Author Topic: somewhere, body88 is sobing  (Read 12424 times)

body88

Re: somewhere, body88 is sobing
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 09:09:37 PM »
celts down 0-1   :-* were down 28 at one point

But cut the lead to 5 points in the loss, whats your point and what does that say about how good the Magic are?  They let Boston come back from a 20 point deficit?  The Magic lost to the Celtics tonight by 18 points.

The Celts might lose the series, but your claim of them having no shot has already been disproven in the Magics loss last night.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 10:01:56 PM »
awesome comeback from the Celtics tonight. they keep pulling it out at the end, one advantage of having a veteran team is confidence and stability i guess. Ray Allen played well so did Big Baby..hopefully they can end it and not let it go to 7

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »
dont even get me started on the officiating regarding rondos airball

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 02:05:24 AM »
dont even get me started on the officiating regarding rondos airball

i couldnt watch the game, i was following it on gamecast via espn. i didnt think they could pull it out. seems like they win like this way too often. they have to close it out the next game. injuries really hurt this team to state the obvious

body88

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »
The Magic are imploding within.  Doc Rivers is why the Celtics will never die.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2009, 04:09:49 PM »
he is doing one hell of a job along with Ainge. hope KG is the same when he comes back

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 04:10:17 PM »
The Magic are imploding within.  Doc Rivers is why the Celtics will never die.

Rivers is a very good coach. 

Did you hear Howard's post-game press conference comments?  Threw his coach under the bus.  

This is the first time I've really had a long look at Howard and I have to say his offensive game stinks.  He has no low post moves and very little range.  His FT shooting is awful too.  Someone like that shouldn't be crying about not getting the ball late in the game.  If he was truly a great player, he would demand the ball during the game, not at a press conference.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
Rivers is a very good coach. 

Did you hear Howard's post-game press conference comments?  Threw his coach under the bus.  

This is the first time I've really had a long look at Howard and I have to say his offensive game stinks. He has no low post moves and very little range.  His FT shooting is awful too.  Someone like that shouldn't be crying about not getting the ball late in the game.  If he was truly a great player, he would demand the ball during the game, not at a press conference.  

hahaha Thats what i said. He is athletic. But not quick with the coordinated moves of shaq. Can you beleive my friend actually thought that he and shaq are on the same path as ball players. I had to compare shaq and him at the same ages...my friend finally came around

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2009, 04:41:07 PM »
Hahaha, Rivers and good coach are about as contradictory as "day" and "night". He's the same asshole who almost threw away the Atlanta series last year and the Bulls series this year. One only needs to read a Bill Simmons article if they want to see all of Doc Rivers's fuck ups on one screen. The guy is an awful coach.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »
Hahaha, Rivers and good coach are about as contradictory as "day" and "night". He's the same asshole who almost threw away the Atlanta series last year and the Bulls series this year. One only needs to read a Bill Simmons article if they want to see all of Doc Rivers's fuck ups on one screen. The guy is an awful coach.

with 3 stars on his team...I couuld coach them to a championship

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »

Exactly. Anyone could win with that team. I actually think Doc makes them worse than they actually are.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2009, 04:55:45 PM »
Exactly. Anyone could win with that team. I actually think Doc makes them worse than they actually are.

he sucked in orlando and suked his first year in boston..presto chango. Ray allen and Kevin garnett..he is the savior of bean town

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »
players make "good" coaches in basketball moreso than any other sport

E
E

body88

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »

Of course you could.  FYI, the Celtics are doing a pretty good job minus their biggest star and Powe.  It's funny no one even knew who Paul Peirce was until they won it all last year. I didn't say the guy was a HOF coach, I said the Celt's get their "never say die" attitude from him.  Guys like Rondo, big baby, Perk and so on are not stars who were brought in.  They were drafted and developed by River and Ainge.  All of those guys are playing huge roles in the Celtics winning games.

body88

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »
he sucked in orlando and suked his first year in boston..presto chango. Ray allen and Kevin garnett..he is the savior of bean town

Who brought in and developed Perk, Rondo, Big Baby and others?  I said the guy was a good leader, who said he was the greatest coach ever?  You don't think Rivers is a GOOD coach?  Please.

body88

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2009, 05:47:37 PM »

Explain how.

body88

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2009, 05:50:11 PM »
players make "good" coaches in basketball moreso than any other sport

E

True.  I said the Celtics get their "never say die" attitude from Rivers.  That's all.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2009, 05:54:39 PM »
Explain how.

Read any Bill Simmons article. They usually have a list of 10-15 things Doc has done wrong in the latest series. From ridiculously dumb substitutions (which we've seen in both the Atlanta series last year and the Bulls series this year) to dumb play calling to whatever else. He's not a good coach. Not. At. All.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2009, 05:55:20 PM »
It's funny no one even knew who Paul Peirce was until they won it all last year.

lolwut

body88

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »
Read any Bill Simmons article. They usually have a list of 10-15 things Doc has done wrong in the latest series. From ridiculously dumb substitutions (which we've seen in both the Atlanta series last year and the Bulls series this year) to dumb play calling to whatever else. He's not a good coach. Not. At. All.

I'm familiar.  How do you feel about it?  Look, all I said was the guy gives his team a never say die attitude.  I don't think he's the next Phil Jackson.

body88

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »
lolwut

Before the playoffs last year, people had no idea who Pierce was.  I can't tell you how many b-ball fans outside the east were shocked at how good of a player that Peirce is.  My point is that people don't know about the Celtics history over the last few years and why Doc had a tough time when he first came in. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2009, 06:07:29 PM »
i think you mean the casual yuppies you socialize at the bar dont know about him. Hes a 7 time all star, hardly and under the radar player ala joe johnson

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »

Before the playoffs last year, people had no idea who Pierce was.  I can't tell you how many people outside the east were shocked at how good of a player he was.  My point is that people don't know about the Celtics history of the last few years and why Doc had a tough time when he first came in. 

I pretty much agree.  Any fan of the game had probably heard his name, but because Boston went through a long rebuilding period, they didn't get any prime time coverage.  I had no idea how good Pierce was till I watched him in last year's playoffs.  (Can say the same thing about Bosh, Roy, and other very good players who don't get much coverage.)

I also don't think people should underestimate the value of a good coach.  Phil Jackson came in and took pretty much the same Laker team that couldn't advance in the playoffs and won a championship the next year.  You need more than good players to have a good team.  

Really hard to argue that Rivers is anything other than a good coach when he has a ring.  I think he does a very good job.     

body88

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »
Agreed.  Look at Rondo, Perk, Powe and big baby......

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »
bruins gone  ;D