Author Topic: Hypoglycemia - has anyone experienced it?  (Read 2467 times)

dodger

• Getbig III
Hypoglycemia - has anyone experienced it?
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »
Was wandering ,anyone on here know what or have experienced hypoglycemia and how do you keep it under control. Do you have to eat certain foods, like always, this is for my brother, doc told him he was experiening hypoglycemia like symptons. thanx for your suggestions

lloydie9

• Getbig II
Re: Hypoglycemia - has anyone experienced it?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »
Yes im a diabetic. Just tell ya Bro to always keep some jelly beans close to him at all times. If not normal soft drink also helps. There the most fast acting food i can think of which will help straight away.
Light weight baby!!!!

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:51:03 PM »
tell your bro after consuming a simple sugar to raise his sugar levels to consume some slower digesting carbs like oatmeal

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »
a good idea to cure hypoglycemia....its its naturally ocurign hypoglycemia...    is to cut out the starch/carbs.....  increase your proteins and fats... 

the keto diet/zero carb diet was used for diabetes before insulin came around..

people with blood sugar issues should stay away from sugar(carbs)...my opinion

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 11:13:17 PM »
hey thanks folks,i appreciate the feedback

he tells me and ive witnessed it,,he seems to get a lot worse at nite times,like weird feelings of being high like and weird vision like foggyness.
the thing is he doesnt eat a lot of sweets,but does eat carbs like spaghetti and he drinks milk,but he does eat greens...apparently this hypoglycemia is saposed to be low blood sugar...he just doesnt know what to eat and when,i mean if hes having those symptons,,should he be consuming sugar or more protein and fats?His doctor i think told him to be taking protein bars and frequently.But if hes shaking internally and having it bad at nite,,should he consuming sugar like pop or the protein?? I find this blood sugar problems very tricky.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
high protein intake stabilizes blood sugar. carbohydrate intake makes blood sugar bounce up and down.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 11:17:19 PM »
tell your bro after consuming a simple sugar to raise his sugar levels to consume some slower digesting carbs like oatmeal
"The beta glucan in oats slows the rise of blood sugar levels after the meal. When beta glucan breaks down it forms a gel. This gel increases viscosity in the contents of the stomach and small intestine. This slows the digestion and prolongs absorption of carbs into the bloodstream. Thus preventing sudden rise in your blood sugar levels."

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
Was wandering ,anyone on here know what or have experienced hypoglycemia and how do you keep it under control. Do you have to eat certain foods, like always, this is for my brother, doc told him he was experiening hypoglycemia like symptons. thanx for your suggestions

Honestly...a bbing diet seems to work great for me. I.E., eating every 2-4 hours, whether it be a shake, or an actual meal. Also, Tbombz got some good suggestions.
HAHA, RON.....

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »

Sure, when I went on a 1300 cal diet to slim down for a running competition. You piss all the time, you get dizzy and sick and your mind gets all unfocused. You may have cold sweat also.

CD

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 11:58:08 PM »
Sure, when I went on a 1300 cal diet to slim down for a running competition. You piss all the time, you get dizzy and sick and your mind gets all unfocused. You may have cold sweat also.

CD

thats not healthy  :-\

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 12:03:25 AM »
thats not healthy  :-\

Sure, never doing that again. Went down from about 200 pounds to about 145 pounds. Max benchpress went from about 130 kg to 80 kg  :(.

I did well at the running comp though.

