Author Topic: Excerpt from Lou's interview on MD- the $20 question  (Read 5242 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Excerpt from Lou's interview on MD- the $20 question
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 02:05:59 PM »
very sad guy, i dont know wheter hes broke or is loaded, in the latter case it would be pathetic if he still wants to earn a few bucks with selling hulk stuff at expos.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 02:06:18 PM »

Who said they were living on the breadline? People are just trying to maximize profit. Michael Vick ran a dogfighting ring, and he certainly wasn't strapped for cash, at the time.

Kilmer doesn't need to sell his Batman pics at SuperHero/Comic book conventions. But, he does, because there's money to be made.

does Kilmer really show up to those?  He doesn't seem like that type of guy.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Val Kilmer must have pissed off the Jewish Hierarchy not unlike Micky Rourke...Kilmer has a lot of talent as an actor and just seemed to disappear...Now kilmer is showing up at D-list events looking to score some autograph money...I guess he just didn't know his role :-\

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 02:58:17 PM »
he sued his own family for using their last name 'ferigno' for a business.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »
he sued his own family for using their last name 'ferigno' for a business.

Someone said his brother wore a green tie to a wedding that both he and Lou were attending and Louie came up from behind him with a pair of sissors and cut this brothers tie right in front of everyone...

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 03:13:36 PM »
Val Kilmer charges 100 bucks for a photo?? I kinda doubt that.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

Lou Ferrigno has a point, and I do agree with him.... except for a few instances.

He says the parents sent the kids to get the autographs.  I don't beleive that.  These kids are with their parents and they see Lou as the Hulk, and they want a picture with him.  I am not talking about a teenager, or an adult but a little kid, who is excited to see him.  I can't even imagine Brock Lesner, Frank Mir, and many others doing that.

There is a point of money to be made, but also a point of courtesy.    Crushing a 6 or 7 year old by demanding money from them just because they met someone on tv is wrong.  Take the damn picture with a little kid, it is not going to hurt selling pictures to others. They are not getting an autograph here either.

Yes, I have been to a myriad of conventions and all, but these guys are there at tables specifically to sell autographs with there pictures. That is know well in advance, and they are there for select hours, specifically for that purposes. And I have seen people wait in lines, and get a picture with them, and not get an autographed picture either.  I have also met a number of them around various conventions who gladly let people take their picture too.

Yes, it is a business, I agree with that.  But in every business, you need to have the correct image and advertising too. 

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 04:03:55 PM »
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Val Kilmer must have pissed off the Jewish Hierarchy not unlike Micky Rourke...Kilmer has a lot of talent as an actor and just seemed to disappear...Now kilmer is showing up at D-list events looking to score some autograph money...I guess he just didn't know his role :-\

kilmer has a lot of acting talent hahah...you must not have seen "the saint" or many of his other acting roles...with the exception of his roles in tombstone and his part in heat he has been a mediocre actor at best and has relied on his looks to carry him.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »
Ron, if i ever meet you can i get a signed 8x10?

jehwit

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
A quality hunk of man charging a couple of bucks for a quality product.  The man charges a reasonable price.  I find no fault with this man.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 04:52:19 PM »
Lou Ferrigno has a point, and I do agree with him.... except for a few instances.

He says the parents sent the kids to get the autographs.  I don't beleive that.  These kids are with their parents and they see Lou as the Hulk, and they want a picture with him.  I am not talking about a teenager, or an adult but a little kid, who is excited to see him.  I can't even imagine Brock Lesner, Frank Mir, and many others doing that.

There is a point of money to be made, but also a point of courtesy.    Crushing a 6 or 7 year old by demanding money from them just because they met someone on tv is wrong.  Take the damn picture with a little kid, it is not going to hurt selling pictures to others. They are not getting an autograph here either.

Yes, I have been to a myriad of conventions and all, but these guys are there at tables specifically to sell autographs with there pictures. That is know well in advance, and they are there for select hours, specifically for that purposes. And I have seen people wait in lines, and get a picture with them, and not get an autographed picture either.  I have also met a number of them around various conventions who gladly let people take their picture too.

Yes, it is a business, I agree with that.  But in every business, you need to have the correct image and advertising too. 

Spot on, nobody would deny ''LOOW FUWIGGNOO'' the right to sell photos but by knocking back young kids who just want a quick snap with him is just beyond the pale, and does massive damage to his reputation. LOOW needs to see the big picture (thats $20 please!) and wake up and smell the coffee! :D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 05:02:41 PM »
Romano should have asked him the real Questions.

