Author Topic: Georgetown Says It Covered Over Name of Jesus to Comply With White House Request  (Read 4142 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
The people who helped cause this mess are the democrats in congress, the people getting bailed out by Obama, the people obama are hiring for his staff and treasury, Geithner, Paulson, Bush, etc.

You guys voted for Obama and he is the one teaming up with AIG, Geithner, the wall street banksters etc.

I dont see liberals on the left screaming about Obama's appointments and bailouts.

yes I have and I would rather be yelling about the things I don't like, not the things like this.  He gets nailed either way here so why should I give a shit about these kind of stories.  They're a distraction!  I was really starting to get pissed at Obama over some shit and now I find myself driven to defend him more an more over stupid shit.  I wonder how many other moderates who would have started to become vocal over certain things will be wedged by the multitude of bullshit heading their way.  The independent thinking crowd that was growing more and more pissed with both parties was on the rise, now I am sure that is reversing... There is serious shit to talk about and Obama's hand can be forced to side with the people over the banks and corporations but as long as we're bickering on the dumbest of the dumb shit, every president will ignore the people and be manipulated by the jerkoffs who fuck us daily.  I actually tried like hell to guide things on this forum toward some kind of intelligent unity in discussing the true problems America faces, but that turned out to be yet another one of my lame ass delusions.  Never happen and it's sad.  The sheeple of America will continue to be easily manipulated and this trick is the one of the oldest in the book of politics, will we ever learn?  nope...

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Seems a bit bizarre...   :-\
S

BayGBM

• Getbig V
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Jesus-Missing-From-Obamas-Georgetown-Speech.html?corder=&pg=15#comments

Check out how many people are commenting on this. 

Um, no.  Are there people out there with too much time on their hands?  Sure.  But I don't care enough to click that link and read what they are saying.  Like I said, this is a 0. 

Blessed are those who have food, shelter, and comfort enough to find this worthy of getting worked up over.  ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Not to mention.
Um, no.  Are there people out there with too much time on their hands?  Sure.  But I don't care enough to click that link and read what they are saying.  Like I said, this is a 0. 

Blessed are those who have food, shelter, and comfort enough to find this worthy of getting worked up over.  ::)
Not to mention... from the same link as your quotation.

"While the "IHS" directly behind where Obama spoke was covered over, CNSNews.com said the monogram was still visible in 26 other places in the hall during his speech. Those areas just weren't as prominent."

Oooh... he covered up the one behind him... what an evil, evil man.

Republicans are certainly a whiney lot these days.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
I dont watn ANY JESUS, AND ALLAH any BUDA I want NO RELIGIOUS CRAP on ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH MY GOVERNMENT... SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!!!!!!!

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
yes I have and I would rather be yelling about the things I don't like, not the things like this.  He gets nailed either way here so why should I give a shit about these kind of stories.  They're a distraction!  I was really starting to get pissed at Obama over some shit and now I find myself driven to defend him more an more over stupid shit.  I wonder how many other moderates who would have started to become vocal over certain things will be wedged by the multitude of bullshit heading their way.  The independent thinking crowd that was growing more and more pissed with both parties was on the rise, now I am sure that is reversing... There is serious shit to talk about and Obama's hand can be forced to side with the people over the banks and corporations but as long as we're bickering on the dumbest of the dumb shit, every president will ignore the people and be manipulated by the jerkoffs who fuck us daily.  I actually tried like hell to guide things on this forum toward some kind of intelligent unity in discussing the true problems America faces, but that turned out to be yet another one of my lame ass delusions.  Never happen and it's sad.  The sheeple of America will continue to be easily manipulated and this trick is the one of the oldest in the book of politics, will we ever learn?  nope...

At least you live in Wyoming... :)
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I dont watn ANY JESUS, AND ALLAH any BUDA I want NO RELIGIOUS CRAP on ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH MY GOVERNMENT... SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!!!!!!!

He went to Georgetown.  If he did not want religious symbols around he should have picked somehwere else to give the speech, not try to impose himself on the school like that.

I dont blame him though as much as I do spineless Georgetown.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Look, we can think about more than one issue at a time.

I am hearing stuff now about the credit card companies and newspapers asking for bailouts. 

WTF is up with that????

Credit card companies throw these cards at people like water and want us to bail them out????

No way, no more bailouts.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
He went to Georgetown.  If he did not want religious symbols around he should have picked somehwere else to give the speech, not try to impose himself on the school like that.

I dont blame him though as much as I do spineless Georgetown.   
If you don`t blame him, why did you start out blaming him in this thread and what was your intention posting this?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If you don`t blame him, why did you start out blaming him in this thread and why did you bother posting this?

It is significant.  Look at the thread on the web reporting this story.  Over 2300 comments alone!

I expect this from the BO admn.  Its rude and arrogant to ask a host to cover up what are bedrock symbols of ones faith.  I expect no less from this arrogant regime. 

However, I place more blame on Georgetown for agreeing to this nonsense.     

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
It is significant.  Look at the thread on the web reporting this story.  Over 2300 comments alone!

I expect this from the BO admn.  Its rude and arrogant to ask a host to cover up what are bedrock symbols of ones faith.  I expect no less from this arrogant regime. 

