Author Topic: Top Democrat "dumbfounded" by DHS report labeling Vets as potential Terrorists.  (Read 2170 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Top Dem 'dumbfounded' by 'right-wing extremism' report
Washington Times ^ | Audrey Hudson

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:42:04 AM by JDAM2007

The top House Democrat overseeing the Department of Homeland Security is demanding that officials there explain how and why they wrote and released a controversial report identifying veterans as potential terrorist threats.

Rep. Bennie G. Thompson of Mississippi, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said in a letter to DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano that he was "dumbfounded" such a report would be issued.

"This report appears to raise significant issues involving the privacy and civil liberties of many Americans -- including war veterans," Mr. Thompson said in the letter sent Tuesday.

"As I am certain you agree, freedom of association and freedom of speech are guaranteed to all Americans -- whether a person's beliefs, whatever their political orientation, are 'extremist' or not," Mr. Thompson said.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ______________

Another gift of GWB being abused by the Dems.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
You need to read more carefully.

The DHS report is viewing RIGHT WING EXTREMIST`S as a threat and especially if they try to RECRUIT former military soldiers.

This is not blaming any veteran whatsoever.

We do not want another Timothy McVeigh situation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Dude, you want to take one example out of millions of vets, fine, but I am personally friends with vets from Iraq and Afg. who are utterly pissed off about this who put their life on the line for you and me.

This Dike bitch and ZERO are pissing all over them as usual and as we said they would.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You need to read more carefully.

The DHS report is viewing RIGHT WING EXTREMIST`S as a threat and especially if they try to RECRUIT former military soldiers.

This is not blaming any veteran whatsoever.

We do not want another Timothy McVeigh situation.

The report said that one issue voters are a concern as potential terrorists,like anti-abortion folks.By the way,McVeigh was caused by the governments slaughter of the people at WACO and the killings at Ruby Ridge.Reports like this are what causes right wing extremism.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Dude, you want to take one example out of millions of vets, fine, but I am personally friends with vets from Iraq and Afg. who are utterly pissed off about this who put their life on the line for you and me.

This Dike bitch and ZERO are pissing all over them as usual and as we said they would.

How can any Vet get pissed about this when it is directed towards RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS GROUPS who may want to recruit military veterans.

I don`t get how you are confusing this as an attack on veterans and not on RIGHT WING EXTREMIST GROUPS looking to recruit for ill-purposes?
 ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
The report said that one issue voters are a concern as potential terrorists,like anti-abortion folks.By the way,McVeigh was caused by the governments slaughter of the people at WACO and the killings at Ruby Ridge.Reports like this are what causes right wing extremism.

I hope you are not justifying Timothy McVeighs actions regardless of his motivations real or unrealized or whatever he thought they were. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Anti-illegal immgration, Obama being half black, gun control.

So what do these traitors do:

1.  Talk about adopting AWB2 (Holder & Hillary)

2.  Propose Amnesty for illegals. (On the way)

3.  Race (Holder - "We are all cowards on race")

It seems to me that the government is provoking the actions they claim to trying to scare people about.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How can any Vet get pissed about this when it is directed towards RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS GROUPS who may want to recruit military veterans.

I don`t get how you are confusing this as an attack on veterans and not on RIGHT WING EXTREMIST GROUPS looking to recruit for ill-purposes?
 ???

Rep. Bennie G. Thompson of Mississippi, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, disagrees with you.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I hope you are not justifying Timothy McVeighs actions regardless of his motivations real or unrealized or whatever he thought they were. 

He wasnt justifed and he paid with his life.However,his actions were caused by his rage at the government.Reports like this incite people to go further to the right out of revenge.They see at is "us vs. them".To include anti-abortion folks in with people like MCvEIGH is as idiotic as anything Ive ever seen.How come no warnings on how the economy will inspire poor blacks to commit more violent crimes?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

You posted McVeigh's picture about an event that was not listed in the report.  

If the fed gov pulls shit like WACO and Ruby Ridge again, I guaranty you that there will be McVeigh types coming out of the woodwork again.

I am not condoning it, but telling you that it will happen.    

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
He wasnt justifed and he paid with his life.However,his actions were caused by his rage at the government.Reports like this incite people to go further to the right out of revenge.They see at is "us vs. them".To include anti-abortion folks in with people like MCvEIGH is as idiotic as anything Ive ever seen.How come no warnings on how the economy will inspire poor blacks to commit more violent crimes?
They are not citing ALL Anti-Abortion folk, just the ones who like to make bombs and blow up clinics.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Furthermore,

The DHS also cites LEFT WING groups as well.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Supposedly that same report also listed British Red Coats as potential agitators who plan to colloborate with the Native Americans to overthrow the US government also.

What a fucking joke. I suppose Al Queda decided not to attack us. We really need to worry about Cletus from the Simpsons planting a dirty bomb in NYC or Los Angeles.

I have a lot of faith in our government these days !  :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Supposedly that same report also listed British Red Coats as potential agitators who plan to colloborate with the Native Americans to overthrow the US government also.

What a fucking joke. I suppose Al Queda decided not to attack us. We really need to worry about Cletus from the Simpsons planting a dirty bomb in NYC or Los Angeles.

Please post a link mentioning British RedCoats.

