Author Topic: Went to watch a Tea Party today and got in a fight!  (Read 3761 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Went to watch a Tea Party today and got in a fight!
« on: April 15, 2009, 12:17:18 PM »
My workout partner told me there was a tea party thing today so out of curiosity I went w/her.  There was a "petition" going around on a clip board which had nothing more than the date on the top of the paper w/lines for signatures. 

A guy tried to get me to sign it and I asked what it was for.  He said he wasn't sure.  We told him we don't like to sign our names to something when we don't know what we are signing, said no thanks, and turned around.   He started yelling.  We ignored him.   Later I made a joke about it to someone else and he started yelling at me.  I said, "Congress signed w/o reading." 

Man he was mad!  Having no sense of humor must suck.
R

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Went to watch a Tea Party today and got in a fight!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:26:38 PM »
Going to a Teabagging party with no agenda or purpose must REALLY suck.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »
This tea thing doesn't seem to have any sort of unified purpose.

Seems to be they don't like Obama.  That is why they are there.  I mean, poor college kids protesting Obama taking money from rich people and giving it to pell grants... Kid, you're upset?  Really?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »
My workout partner told me there was a tea party thing today so out of curiosity I went w/her.  There was a "petition" going around on a clip board which had nothing more than the date on the top of the paper w/lines for signatures. 

A guy tried to get me to sign it and I asked what it was for.  He said he wasn't sure.  We told him we don't like to sign our names to something when we don't know what we are signing, said no thanks, and turned around.   He started yelling.  We ignored him.   Later I made a joke about it to someone else and he started yelling at me.  I said, "Congress signed w/o reading." 

Man he was mad!  Having no sense of humor must suck.
probably the IRS collecting names so they can audit everyone who attended.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »

This tea thing doesn't seem to have any sort of unified purpose.

Seems to be they don't like Obama.  That is why they are there.  I mean, poor college kids protesting Obama taking money from rich people and giving it to pell grants... Kid, you're upset?  Really?

I asked my friend what the purpose of the party was and she said it was to make Obama aware that many people don't agree w/his policies. 

A couple people yelled out something neg. re: Obama and the speaker said this isn't a bash Obama rally.  It seemed to be more of a pro-America, pro-Capitalism, and anti-spending type thing. 

R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 12:39:58 PM »

haha!
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 12:42:44 PM »

I asked my friend what the purpose of the party was and she said it was to make Obama aware that many people don't agree w/his policies. 

A couple people yelled out something neg. re: Obama and the speaker said this isn't a bash Obama rally.  It seemed to be more of a pro-America, pro-Capitalism, and anti-spending type thing. 

thats exactly right

LOL

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 12:45:12 PM »

Oh thats interesting. I had no clue Capitalism was under threat at all.  Why was there no teabagging going on during President Bush, or Reagan or the other Bush?  ???  Why are they rejecting spending when the majority goes to the military and then sing the praises of the military?  I am confused.  ???

Did the attendees realize that they are getting a tax cut, the largest middle class tax cut in history?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 12:54:13 PM »
Oh thats interesting. I had no clue Capitalism was under threat at all.  

Are you being facetious?

Why was there no teabagging going on during President Bush, or Reagan or the other Bush?  ???  

I have no idea.  Should there have been?

Why are they rejecting spending when the majority goes to the military and then sing the praises of the military?  I am confused.  ???

The protestors weren't upset about military spending, they were upset about the bailouts and stimulus bill.

Did the attendees realize that they are getting a tax cut, the largest middle class tax cut in history?

Not sure, I only talked to a few people and no one mentioned that.
R

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »
Again,no one raises an eyebrow when the left marches.The media praises it.What the hell were those idots doing protesting the WTO?They dont even know what the WTO stands for.All they know is they want to protest.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 01:01:43 PM »
Oh thats interesting. I had no clue Capitalism was under threat at all.  Why was there no teabagging going on during President Bush, or Reagan or the other Bush?  ???  Why are they rejecting spending when the majority goes to the military and then sing the praises of the military?  I am confused.  ???

actually tea parties have been going on for ages now i think this year with the situation the way it is they are just getting more attention.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »
Are you being facetious?

I have no idea.  Should there have been?

The protestors weren't upset about military spending, they were upset about the bailouts and stimulus bill.

Not sure, I only talked to a few people and no one mentioned that.
:-\
Sounds like they don`t know why they are really there either.  Oh well.  What a waste of tea.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 01:03:21 PM »
actually tea parties have been going on for ages now i think this year with the situation the way it is they are just getting more attention.
Link me to a Reagan TeaBagging party or a Bush or a Nixon Teabagger please.  I want to read about it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 01:23:57 PM »
Link me to a Reagan TeaBagging party or a Bush or a Nixon Teabagger please.  I want to read about it.
simply look up annual tax tea party or some variation of that, also T.A. what you fail to understand is that no matter what the taxes will get raised on the middle class to pay for this maybe not now, but sooner or later probably sooner the taxes of the middle class will get raised to pay for this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
simply look up annual tax tea party or some variation of that, also T.A. what you fail to understand is that no matter what the taxes will get raised on the middle class to pay for this maybe not now, but sooner or later probably sooner the taxes of the middle class will get raised to pay for this.

