Author Topic: WTF IS WRONG WITH ANDERSON SILVA?  (Read 3741 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
WTF IS WRONG WITH ANDERSON SILVA?
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »
That was the most boring waste of money I have ever had the displeasure to sit thru. Leites had no business being in the ring with him- And Anderson, the vastly superior fighter played footsy with him for 5 rounds and outside of kicking him in the legs repeatedly, did absolutely shit.

- For anyone who watched, Rogan and the other announcer not so subtly hinted that GSP would be fighting Silva at UFC 100.
- Silva got booed the entire fight
- Leites had a good first round and then pretty much mailed it in

I'll tell you one thing, unless GSP does fight Anderson- I'm never ordering another PPV he fights in. Anderson is either bored, or taking his cues from Lyoto Machida. I dont know which.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: WTF IS WRONG WITH ANDERSON SILVA?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 09:59:29 PM »
LOL, hard for Leites to do anything when Anderson was running away every time he got close. Anderson seemed like he didn't want to get into it and tangle with Leites on the ground and standing he only wanted to counter.

WTF the first 2 minutes of the fight went by before anyone actually looked like they were going to throw a punch.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 10:02:15 PM »
It was almost like they made a deal not to hit each other- It was fucking unwatchable.

Have you ever watched the "pound for pound" best fighter in the world get booed, have the sold out capacity crowd chant "Bullshit" in the middle of your fight and then chant another fighters name that was not even on the card-- The crowd was chanting GSP from round 2 on. lol

For anyone arguing between Anderson and Fedor, its not even close.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:08:51 PM »
It was almost like they made a deal not to hit each other- It was fucking unwatchable.

Have you ever watched the "pound for pound" best fighter in the world get booed, have the sold out capacity crowd chant "Bullshit" in the middle of your fight and then chant another fighters name that was not even on the card-- The crowd was chanting GSP from round 2 on. lol

For anyone arguing between Anderson and Fedor, its not even close.
Think GSP will make the move to fight Anderson?

I don't think it would be in GSP's favor to do that now, Anderson just got booed through his entire "championship" fight. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »
the part I found interesting was that against Cote,Silva fought lethargically and was apologetic afterwards,tonight he fought pretty much the same way and was almost defiant afterwards......

startin to get the feeling that Silva's lost that killer instinct and now he's just going through the motions until he retires with all his money

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 11:19:06 PM »
the part I found interesting was that against Cote,Silva fought lethargically and was apologetic afterwards,tonight he fought pretty much the same way and was almost defiant afterwards......

startin to get the feeling that Silva's lost that killer instinct and now he's just going through the motions until he retires with all his money

Bingo....

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »
I remember when Anawatazi fought Anderson years ago in their international Vale Tudo match. Anderson was smiling, waving to the fans and looking more concerned with talking to his corners.

While Anawatazi on the other hand was a straight up killer with one thing on his mind. Killing Silva. The fight started and Anderson had no idea what to do. Anawatazi was on him beating the shit out of him and subbed him very very fast.

I think that is what the fighters who face him have to do. Press him. Everybody has bought into the hype of the best pound for pound fighter in the world shit. They sit back and respect him so much Anderson just sits back and picks them apart.

I want to see a fighter take it to him and fucking press him. Make him work. I think if a fighter did this, in a controlled way, the outcome could be different. Silva is a cocky show boat artist. I would love to see him fight the Killer again at a catch weight of 205 and see how long he lasts. Lol......

Of course Anderson and Dana would never let someone like Anawatazi fight in the UFC......

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 09:41:14 AM »
That was the most boring waste of money I have ever had the displeasure to sit thru. Leites had no business being in the ring with him- And Anderson, the vastly superior fighter played footsy with him for 5 rounds and outside of kicking him in the legs repeatedly, did absolutely shit.

- For anyone who watched, Rogan and the other announcer not so subtly hinted that GSP would be fighting Silva at UFC 100.
- Silva got booed the entire fight
- Leites had a good first round and then pretty much mailed it in

I'll tell you one thing, unless GSP does fight Anderson- I'm never ordering another PPV he fights in. Anderson is either bored, or taking his cues from Lyoto Machida. I dont know which.

I hate to break it to you but GSP is fighting Thiago Alves at UFC 100.  It was announced months ago ::)
w

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »
In this economy, the UFC cannot afford to have duds like this. When the fans get their cable bill for this one, they're gonna be pissed and will be thinking long and hard before buying another.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
I would have loved to have seen another Anderson spectacular finish, but realistically speaking, it's just not going to happen every time.  More and more people will figure his game out and it will make it tougher for him to finish people off.  Leitis never really engaged him and any time Andersen went after him, he went to his back.  It didn't leave Andersen with many choices.  Either stick with his plan and win, or jump into a jj match and possibly lose.  It is what it is.  At least he showed he can breeze through 5 rounds without getting tired or hit once.  The man is still amazing.
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »
Again- Did you order the fight?