Or it didn`t happen and you just made it up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

1.  12 million illegals pose no risk
2.  Mexican drug gangs pose no risk
3.  90,000 LA gang bangers pose no risk
4.  Al Quaeda pose no risk

BUT:

80 y/o pro life women are a threat
Taxpayers pissed off about illegal aliens flooding their hoods are a threat
Veterans are a threat
People who dont like Obama are a threat.

________________________ ________________________ ________

I got it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
1.  12 million illegals pose no risk
2.  Mexican drug gangs pose no risk
3.  90,000 LA gang bangers pose no risk
4.  Al Quaeda pose no risk

BUT:

80 y/o pro life women are a threat
Taxpayers pissed off about illegal aliens flooding their hoods are a threat
Veterans are a threat
People who dont like Obama are a threat.

________________________ ________________________ ________

I got it.

1. 80 Year old Pro-Life women are NOWHERE on the DHS report.
2. Tax Payers are not Mention on the DHS report.
3. Veterans are not the target of the list. RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS who may try to RECRUIT Veterans are on the list.
4. People and groups who want to assassinate Obama are on the list.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Here is a Copy of the Exact Report.

I hope everyone takes the time to read it.
https://secure.wikileaks.org/leak/us-dhs-right-wing-extremism-2009.pdf

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Here is a Copy of the Exact Report.

I hope everyone takes the time to read it.
https://secure.wikileaks.org/leak/us-dhs-right-wing-extremism-2009.pdf

Keep in mind that this portion is just a footnote and the ENTIRE report covers LEFT WING extremist groups as well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Keep in mind that this portion is just a footnote and the ENTIRE report covers LEFT WING extremist groups as well.

I read it and think it is utter gutter trash considering the facts and data on who committs the most crime in this country.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I read it and think it is utter gutter trash considering the facts and data on who committs the most crime in this country.

You have to read the ENTIRE report that is just a small footnote.  Let me show you what is in the FULL Report and what it covers.

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1220886590914.shtm#2

I&A has five analytic thrusts, aligned with the principal threats to the Homeland addressed by DHS. The first is threats related to border security. We look at all borders - air, land, sea, and virtual - and analyze a range of interlocking threats to include narcotics trafficking, alien and human smuggling, money laundering, and other illicit transnational threats. We also monitor foreign government initiatives that affect border security.

The second is the threat of radicalization and extremism. Our top priority is radicalized Islam (Sunni and Shia groups), but we also look at radicalized domestic groups. We do not monitor known extremists and their activities; instead, we are interested in the radicalization process - why and how people who are attracted to radical beliefs cross the line into violence.

The third is threats from particular groups entering the United States - groups that could be exploited by terrorists or criminals to enter the Homeland legally or to bring in harmful materials. We further focus on travel-related issues of interest to the Department, such as visa categories and the Visa Waiver Program.

The fourth is threats to the Homeland's critical infrastructure and key resources. We integrate all source intelligence from the IC with information from critical infrastructure owners and operators, and, collaboratively with State and Local Fusion Centers, provide a comprehensive tactical and strategic understanding of physical and cyber threats to the critical infrastructure, including threats from nation-states, international and domestic terrorism, and criminal enterprises. Our threat assessments are integrated with other assessments of infrastructure vulnerabilities and the consequences of an incident to define all hazard infrastructure risk for risk-based prioritization and decision making.

The fifth is weapons of mass destruction and health threats. We evaluate and establish a baseline of the actors, their claims, and their plans to conduct attacks involving chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear materials against the Homeland. We also support homeland-focused analysis of global infectious disease, public health, and food, agricultural, and veterinary issues. We provide tailored analytical support on these threats to our state, local, and tribal partners as well as members of the public health, technical, scientific, medical, and response communities.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Think about it though.

If your name is Ahmad and you've been under the watchful eye of the patriot act for 8 years, you can't take a crap without DHS knowing its contents.  There hasn't been a lot of new motivation to stir up terrrorism lately.  The alternative, actually, with Obama kissing al-Jazeera's ass and making nice with world leaders.

On the other hand, there has been a big rise in the number of white, pissed off militant Americans in the last 2 years.  There has been a BIG rise in people hoarding guns and food.  There has been a LOT of talk of gun bans.  The right-wing message boards talk about revolution many times each day.  And we've seen isolated incidents like the one in Pittsburgh where a guy fearing an obama gun ban just decided to splatter 3 cops and fire at 10 more.

If you had to predict which of the 2 potentials for terror acts is gaining momentum, it would logically be the right-wing guys hoarding guns and screaming about revolution.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
That was not the report you originally posted.  

I read the one you posted about the "right wing"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
That was not the report you originally posted.  

I read the one you posted about the "right wing"
That is just a small footnote in that entire report.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
since when do people disagree there are complete wackjobs on the extremes both left and right?  Oh I know, since you can use it as yet another catch all complaint on Obama ::)  The report deals with extremes.  They've also put out reports on left wing extremists which Fox reported DHS has never done.  That's BS, yes they have.  The only thing you all should be noting as idiotic with these type of reports coming out is the attempt to tie NWO/Orwellian worries by people to the extremist ideologies.

Oh yea, and DHS should be abolished.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
That is just a small footnote in that entire report.
apparently nepolitano agrees that it was worded wrong and that an apology is owed to vets...