Cap & Trade taxes will dwarf any tax credits people get right now.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »
dont worry most ppl that are barry supporters just want another phrase to chant.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »
The author of the study that you Republicans like to quote is pissed off that you are misrepresenting and LYING about cap and trade.  Seriously, you can`t just lie and hope what you say magically becomes true.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »
MIT Scientist: Republicans Misusing My Climate Change Paper

By Brian Beutler - April 2, 2009, 10:53AM
I just got off the phone with John Reilly--the M.I.T. scientist whose study of the costs of cap-and-trade legislation has been badly abused by House Republicans--and he gave me a complete rundown of his unfortunate involvement in climate change politics.

Here's a brief timeline of events:

April, 2007: Reilly and several coauthors release a paper titled "Assessment of U.S. Cap-and-Trade Proposals, which estimates early annual revenues from such legislation would run $366 billion
Sometime between April, 2007 and March, 2009: House Republicans get a hold of his paper, divide $366 billion by the number of households in America, and conclude, erroneously, that the quotient ($3,128) will be the average cost per home.

March, 2009: Republicans begin using this number in press releases, citing Reilly's study
Shortly thereafter: The Obama administration gets in touch with Dr. Reilly and asks him to explain his study and the number--he corrects the record.

A week or so ago: Independently, a woman who says she's with the House Republicans calls Reilly--aware of the number, she invites him to come testify against cap and trade legislation. Reilly informs her that her number is probably wrong, and that he supports cap and trade legislation.
A couple days ago: A group contacts Reilly to inform him that a large number of press releases were being issued, still trumpeting the false cost.

That brings us to yesterday. Now, Reilly can't say for certain that word ever went out from the woman who called him to party leaders letting them know they'd gotten the math badly wrong. It's possible, according to Reilly, that "she didn't find the speaker she wanted so she went about her work." At the same time, he adds, "they could certainly have called us at any time and checked their facts." But, of course, they didn't.

So Reilly isn't taking any more chances. Yesterday he sent letters to Rep. Ed Markey--author, along with Henry Waxman, of House climate change legislation--and House Minority Leader John Boehner explaining the error and seeking to "clear up any misunderstanding created by this press release and to avoid further confusion." The question is, will House Republicans correct the record or, at the very least, stop citing the number from this point forward. We'll put the question to them and keep an eye on their public statements, press releases, and other documents.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 01:36:56 PM »
You already posted this lie. 

The only thing being argued about is the size of the tax increase/  Even Obama himself said electric rats will skyrocket. 

In German they experienced a 25% increase in costs because of this nonsense.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 01:41:18 PM »
You already posted this lie. 

The only thing being argued about is the size of the tax increase/  Even Obama himself said electric rats will skyrocket. 

In German they experienced a 25% increase in costs because of this nonsense.
So you admit you are repeating a lie?  Do you think the MIT professor who authored the study, is lying when he says the Republicans are misrepresenting and lying about his study in which they quote their made up figure?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
So you admit you are repeating a lie?  Do you think the MIT professor who authored the study, is lying when he says the Republicans are misrepresenting and lying about his study in which they quote their made up figure?

The fact is that cap and trade represents a tax on middle and lower class people. 

Do me a favor:

Go argue with Warren Buffet who even says this is a regressive tax.  He supported Obama and thinks this is terrible idea.  Watch it for yourself. 

http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/09/buffett-cap-and-trade-is-a-regressive-tax/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 02:00:36 PM »
The fact is that cap and trade represents a tax on middle and lower class people. 

Do me a favor:

Go argue with Warren Buffet who even says this is a regressive tax.  He supported Obama and thinks this is terrible idea.  Watch it for yourself. 

http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/09/buffett-cap-and-trade-is-a-regressive-tax/

I read that article and a lot of things jumped out at me.  First you are totally jumping the gun here.  Let`s take a look.

Mr. Buffett, the chief executive of the conglomerate holding company Berkshire Hathaway, also said that the “tax is probably going to be pretty regressive,” and that public utility commissions in various states would determine “what customers it gets passed through to.”

While cap-and-trade legislation has not been enacted in the United States, as Mr. Buffett noted, projected revenues from the system are built into President Obama’s budget, which was unveiled last month.

Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, was asked about Mr. Buffett’s remarks in his press briefing today.

Mr. Gibbs responded:

In terms of cap-and-trade, the President and the administration look forward to working with Congress to put a solution together — a market-based solution that will drive us to energy independence and create a market for — an even more robust market for alternative fuels and, as I said, the steps that we need to become energy-independent.

This is a process that rewards the innovation of the market, a principle that many previously have espoused.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »

Nah, it was probably a petition to bring Red Rose tea into the USA.
It's only available in Canada ya know?  ... {sigh} Pity.  ;)

w

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 02:44:26 PM »

:D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 02:47:37 PM »
:D
I come up with a gem or two once in a while :D