John: so big lou, how do you feel about how you and Arnolds "life after bodybuilding" took such drastic turns? I mean he was your arch nemesis in Pumping iron...And look 30 years later, he still owns you. He has made millions in movies, married to American Royalty and governer to the 7th largest economy in the world. While you on the other are pedelling photos to 10 year olds for a 20 spot...How does that make you feel big lou?

Lou: Turns green

hahaha    truth hurts like a mofo.  ;D

Nizar

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 12:23:04 AM »

He says the parents sent the kids to get the autographs.  I don't beleive that.  These kids are with their parents and they see Lou as the Hulk, and they want a picture with him. 

Would kids these days even know that Lou was the Hulk back in the day? Apart from occasional reruns the TV show would not be familiar to todays kids.  Only adults would remember watching the hulk series. Todays kids would probably be more interested current stars that they've seen recently (with the exception of cult shows like star trek)

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 01:34:27 AM »
Now that we have brought up buying pictures, let’s talk about this whole stigma attached to Lou about charging little kids $20 to take their picture with them.

“Lou, if a little kid comes up to you at a convention or a show and wants to take his picture with you, why do
you charge them $20?” “That’s a bad rap that came from Valentino. He obviously doesn’t understand what’s going on.” “Well, here’s your chance, Lou. Let’s straighten this thing out once and for all.

Now that we have brought up buying pictures, let’s talk about this whole stigma attached to Lou about charging little kids $20 to take their picture with them.

“Lou, if a little kid comes up to you at a convention or a show and wants to take his picture with you, why do
you charge them $20?” “That’s a bad rap that came from Valentino. He obviously doesn’t understand what’s going on.” “Well, here’s your chance, Lou. Let’s straighten this thing out once and for all.”

None of you whining little, shit bags, of puss, have ever been in the higher echelons of the BB'ing game, have you ?? (rhetorical)

You would know that the 'IFBB' (had you got in the van with the rest of them) gives not the  slightest fuck about it's (coughing fit) athletes !!
If you ain't in the top 10 (male & female competitors) YOU ARE FUCKED & ON YOUR OWN !!

Let's look at the 'premier league Football morons', $200,000 a week (some of them).
F1 ?? uh-hu !!
Pro-Baseball ?? uh-hu !!
Pro-(what you call Football) ?? uh-hu !!
The list goes on.

The 'IFBB' is a fucking traveling circus, & any-one who throws them-selves at the machine is going to get hurt (a bit like HollyWeird).
As I have covered in another thread (I will not go into detail here) what a lot of female BB'ers have to do in Hotel/Motyel rooms,  :o with short, fat, bald, guys in their 50's - just to be able to pay the food/drug bills for next years 'circus tour' - it is fucking sicko mate, propa fucking SICKO !!

'Eddie Abbew' is from down these ways, he uses my mate's supps shop, we asked him back in 05 "are you competing in the comps this year" - 'Eddie' - "NO - I can't afford the flights/accommodation/gyms fees while I am gone"

Yeah, what a great fucking sport this is (muffled laughter).

You put the same time/dedication into (European Football) & you will have a 'super model wife' various country houses in the Shire counties (ex aristocratic manors) a fleet of high performance  'German/Italian' sports cars - a guy to wash/polish them 3 times a week, etc etc..................... .

DRUGS & FOOD COST MONEY OVER 12 MONTHS (you could buy a house with this shit).

Then you are on here moaning about 'Lou' one of the oldest of the old-school crew trying to make a $ !! fuck you & your entire clan of in-bred fuck-wits.
Now go jump of the 'Golden gate bridge' only chain your self to a 60 KG lump of Granite !!
We don't want the harbour patrol, plucking you to safety should you survive the fall.
Now, be gone with you..................... .... ::)
Growth/noob loves me

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 01:43:35 AM »
Take the damn picture with a little kid, it is not going to hurt selling pictures to others. They are not getting an autograph here either.

If I was in a line for some-thing & was paying $20 for the privileged.
Then some little fucker get's it for free bacause he is not yet in possession of a set of CAR KEYS  ??