It was hinted not so subtly that Anderson may end up fighting GSP at UFC 100.- I know what the card is.

They mentioned it twice. The first time was when they mentioned Anderson weighed in at 182 lbs.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 09:01:30 PM »
Again- Did you order the fight?

It was hinted not so subtly that Anderson may end up fighting GSP at UFC 100.- I know what the card is.

They mentioned it twice. The first time was when they mentioned Anderson weighed in at 182 lbs.

yes I watched the fight. And no, it was not hinted at relative to UFC 100....
w

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 11:34:20 PM »
i think styles make fights in mma also, just like boxing. i think when you got a great bjj guy trying to do whatever it takes to avoid getting tagged and bringing the fight to the ground against a great striker this is what happens sometime. what was anderson supposed to do? jump into the guys guard who is a insane bjj practicioner and most likely be fighting off sub after sub? or worse yet, getting subbed and losing his belt. anderson got the belt and imo the challenger should be trying to take the belt instead of lying on his back, this aint the bjj world championships, its mma. anderson needs a guy who is willing to fight back to make it exciting, look back at most everyone anderson fought who engaged with him and looked what happened, they either got ko,d or subbed, and if that didnt happen they where losing on the judges score cards. anderson cant always finish with a highlight reel ko, the fighters are getting better and better and that makes the odds a harder to ko everyone
R

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »
i think styles make fights in mma also, just like boxing. i think when you got a great bjj guy trying to do whatever it takes to avoid getting tagged and bringing the fight to the ground against a great striker this is what happens sometime. what was anderson supposed to do? jump into the guys guard who is a insane bjj practicioner and most likely be fighting off sub after sub? or worse yet, getting subbed and losing his belt. anderson got the belt and imo the challenger should be trying to take the belt instead of lying on his back, this aint the bjj world championships, its mma. anderson needs a guy who is willing to fight back to make it exciting, look back at most everyone anderson fought who engaged with him and looked what happened, they either got ko,d or subbed, and if that didnt happen they where losing on the judges score cards. anderson cant always finish with a highlight reel ko, the fighters are getting better and better and that makes the odds a harder to ko everyone

Fucking right!!! I'm tired of these JJ bitches relying on that and only that, geez, learn how to fight, this is MIXED MARTIAL ARTS , NOT jiu jitsu, if you want to do purely jj then participate in some world jj tournament.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 08:31:27 AM »
and imo the challenger should be trying to take the belt instead of lying on his back

basically that is all that needs to be said when there is a title on the line. Is the challenger trying to literally take the title?

Happens so many times..a guy gets a shot and "lays back" wants to counter, set up traps like he is the champ and thinks has all day to accomplish this stuff....rds go by and boom they end up on the losing end of a decision and think they fought a great fight.....In reality they prob DID actually fight a great fight but they forgot one thing......this is the one time where you need to "go get it" and get after the champion and push him

as far as anderson...he's going to get the same criticism as Roy Jones jr (whom they are comparing his dominance too) did during his prime. He was a freak, fought his mandatories and destroyed them....basically the mandatories would go into survival mode or just "stop pressing" him and jones was cake walk to a UD victory...no harm, no scratches...easy victory..no need for him to up the tempo as a champ b/c the challenger isn't ...less risk....and nobody wanted any part of him at middle so he had to challenge himself and move to higher weight classes.etc

I see silva following that same path, and he will get criticized like jones did also. The funny thing is, just like jones used to do, if anybody even attempts to press and act tough in there with either guy.......they'd get wiped out and dealt with fast.

......one thing that I can't seem to shake is anderson speaking of retiring and all that....you know what they say...when you talk about it you already have one foot there. This would be a great time for a guy to really apply some pressure on silva imo and push him imo. Problem is who is that guy?

I can see dan henderson taking him a second time around imo to be honest. Dan lost his cool in that 2nd rd and it costed him. Up until then his gameplan was solid I felt. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

basically that is all that needs to be said when there is a title on the line. Is the challenger trying to literally take the title?

Happens so many times..a guy gets a shot and "lays back" wants to counter, set up traps like he is the champ and thinks has all day to accomplish this stuff....rds go by and boom they end up on the losing end of a decision and think they fought a great fight.....In reality they prob DID actually fight a great fight but they forgot one thing......this is the one time where you need to "go get it" and get after the champion and push him

I think the chamion should continually prove he wants to keep the title. Why wait until the challenger pushes? As the champion he should set an example and whoop someone's ass as quickly as possible to show that he truly deserves the title. I can't ever remember a title fight where the champ was booed and another fighters name was chanted during his bout.

