Author Topic: Meso tricep  (Read 7066 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Meso tricep
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
see if i did that for tris
bent over cable
and machine dips...
i wouldnt feel anything even if i did 50 reps per set....
if i did 10 even worse....
it all come down to being different... not patting myself on the back but few pople actually are able to keep up.... my muscles are just condiyiponed for endurance...
low volumn... never works for me......works for a few people i have trained with but not me

Ah but you are doing just that. Nothing new there.
I hate the State.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 12:03:28 PM »
pumpster i actually love to train with you
there must be something different your doing
why you can still get sore for 3 sets of over cable extensions and 3 sets of dips...
im always open to learn..maybe the next time i visit the states
choice is an illusion

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »
why you can still get sore for 3 sets of over cable extensions and 3 sets of dips...

You are arrogant as hell.
I hate the State.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »
question regarding that dip machince you posted pumpster.. do you sit facing the stack or away...
after years of pronouncing machine dips worthless
i tried sitting facing away knuckles facing.. and that really smoked my outer tri head....
how do u use it
choice is an illusion

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »
You are arrogant as hell.

maybe youre the arrogant here?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »
maybe youre the arrogant here?

Quite the oppositie. Notice how our genetic wonder slips in the self-serving compliments every now and then...
I hate the State.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »

Ya man, let's do that.

In the meantime anyone who wants to talk pm me and we'll talk on the phone or even better especially for overseas use skype.com for free. Much better than emails - more efficient. ;D

I'm still sore from 5-6 sets a muscle. :D

It's choosing the right, best exercises - the best machines or whatever else works for you-plus tremendous intensity to and beyond failure, and focus - somewhere between HIT and volume. You can always add 2-3 more sets, make it 8-9 sets instead of 5-6 if desired, or add more exercises while doing less sets for each exercise in order to keep total sets the same.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »
Quite the oppositie. Notice how our genetic wonder slips in the self-serving compliments every now and then...

Meso Z strikes me as clearly in the young n beligerent phase, though of course he's blissfully unaware of it. A few years more that will probably change as the testosterone subsides a little, as it does for most. ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 01:22:02 PM »
question regarding that dip machince you posted pumpster.. do you sit facing the stack or away...
i tried sitting facing away knuckles facing.. and that really smoked my outer tri head....
how do u use it

In a Flex mag where they followed Phil Heath around, he did the machine dips front to back, and he said he could really feel them on his outerhead.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »
how do u use it

I've used it in both directions, both are good and slightly different.

My experience is exactly that of Heath-it's brought out the outer medial horseshoe more now after all these years than ALL the alternatives done for years and years, such as close-grip bench, pushdowns, dips. The most efficient exercise for that area.

Pushdowns are a classic example of one of the most over-rated exercises that the book says are good but were more or less a waste of time, after decades of doing them. Not efficient. The only good way of doing them with a standard cable attachment is elbows flared out wide-it's like a close-grip bench but better in that case.

Dip machine to me is gold for the outer lateral and medial head. The best i've found.

Tips:

-i've seen a previous universe winner do this when i was a kid and do same - use partial ROM only on dip machine, only the bottom 1/2 or at most 2/3s - this is the meat of the movement that will effect the muscle, plus doing the upper portion of ROM causes more arm flection when bringing the hands closer to the shoulders, more pressure on the elbows and shoulders that can lead to injuries.

-Keep the reps higher 15-25 - again to avoid potential injury plus the outer heads really respond to those high reps.

-Sometimes use a palms facing in grip.

-Some dip machines allow the grips to be moved farther in or out from your torso, try both and see. I like the grips closer.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 01:42:15 PM »
 volumn works for me tremendously....
icant go what works for someone else i have to go by what works for me....
thats not to say i wont learn about it so i can use it occasionaly
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »

I've used it in both directions, both good and slightly different.

My experience is exactly that of Heath-it's brought out the outer medial horseshoe more now after all these years than ALL the alternatives done for years and years, such as close-grip bench, pushdowns, dips.

Pushdowns are a classic example of one of the most over-rated exercises that the book says are good but were more or less a waste of time, after decades of doing them. The only good way of doing them with a standard cable attachment is elbows flared out wide-it's like a close-grip bench but better in that case.

Dip machine to me is gold for the outer lateral and medial head. The best i've found.

Tips:

-i've seen a previous universe winner do this when i was a kid and do same - use partial ROM only on dip machine, only the bottom 1/2 or at most 2/3s - this is the meat of the movement that will effect the muscle, plus doing the upper portion of ROM causes more arm flection when bringing the hands closer to the shoulders, more pressure on the elbows and shoulders that can lead to injuries.

-Keep the reps higher 15-25 - again to avoid potential injury plus the outer heads really respond to those high reps.

-Sometimes use a palms facing in grip.