CD

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 10:46:40 AM »
When I did insulin I got hypo bad twice,once in the car,I had to stop at a shop,and much sugary snacks and a sore belly (from said sugary snacks) I was on my merry way
You feel cold facially but you sweat,you cant concentrate and agree with everything and get lightheaded

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »

You feel cold facially but you sweat,you cant concentrate and agree with everything and get lightheaded

Sounds like a good date... ;D

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 10:54:36 AM »
Haha yes,date a diabetic

dustin

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
a good idea to cure hypoglycemia....its its naturally ocurign hypoglycemia...    is to cut out the starch/carbs.....  increase your proteins and fats... 

the keto diet/zero carb diet was used for diabetes before insulin came around..

people with blood sugar issues should stay away from sugar(carbs)...my opinion

Insulin was discovered in 1921 up here in Canada... there were many people running keto/carb less diets before that time? I've never heard of that.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 07:18:06 PM »
A hypo episode is painful in way that's hard to describe. Worst episodes I've had haven't been due to insulin use, just a huge amount of fast carbs and then no food for several hours.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »
Insulin was discovered in 1921 up here in Canada... there were many people running keto/carb less diets before that time? I've never heard of that.
yeah, theve been around for a long time. i remember that it was first used for epilepsy patients back in like 1905 or somehting close to that

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 07:37:20 PM »

CD

Was it a keto diet?  If there were sufficient carbs, even at that calorie level, it shouldn't produce those symptoms.
Ron: "I am lazy."

dustin

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »
I've been extremely hypo to the point of almost passing out in my car. I had to munch the fuck out of some hard candy my GF left in my vehicle while I waited on some take out (pho - Vietnamese soup from my buddy's restaurant). I stopped at a gas station, munched two chocolate bars, stopped at one right by my house and mowed another, threw the soup on the stove and prepped that shit as fast as I could and started munching once it was done.

Worst episode ever! Wasn't even due to insulin usage or anything. Just a shitty day of eating/meal preparation. Tested my BSL and it was so fucked up :-X

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »
Worst episode ever! Wasn't even due to insulin usage or anything. Just a shitty day of eating/meal preparation. Tested my BSL and it was so fucked up :-X

Were you on steroids and if so which ones?

dustin

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 09:31:19 PM »
Been off for a while unfortunately!! I was off then as well. I don't go hypo like I used to anymore, even when my diet is all over the place. That one episode was fucking horrible though!!!!!!!!!!

I was clean for a good while before that. No supplements, no stims, no juice, no drugs recreational or prescription, didn't smoke pot that day, had a normal workout... was very strange. I've been using a BSL for almost two years mainly because I'm obsessive-compulsive, plus I'm very in tune with my body. But that one time caught me completely off guard.

Speaking of insulin, I knocked back 10iu of humalog today out of curiosity. Just getting over a cold and used a bit to fill up, felt pretty okay. Monitored BSL and it stayed pretty consistent. I cannot wait to get on cycle and hit up a little bit of slin while I cut. This stuff is really phenomenal. Not very useful while off however...

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 10:45:59 PM »
wow,thats pretty crazy stuff,,great info hou,,what is BSL thou,you mean like a blood glucose moniter,,my friend Carl from superhumandradio says he uses one of those everyday,always checking his numbers in blood

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 10:55:55 PM »
dodger, did the doc suggest or do any types of tests or did he just diagnose your brother based on his description of the symptoms? Do the symptoms immediately go away as he eats something sugary?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 11:19:42 PM »
Ive been "out cold" due to hypoglycemia..had to be brought around with glucagon injection..
Not a nice feeling when you come around and afterwards I felt awful.

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 11:42:43 AM »
dodger, did the doc suggest or do any types of tests or did he just diagnose your brother based on his description of the symptoms? Do the symptoms immediately go away as he eats something sugary?
Hi Van,,no he actually did the blood tests and then the sugar drink and then more blood tests,but doctor just said hes showing signs of it..Yes its weird ,apparently sometimes he does feel a little better when he eats a chocolate bar or sweet orange juice,but sometimes it doesnt happen,,,,he has this weird internal shaking somewheres in the back area and then at nite his eyes get weird like feeling of stoned type of feeling and then his neck gets tensed up..his doc said thats usually hypoglycemia..Shit i dont know?Some say its his adrenals not working properly.Terrible whatever it is.