However, I place more blame on Georgetown for agreeing to this nonsense.     
If you are angry at Obama and his administration I shudder at what you would have thought about George Washington never setting foot in a church or even going near one while President, Thomas Jefferson for cutting the bible to pieces by removing every single word and instance of the Supernatural and then pasting what was left (not very much), or Franklin Pierce refusing to swear an oath at inauguration instead choosing to affirm rather than swear or Theodore Roosevelt who REFUSED to swear or even put his hand on a bible or John Quincy Adams refusing to use a bible, used a law book instead.

Would you be outraged?  If not, why are you outraged by this? And given the bit of history above, do you think any of that would play well today?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If you are angry at Obama and his administration I shudder at what you would have thought about George Washington never setting foot in a church or even going near one while President, Thomas Jefferson for cutting the bible to pieces by removing every single word and instance of the Supernatural and then pasting what was left (not very much), or Franklin Pierce refusing to swear an oath at inauguration instead choosing to affirm rather than swear or Theodore Roosevelt who REFUSED to swear or even put his hand on a bible or John Quincy Adams refusing to use a bible, used a law book instead.

Would you be outraged?  If not, why are you outraged by this? And given the bit of history above, do you think any of that would play well today?

First off, I dont know if what you are saying is true. 

Second, this is more about the government making demands on a religious insitution to cover up its symbols to accomodate a politician.  You dont see the problem with this? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Someone phone Teh Baby Jebus.  Tu Holmes is delivering the rapture on this thread and from the conservative whining going on, the end of days must be near.

As stated, this is a Zero.  I mean if THIS is all you got to whine about in regards to Obama, then you really ain't got shiiittttt!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL - these right wing CT's crack me up.  At least find something important to develop a CT about.

Here's what is on Pat Robertson's CBN website about this non-issue:

Here is what The White House is telling The Brody File:

The President appreciated the gracious hosts at Georgetown University where he delivered his speech on the state of the economy. Decisions made about the backdrop for the speech were made to have a consistent background of American flags, which is standard for many presidential events. Any suggestions to the contrary are simply false."

More info on the story here.

Georgetown University is saying that The White House made the request to cover all symbols around the stage but it’s important to point out at there are dozens of religious symbols in Gaston Hall and those were not covered up. Also, other still pictures from the event show portraits of Jesus in the background which are off center from the stage. In addition, I can tell you that it has been my experience on the campaign trail that advance teams do typically make backdrops as generic as possible. It’s pretty much standard fare to make them that way. Also, the fact that Georgetown University actually has a perfectly fit triangle piece to cover up the cross and monogram suggests that they have done this before at other events. We are waiting on Georgetown to provide us a response to that questopm.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

First: Its a matter of respect.  Obama clearly has none for where he is.   The comments lay out what is wrong with this far more eloguent than I can.

Secon:  Why is a religious institution denying its core self and identity just to accomodate this self labeled messiah?  Georgetown should be ashemed of itself over this.

Third:  Would he have done this in a mosque?  I dont think so. 

Fourth:  It shows a level of arrogance that is very distrubing in someone who obviously thinks he is an emperor or king. 

It is little thing called the The Establishment clause which is the basis for separation of church and state.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It is little thing called the The Establishment clause which is the basis for separation of church and state.

This is why he should not be going there to give a policy speech in the first place if he needs the school to cover up religious symbols.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
This is why he should not be going there to give a policy speech in the first place if he needs the school to cover up religious symbols.

It's a prestigious school of higher learning... Why not?

They covered it up, he had a great speech and only the crazy Christians think anything was wrong... You vocal minority you.

Had he said "No" to Georgetown's invitation, you'd be bitching because he turned them down saying he doesn't like Christians again.

You guys are whiny as shit and pathetic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

They covered it up, he had a great speech and only the crazy Christians think anything was wrong... You vocal minority you.

Had he said "No" to Georgetown's invitation, you'd be bitching because he turned them down saying he doesn't like Christians again.

You guys are whiny as shit.

Was this the nonsense where he said we must go back to spending like we were? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Was this the nonsense where he said we must go back to spending like we were? 

You have a better way to stimulate the economy? Of course not... You just think you're smarter than the 70% of economists out there.

Why did you try to change the subject? Let's stick to the topic at hand... You're much ado about nothing and you look sad.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

You guys are whiny as shit and pathetic.

Wonderful Post and Quoted for Truth.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You have a better way to stimulate the economy? Of course not... You just think you're smarter than the 70% of economists out there.

Why did you try to change the subject? Let's stick to the topic at hand... You're much ado about nothing and you look sad.

No, I am following the methods of Peter Schiff since he was right about the economy far before anyone else..

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
No, I am following the methods of Peter Schiff since he was right about the economy far before anyone else..

No, you are crying like an 8 year old school girl about absolutely nothing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
You may want to take a look at this:

Peter Schiff Was Wrong
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/01/peter-schiff-was-wrong.html

There are numerous YouTube videos, articles, and references to Peter Schiff being "right" rapidly circulating the globe. While Schiff was indeed correct about the US imploding, most of the praise heaped on Schiff is simply unwarranted, and I can prove it.

First, let's start with a look at the claim being made. Peter Schiff concludes many of his articles, books, etc. with the following statement........