Terrible performance on both their part, but I think as the champ, he has to take more responsibility for the fight.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 06:09:59 AM »
I think the chamion should continually prove he wants to keep the title. Why wait until the challenger pushes? As the champion he should set an example and whoop someone's ass as quickly as possible to show that he truly deserves the title. I can't ever remember a title fight where the champ was booed and another fighters name was chanted during his bout.

Terrible performance on both their part, but I think as the champ, he has to take more responsibility for the fight.

I hear what you are saying and from a fan POV that pays to see a fight and see blood,excitement and entertainment...yes....I agree 100%....they should give their ALL even the champion......BUT...... From a fighter perspective, I'd def.let the challenger come my way and destroy him as champ. If he doesn't press i'm not going to open holes for him to counter me half a$$ and get a "lucky shot" as they call it or fluke submission or something.

In the eyes of silva I can promise you he thinks "when I fought franklin, I took it to his a$$" "they need to do the same to me" ...problem is these guys aren't pushing silva. They make those "silent contracts" in there. Hell the last guy silva fought just seemed like he wanted to last 3 rds...pathetic.....get in silva's a$$ and go for it IMO.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »
dana needs to set up a rematch with hendo or better yet let him fight wandy. atleast they got the balls to attack him without being scared.

thats why i say anderson is not p4p the best. he went to ufc to have an easy run in his weight class. when he fights in 205 he fights a can. joe needs to put a bounty on silvas head who ever kos him gets an extra 100 grand or something to that nature

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
dana needs to set up a rematch with hendo or better yet let him fight wandy. atleast they got the balls to attack him without being scared.

thats why i say anderson is not p4p the best. he went to ufc to have an easy run in his weight class. when he fights in 205 he fights a can. joe needs to put a bounty on silvas head who ever kos him gets an extra 100 grand or something to that nature

I love the idea of him having a bounty on his head, but I gurantee that Andersons camp would have a huge fit about that shit... Someone should play the front guy and Dana just give them the money and they announce it on Youtube. The next guy to KO anderson gets a 100G. Then there can be no issues.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 08:39:01 PM »

I love the idea of him having a bounty on his head, but I gurantee that Andersons camp would have a huge fit about that shit... Someone should play the front guy and Dana just give them the money and they announce it on Youtube. The next guy to KO anderson gets a 100G. Then there can be no issues.

That's one of the best suggestions I've heard in a while,  and more then likely it would also score knockout of the night, which would be an extra $70,000 or $60,000 for the guy.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 12:06:19 AM »
The better that guys get, the less exciting fights we'll see.  More and more guys will figure out how to avoid damage & avoid mistakes.  I'm seeing it with guys like Lyoto, GSP & now Andersen.  But, I don't mind it.  It's higher level, more skilled fighting.  If you guys need to see KOs & spectacular finishes, then lets bring back the Kimbo's & Tanks of the world...a bunch of sub-par fighters swinging for the fences.
w

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »
The better that guys get, the less exciting fights we'll see.  More and more guys will figure out how to avoid damage & avoid mistakes.  I'm seeing it with guys like Lyoto, GSP & now Andersen.  But, I don't mind it.  It's higher level, more skilled fighting.  If you guys need to see KOs & spectacular finishes, then lets bring back the Kimbo's & Tanks of the world...a bunch of sub-par fighters swinging for the fences.

It's gonna get to the boring late 90's UFC era where all those jiu jitsu wankers would cuddle on the ground for 30 minutes.... which is when the UFC incidentally lost a ton of fans cause no one wanted to watch that bullshit. The UFC didn't start to get popular again until they instigated the stand up rule, where they had the refs stand the fighters up after 30 seconds of no activity, thank god those times are over!!!!  now the same is basically happening with the stand up guys.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 04:19:40 AM »
I'm glad I didn't bother watching this fight now.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 05:11:56 AM »
  If you guys need to see KOs & spectacular finishes, then lets bring back the Kimbo's & Tanks of the world...a bunch of sub-par fighters swinging for the fences.
Now that sounds exciting!!!!!!!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 07:23:59 AM »
It's gonna get to the boring late 90's UFC era where all those jiu jitsu wankers would cuddle on the ground for 30 minutes.... which is when the UFC incidentally lost a ton of fans cause no one wanted to watch that bullshit. The UFC didn't start to get popular again until they instigated the stand up rule, where they had the refs stand the fighters up after 30 seconds of no activity, thank god those times are over!!!!  now the same is basically happening with the stand up guys.

That's not accurate.  They had already instituted stand up rules before the UFC popularity began to rise.  What revived the UFC was in fact the implementation of rules that have made it much less exciting i.e. banning knees to the head, head butts, kidney kicks, etc.  When they did away with all that, they finally got sanctioned, where able to do events in more states and start doing PPVs again.
w