Author Topic: WTF IS WRONG WITH ANDERSON SILVA?  (Read 3740 times)

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: WTF IS WRONG WITH ANDERSON SILVA?
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
It's higher level, more skilled fighting. 

apathy is not a higher level of fighting

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 08:50:42 PM »
apathy is not a higher level of fighting

Andersen had enough interest to get in shape for the fight, go 5 rounds without breaking a sweat and without getting hit once.  I honestly don't think it's "apathy".  Unlike the Kimbo's and Houston Alexanders of the world, he's not going to expose himself to getting KO'd while swinging for the fences...
w

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 06:25:07 AM »
Honestly I hate to say it, but I think that Andersons weight class is one of the weaker ones in the UFC.. I might catch some shit for that, but in all reality how many ex-champs are there in that division? 2 and one of them left cause he couldn't touch the new champ. I just think that Anderson is staying on top of his game cause his weight class is not evolving. Every other weight class seems to get better month in and month out. However this weight class just is stagnant. No wonder why Anderson fights this way, he keeps his belt and still makes money...

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 09:26:29 AM »
Honestly I hate to say it, but I think that Andersons weight class is one of the weaker ones in the UFC.. I might catch some shit for that, but in all reality how many ex-champs are there in that division? 2 and one of them left cause he couldn't touch the new champ. I just think that Anderson is staying on top of his game cause his weight class is not evolving. Every other weight class seems to get better month in and month out. However this weight class just is stagnant. No wonder why Anderson fights this way, he keeps his belt and still makes money...
agreed.
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »

Weakest no doubt..  followed by the Heavyweights...

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »
Weakest no doubt..  followed by the Heavyweights...

Agreed but even the HW division is advancing with guys like Kongo, Carter (5XL gloves), etc.. i cant name really 3 up and comers that even look like stars at this point in Andersons division...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »
Outside of Dan Henderson who is ancient, and Bisping who I think is an absolute joke, there are absolutely no serious guys who can even fight at 185 anymore. Unless GSP moves up, or a guy at 205 with serious skills moves down, that division is pathetic. I actually like the heavyweight division better at this point because at least there is more than one legit fighter.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »
i think the ufc needs to yellow card guys like they did in pride, dana should consider it cause it worked in pride imo. the japanese fans are more concerned with a fighters spirit rather then a guy playing it safe to hold a belt. thats why a guy like gary goodridge, who had a losing record in the hw division could make millions of dollars fighting in japan cause he fought hard and never cared about squeeking out a decision. the yellow card thing is a good idea imo
R

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 08:34:54 AM »
i think the ufc needs to yellow card guys like they did in pride, dana should consider it cause it worked in pride imo. the japanese fans are more concerned with a fighters spirit rather then a guy playing it safe to hold a belt. thats why a guy like gary goodridge, who had a losing record in the hw division could make millions of dollars fighting in japan cause he fought hard and never cared about squeeking out a decision. the yellow card thing is a good idea imo
Never watched alot of Pride........explain the yellow card and how it works.

With sentences, you fuck!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 10:49:21 AM »
Never watched alot of Pride........explain the yellow card and how it works.

With sentences, you fuck!! ;D
If there wasn't enough action, the ref would yellow card the fighters, which would result in a percentage of their purse being forfeited...

w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »
If there wasn't enough action, the ref would yellow card the fighters, which would result in a percentage of their purse being forfeited...

Sounds reasonable, can they implement something like that legally in the US?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
Sounds reasonable, can they implement something like that legally in the US?

they can if you email Dana White and suggest it to him

p.s. I'm pretty impressed that you used the word "implement" correctly in a sentence..