got picked on, or make an example of.
A

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
They pick on certain people. My friend is a marine, he says don't do any stupid. And blend in. He never got picked on, or make an example of.
ooo lol well i did the opposite-i was dumb back then-i was only like 19...i did everything except blend in ::) :o
w

Jizzacked

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 04:51:36 PM »
when we were at the airport and had to sign in the sign in marine accused me of being on drugs cuz my eyes were bugging-called me a trick...

"trick"  ;D funniest thing I've read all day

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
ooo lol well i did the opposite-i was dumb back then-i was only like 19...i did everything except blend in ::) :o
nothing change ;)  :D :D

j/k
A

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 05:06:05 PM »
nothing change ;)  :D :D

j/k
:D

"trick"  ;D funniest thing I've read all day
i tjhink thats what he said ;D
w

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
Just thinking back on my little brother's US Marine bootcamp graduation in Paris Island, South Carolina...some of the Drill Instructors were really jacked! Icould tell that most were just plain ol genetic freaks! According to my bro, they worked out a lot too. Anyone ever been there? Appreciation and respect to ALL military folks and their families.

8)

just not good enough

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »

haha, I thought that the thread was about Paradise Island in the Bahamas..I was going to post my pics from my last trip there.
I

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 05:43:23 PM »
My dad went through MCRD San Diego in 1967, he has some pretty crazy stories. And one has to remember that all the legal bullshit and such wasn't around back then.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 05:57:48 PM »
8)

this is just plain stupid.

theres no wya i could go through that. i would either remain calm and tel them to fuck off as i packed my bags and left, or i would lose my temper and punch those mother fuckers

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »
this is just plain stupid.

theres no wya i could go through that. i would either remain calm and tel them to fuck off as i packed my bags and left, or i would lose my temper and punch those mother fuckers

either way....youll be in the brig. once you sign the contract....you belong to the Corps. quickest way off Parris Island is to graduate in 13 weeks (or however long it is now)

I know 100's of tough guys...they all say the same thing as you did. oddly enough, none of them had the balls to try

youre there to learn, their way.....not the way mommy and daddy did it your first 18 years. youre there to be broken down and built back up the way the Marine Corps wants you...as a team player with the discipline needed for war. simple as that

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »
either way....youll be in the brig. once you sign the contract....you belong to the Corps. quickest way off Parris Island is to graduate in 13 weeks (or however long it is now)

I know 100's of tough guys...they all say the same thing as you did. oddly enough, none of them had the balls to try

youre there to learn, their way.....not the way mommy and daddy did it your first 18 years. youre there to be broken down and built back up the way the Marine Corps wants you...as a team player with the discipline needed for war. simple as that

fuck that