-Some dip machines allow the grips to be moved farther in or out from your torso, try both and see. I like the grips closer.

ill try some of those grips on the dips machine.. tomorrow
choice is an illusion

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »
I've noticed guys doing less ROM having better arms than me so maybe there is something to it Pumpster.  I believe it for sure on dips.
Squishy face retard

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
I've noticed guys doing less ROM having better arms than me so maybe there is something to it Pumpster.  I believe it for sure on dips.

have they been working more than you? What type of weight are they using? Where are they in their workout. I typically use a full range, but as I get more towards the end of the workout, I tend to use less full range. Except for dips, and three point push ups.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
have they been working more than you? What type of weight are they using? Where are they in their workout. I typically use a full range, but as I get more towards the end of the workout, I tend to use less full range. Except for dips, and three point push ups.
Well, to be fair my workouts are far different from theirs but arm strength is about the same.  Hammer dips I can handle the same weight, and regular dips I can do a lot of reps.  Could be genetics or my inconsistent arm training of late.  Likely a combo of everything.  I've not yet found the right combo of reps and sets to really get the arms to blow up.  I probably need more carbs.
Squishy face retard

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 06:59:52 AM »
Well, to be fair my workouts are far different from theirs but arm strength is about the same.  Hammer dips I can handle the same weight, and regular dips I can do a lot of reps.  Could be genetics or my inconsistent arm training of late.  Likely a combo of everything.  I've not yet found the right combo of reps and sets to really get the arms to blow up.  I probably need more carbs.

For some odd reason, I like doing tons of sets or exercises. I'll do typically six exercises, roughly 3 sets each. Just for the hell of it. Supersetting dips and three point push-ups.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 08:55:28 AM »
For some odd reason, I like doing tons of sets or exercises. I'll do typically six exercises, roughly 3 sets each. Just for the hell of it. Supersetting dips and three point push-ups.

This is the classic volume mentality; an emotional preference-get that warm pump goin with a nice even tempo, and keep it. Nothin wrong with that, it works even though it's not that efficient and takes more time-it's something like doing lower intensity treadmill for an hour instead of upping the pace to HIIT or somewhere in between those two extremes and getting it done with sooner. They're all effective it's mainly a psychological preference.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 10:56:44 AM »
Did some machine dips oday.. i think i will stick with them for three months.  Se if it will bring out the puter tri head even more
choice is an illusion

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 11:40:13 AM »
here is the bottom line........what works for meso, may not for pumpster......and vice versa.......samir never trained to failure, neither did ronnie and neither did Arnold or Franco.......

Dorian trained to failure......mentzer trained to failure most of the time.

Waller trained to about 90 percent of failure as did Bill Pearl.

I think 1 set is not enough but 20-25 sets is way too much.....IMHO

Everyone is different.....use the system that works best for YOU and only You!!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »
here is the bottom line........what works for meso, may not for pumpster......and vice versa.......samir never trained to failure, neither did ronnie and neither did Arnold or Franco.......

Dorian trained to failure......mentzer trained to failure most of the time.

Waller trained to about 90 percent of failure as did Bill Pearl.

I think 1 set is not enough but 20-25 sets is way too much.....IMHO

Everyone is different.....use the system that works best for YOU and only You!!!

BS Willie..you're using HIT as the definition of failure, which is wrong right out the box. Yates and Menter trained to negative failure, which is more demanding than standard training and is not the standard of hard training.

As far as Schwarzenegger, yes he did train to failure some of the time (t-bar rows, Pumping Iron), and said as much in the movie in saying "the body is not used to the 6th, 7th and 8th reps". Also seen quite clearly in Corney's squat set with Arnold especially last forced rep, as well as Ferrigno's sets in the movie-those were the most inspiring training sequences of the damn movie.

As far as Waller, maybe that's why he didn't have a great physique-he benefitted in several "wins" because he was always one of Weider's boys. Anyone who didn't train to failure we'll never know what their full potential really was even when they looked good-exactly what Sergio confirmed in saying that HIT training with a training partner pushing him and machines brough him to a new level that he wished later he'd continued.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 06:07:40 PM »
Did some machine dips oday.. i think i will stick with them for three months.  Se if it will bring out the puter tri head even more
I think you would like floor presses too Meso.  I did two "heavy" sets today and I got a thick feeling in the outer heads, even at 5 rep sets.
Squishy face retard

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
I've always wondered bout those how do u do those what's the correct techique
choice is an illusion

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 08:35:15 PM »
I've always wondered bout those how do u do those what's the correct techique
I wouldn't claim to have perfect technique but I get into a power rack and set the bar low when I lie on the floor it's low enough to unrack.  I take a grip where my pinky is inside the smooth ring.  I did sets of 5 and worked on keeping the elbows in, more like a PL.
Squishy face retard

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2009, 02:12:54 AM »
cool I'll def give these a try
choice is an illusion

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 07:10:09 AM »
right now i´m training my tris 3 days after Chest training and also 3 days before the next chest training (on chest day i train my already warmed up front delts to, and after triceps training i´m training my side-shoulders.
I had a long time problem with my left ellbow after doing a lot of (to heavy) french-press in the past 28 yrs. In the last 3 years i decided
only to use the exercises which don´t inflame my ellbows to much (I´m close to 46 yrs old), which are close-grip benchpress, some kind of dip-variations too build general strength/mass, medium-to heavy cable extensions (mass), and some kind of isolation movements like
rope-extensions, 1 arm cable extensions,...
Normally i use 3 different exercises, working up from heavy to medium weights. i also use a lot of Pitt-Force-Training which take a lot of stress from my tendoms...starting with the positive phase of the rep and a controlled negative + a short rest....

example....

1. close grip bench-press (smith machine), 4 -5 warmup sets + 2-3 heavy sets (3-7 reps), starting each rep from the bottom

2. Cable extensions (here a version on an incline bench), relative heavy weights (7-10 reps), 2 warm-up before

3. rope-extensions (pitt-Force-Set, around 15-25 reps), 1 warm-up before