Author Topic: Hahaha, scumbags beware...  (Read 1503 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Hahaha, scumbags beware...
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
The three Navy SEAL snipers who killed the pirates off the coast of Somalia last weekend were lucky the buccaneers were gullible enough to allow their lifeboat to be towed farther out to sea by the U.S.S. Bainbridge. The shortened towline turned what could have been a trio of difficult shots across hundreds of yards of ocean into relatively easy 30-yd. pops. It's a safe bet future pirates won't be so naive. But the Pentagon is drawing up a project to make it easier to hit targets at much longer distances: a super-sniper rifle called the EXACTO, short for EXtreme ACcuracy Tasked Ordnance.

The highly-classified EXACTO program began a year ago, when the U.S. military's band of scientists and engineers at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) — which played a key role in the creation of both the Internet and GPS — let the military-industrial complex know it was seeking a supergun. "The ability to more accurately prosecute targets at significantly longer range would provide a dramatic new capability to the U.S. military," DARPA'S solicitation for bids said. "The use of an actively controlled bullet will make it possible to counter environmental effects such as crosswinds and air density, and prosecute both stationary and moving targets while enhancing shooter covertness." (See pictures of dramatic pirate-hostage rescues.)

The new .50 caliber gun and improved scope could employ "fire and forget" technologies including "fin-stabilized projectiles, spin-stabilized projectiles, internal and/or external aero-actuation control methods, projectile guidance technologies, tamper proofing, small stable power supplies, and advanced sighting, optical resolution and clarity technologies." In other words, bullets that, once fired at a specific target, fly themselves into it by changing shape. The new gun should be no heavier than the combined 46-lb. weight of the current $11,500 M107 sniper rifle and all its associated gear (including ammo, tripod, scope and slide rules for target calculations). (See pictures of the brazen pirates of Somalia.)

In November, DARPA awarded Lockheed Martin $12.3 million and Teledyne Scientific & Imaging $9.5 million to begin work on the new weapon. If various technical hurdles are cleared, it could be available sometime around 2015.

DARPA says the Pentagon needs the vastly improved rifle because the use of snipers has ballooned from 250 to 800 annually. The sharpshooters require extensive and expensive training — all of which could be reduced with a better gun. Snipers "are unable to take a shot the vast majority of the time" because of wind or other weather factors, and a lack of confidence in their ability to hit the target or flee if detected. Those shortcomings could be greatly reduced by the new longer-range rifle. How much longer range? "Specific system performance objectives (e.g., range, accuracy and target speed) are classified," the solicitation said. (See pictures of America's gun culture.)

Army Captain Keith Bell, former commander of the Army sniper school at Fort Benning, Ga., can't wait to get his hands on the new rifle. "The EXACTO would be revolutionary," he says. "It will more than double our range and probably more than double our accuracy." Current sniper rifles can regularly hit trucks at 2,000 meters, but not bad guys. (The record kill is 2,430 meters, just over 1.5 miles. It was charted by Canadian army corporal Rob Furlong against a Taliban fighter in Afghanistan's Shah-i-kot valley during Operation Anaconda in March 2002 — but his first two shots missed.) "There's no limit as far as I can see so long as the bullet's stable — I think 2,000 or 2,500 meters is very attainable," Bell says.

"Right now, anything past around 800 meters is an extremely tough shot," he added during a satellite telephone interview from Mosul, Iraq. "But this EXACTO will take the effects of wind, elevation and humidity all out of play." Bell spends his days training Iraqis as snipers and for other elements of the martial arts. Did he hear about what the Navy snipers did on Sunday? "Sure did," he said. "I'm jealous as hell."

Can't wait for the first rogue nation leader to die from one of these shots! 1.5 miles away. Won't see shit coming!!!

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1891348,00.html?cnn=yes

This article reminded me of a funny thing, too. DARPA had a massive hand in creating the internet. A US organization. Samson hates everything about the US, yet here he is firing away 12 hours a day on said internet. Pretty hypocritical, eh Samchavez?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Hahaha, scumbags beware...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
 (The record kill is 2,430 meters, just over 1.5 miles. It was charted by Canadian army corporal Rob Furlong against a Taliban fighter in Afghanistan's Shah-i-kot valley during Operation Anaconda in March 2002 — but his first two shots missed.)

Figures.  We Americans would have just phoned back the coordinates and put a JDAM in that ass.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:10:16 PM »
(The record kill is 2,430 meters, just over 1.5 miles. It was charted by Canadian army corporal Rob Furlong against a Taliban fighter in Afghanistan's Shah-i-kot valley during Operation Anaconda in March 2002 — but his first two shots missed.)