I WOULD KICK UP A FORCE 20 HURRICANE.
Same rule for all, or NADA !! ::)

OMG.
Growth/noob loves me

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 03:10:28 AM »
None of you whining little, shit bags, of puss, have ever been in the higher echelons of the BB'ing game, have you ?? (rhetorical)

You would know that the 'IFBB' (had you got in the van with the rest of them) gives not the  slightest fuck about it's (coughing fit) athletes !!
If you ain't in the top 10 (male & female competitors) YOU ARE FUCKED & ON YOUR OWN !!

Let's look at the 'premier league Football morons', $200,000 a week (some of them).
F1 ?? uh-hu !!
Pro-Baseball ?? uh-hu !!
The list goes on.

The 'IFBB' is a fucking traveling circus, & any-one who throws them-selves at the machine is going to get hurt (a bit like HollyWeird).
As I have covered in another thread (I will not go into detail here) what a lot of female BB'ers have to do in Hotel/Motyel rooms,  :o with short, fat, bald, guys in their 50's - just to be able to pay the food/drug bills for next years 'circus tour' - it is fucking sicko mate, propa fucking SICKO !!

'Eddie Abew' is from down these ways, he uses my mate's supps shop, we asked him back in 05 "are you competing in the comps this year" - 'Eddie' - "NO - I can't afford the flights/accommodation/gyms fees while I am gone"

Yeah, what a great fucking sport this is (muffled laughter).

You put the same time/dedication into (European Football) & you will have a 'super model wife' various country houses in the Shire counties (ex aristocratic manors) a fleet of high performance  'German/Italian' sports cars - a guy to wash/polish them 3 times a week, etc etc..................... .

Then you are on here moaning about 'Lou' one of the oldest of the old-school crew trying to make a $ !! fuck you & your entire clan of in-bred fuck-wits.
Now go jump of the 'Golden gate bridge' only chain your self to a 60 KG lump of Granite !!
We don't want the harbour patrol, plucking you to safety should you survive the fall.

you negelcted to mention that european/world 'soccer'
blows donkey dick

HTH

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 03:20:21 AM »
everyone's fave,
arnold
did the same years ago

worse than the greene one

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 04:29:28 AM »
blows donkey dick

HTH

Always the last to be picked for the team eh champ?  :D

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 04:49:46 AM »
blows donkey dick

HTH

HARDLY THE ISSUE AT HAND.

Epic 'OT' post from the latest in a line of Morons that make up the 'US' contingent of poster (with the odd exception, you know who you are) ;D

What a fuck-wit ::)
Growth/noob loves me

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2009, 06:09:14 AM »

F1 ?? uh-hu !!
Pro-Baseball ?? uh-hu !!
The list goes on.

'Eddie Abbew' is from down these ways, he uses my mate's supps shop, we asked him back in 05 "are you competing in the comps this year" - 'Eddie' - "NO - I can't afford the flights/accommodation/gyms fees while I am gone"

Yeah, what a great fucking sport this is (muffled laughter). you are so gay with that

Purge_WTF

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009, 09:54:20 AM »
does Kilmer really show up to those?  He doesn't seem like that type of guy.

He was at Chiller in '07. Dude needs to get his ass on the treadmill.

gearsgears

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »
I paid Lou $20  :-\

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2009, 11:01:27 PM »
I don't like being told the truth, why ?? becaur it's huhgly mon

Wadda madda, mawy ??
You no like to hear the truth about the 'IFBB' - you forget guys like 'VL' & me have been around for years.
There is one of your brothers, Eddy Abbew, look at his condition - he was not that far out when we chatted in 05, yet he could not be arsed to compete, cause the pro BB'ing game is for chumps (unless you are Coleman/cuttler).
I a m 38, I know all the shit that goes on at the traveling circus that is the 'IFBB'.
How many 'IFBB' athletes habe you had honest candid conversations with about what goes on there ??
You are still a puppy, whn eyou can come on a real hunt with us Wolves,you might see.
One day mawy, one day  :-*
Growth/noob loves me

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2009, 11:12:17 PM »
a true civilized confident man doesnt charge shit even not if hes piss broke, he will be proud and thankfull someone offers his time to get on a picture with him.
louie is on the bottom of the dirt and i feel unclean having spent a few minutes talking about him.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »
kilmer has a lot of acting talent hahah...you must not have seen "the saint" or many of his other acting roles...with the exception of his roles in tombstone and his part in heat he has been a mediocre actor at best and has relied on his looks to carry him.

The guy was fucking gold in "The Doors"...