Figures.  We Americans would have just phoned back the coordinates and put a JDAM in that ass.

Impressive, but that number will fall with this new rifle.

Regardless, must be something incredibly satisfying about killing a guy from 1.5 miles away. Just standing there minding your own business and *boom* bullet in the chest/head/whatever. Hahahaha!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »
Impressive, but that number will fall with this new rifle.

Regardless, must be something incredibly satisfying about killing a guy from 1.5 miles away. Just standing there minding your own business and *boom* bullet in the chest/head/whatever. Hahahaha!!!!

Now that is truly sick!!!  >:(
How could any sane person get any sort of pleasure or satisfaction from killing a guy from 1.5 miles away?
Only a coward gets satisfaction from killing a guy 1.5 miles away who is just standing there minding his own business
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »
even though it was only from 30 yards or so, I wouldn't call the shots "relatively easy"  That's taking some credit away.  Not sure how much the boat was rocking but that could be a pretty hard shot depending and to get three head shots.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:55:37 PM »

holy sheizer

1.5 mile kill?

vid or it didnt happen

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »
Now that is truly sick!!!  >:(
How could any sane person get any sort of pleasure or satisfaction from killing a guy from 1.5 miles away?
Only a coward gets satisfaction from killing a guy 1.5 miles away who is just standing there minding his own business
what century are you from?  In case you didn't notice it's been a long long time since all of the killing in war was done face to face.  Kind of funny being upset that a sniper doesn't do his work up close and personal.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 11:11:13 PM »
what century are you from?  In case you didn't notice it's been a long long time since all of the killing in war was done face to face.  Kind of funny being upset that a sniper doesn't do his work up close and personal.

Legitimate snipers don't go after guys who "are just standing there minding their own business".  ::)
Kind of sick that such desensitization occurs en masse in a population don't you think? I do.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:12:43 PM »
holy sheizer

1.5 mile kill?

vid or it didnt happen

Don't remember all the details exactly, ...but I think Americans were pinned down by sniper fire, and a couple of Taliban were planting IEDs. The Canadians took them out. The rest is history. Of this part, I'm completely sure,
It happened! The Americans on the scene were quoted as saying "Thank God the Canadians were there!"   8)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:40 PM »
Legitimate snipers don't go after guys who "are just standing there minding their own business".  ::)
Kind of sick that such desensitization occurs en masse in a population don't you think? I do.
I don't think that's what BF meant ::)  I doubt he was just talking about getting off murdering some innocent fella just standing around.  Unless he has serial tendencies.  He's annoying as fuck but serial killer, naaaaa.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 11:36:53 PM »
Don't remember all the details exactly, ...but I think Americans were pinned down by sniper fire, and a couple of Taliban were planting IEDs. The Canadians took them out. The rest is history. Of this part, I'm completely sure,
It happened! The Americans on the scene were quoted as saying "Thank God the Canadians were there!"   8)

a. learn to recognize sarcasm

b. funny how you praise the canadians for helping americans but bash what they did

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 11:41:28 PM »
LOL, chance of an American saying, "thank god the Canadians were there"  About: 1 in 857,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 11:42:59 PM »
LOL, chance of an American saying, "thank god the Canadians were there"  About: 1 in 857,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 :D

lol just wait til china comes to collect their $ and we point them to Canada.  LMAO.  "Little america" has enough firewood and oil to keep a billion people happy, right?

we'll be thankful for them then!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 12:07:45 AM »
ok, nice shooting.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 12:11:40 AM »
ok, nice shooting.

faggy intro but i can dig the marksmanship!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 12:14:46 AM »
a. learn to recognize sarcasm

I could advise others of the same.  ;)

b. funny how you praise the canadians for helping americans but bash what they did

I hardly consider a terrorist planting IEDS and killing Americans as some innocent guy minding his own business.
I can see satisfaction being felt by a soldier doing his job, but I consider it sick coming from a coward who is killing some innocent guy who is just minding his own business. There's a world of difference between Furlong & Malvo. capisci?
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 12:15:59 AM »
sure they do, when you fight a traditional war with armies a sniper will target individuals that dont even know they are there.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 12:16:50 AM »

lol just wait til china comes to collect their $ and we point them to Canada.  LMAO.  "Little america" has enough firewood and oil to keep a billion people happy, right?

we'll be thankful for them then!

YIKES!!!
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 12:26:16 AM »