Author Topic: Official Montreal Screwjob thread  (Read 9211 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Official Montreal Screwjob thread
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 05:45:16 PM »
Now you’ve got me second-guessing. ???
I thought Bret wanted to forfeit the belt, but I could be wrong, too.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »
IMO, when the guy that signs your paycheck asks you to do your job, you STFU and do it, even if it's in your home town.

I think Brets biggest problem was he believed his own catchphrase.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »
Yeah.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, too:
Bret’s biggest fan is Bret.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 07:08:38 PM »
You cannot blame the guy for being confident. He climbed from the very bottom to the top. It was different back then being on the bottom because the top was a superstar named Hulk Hogan. A position I'm sure everyone thought they could never achieve. Thats why it's so amazing how far HBK and Bret came. Really F'n amazing. So now Bret has come from nothing and became the most wanted man in professional wrestling. WCW offering him loads of cash in the most transitional time wrestling history has ever seen. You cannot blame the guy for feeling/thinking he was Gods gift. He was truly on top of the world!!!!!! Then he got ran over by a truck with the license plate reading VKM. The only thing that could make it worse is if HBK was banging Mrs. Hitman. Bret Hart will never get over how badly he was owned in Montreal. It's an absolute shame how bad that guy got bent over that night in Canada. Thanks for posting all the vids. Really have been enjoying this thread.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 04:12:59 AM »
Now you’ve got me second-guessing. ???
I thought Bret wanted to forfeit the belt, but I could be wrong, too.

You are correct. if you watch "Wrestling with Shadows" you will see the entire backstage saga on this. Bret & Vince agreed to have the match end in a double disqualification and then the next night on raw Bret would surrender the title and give a speech (which IMO is stupid). What everyone forgets is the reason why Bret didn't want to loose to Michael's is because Michael's didn't want to loose to Bret either. After Michael's beat Bret at WM he was supposed to return the favor to Bret a year later but he didn't which is why Bret was pissed at him in the first place. Plus to top it off, McMahon backed out of their 20 year deal which would have had Bret retire with the company. That didn't help matters. Bret is easily on of the top ten best wrestlers but when you leave a territory, you need to drop the title regardless. I think both sides were clearly both wrong and it could have been handled much better.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 05:30:21 AM »
...when you leave a territory, you need to drop the title regardless.

Unless you're Madussa. ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 07:01:27 AM »
Unless you're Madussa. ;)

lol....then you toss it in the trash  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 08:52:39 AM »
You are correct. if you watch "Wrestling with Shadows" you will see the entire backstage saga on this. Bret & Vince agreed to have the match end in a double disqualification and then the next night on raw Bret would surrender the title and give a speech (which IMO is stupid). What everyone forgets is the reason why Bret didn't want to loose to Michael's is because Michael's didn't want to loose to Bret either. After Michael's beat Bret at WM he was supposed to return the favor to Bret a year later but he didn't which is why Bret was pissed at him in the first place. Plus to top it off, McMahon backed out of their 20 year deal which would have had Bret retire with the company. That didn't help matters. Bret is easily on of the top ten best wrestlers but when you leave a territory, you need to drop the title regardless. I think both sides were clearly both wrong and it could have been handled much better.

I stand corrected.  I thought I read/saw where Bret wanted to do another match on RAW and lose the title there.  If not, I can see Vince's point of not wanting him to walk away from the PPV with the title.  Considering the legit heat with Shaun. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
I stand corrected.  I thought I read/saw where Bret wanted to do another match on RAW and lose the title there.  If not, I can see Vince's point of not wanting him to walk away from the PPV with the title.  Considering the legit heat with Shaun. 
Exactly. He was already getting destroyed in the ratings by WCW. I don't think anyone realizes but Turner almost put Vince out of business. Vince was shrud and with a little luck he bounced back.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 08:46:30 PM »
Exactly. He was already getting destroyed in the ratings by WCW. I don't think anyone realizes but Turner almost put Vince out of business. Vince was shrud and with a little luck he bounced back.
Statements like these make no sense to me? The WCW is a story to be told around a campfire, before bedtime. It's gone. Ask my eight year old nephew who loves wrestling what a WCW is??? I watched a show on the history channel the other day about local legends and myths. They talked about the Easter bunny, Big Foot, and the WCW! As much as I don't like the direction the Federation has gone? Since I was about five years old I fell in love with the WWF. I never sold out. Never jumped the NWO bandwagon. And yes sir I was very pressured to when Bobby and Mr. P jumped ship. I never sold out and pressed through. Im for the Federation until the day I die. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Zero sympathy on my end for Bret. I've been to Montreal before and hated it.......

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 04:12:33 AM »
Statements like these make no sense to me? The WCW is a story to be told around a campfire, before bedtime. It's gone. Ask my eight year old nephew who loves wrestling what a WCW is??? I watched a show on the history channel the other day about local legends and myths. They talked about the Easter bunny, Big Foot, and the WCW! As much as I don't like the direction the Federation has gone? Since I was about five years old I fell in love with the WWF. I never sold out. Never jumped the NWO bandwagon. And yes sir I was very pressured to when Bobby and Mr. P jumped ship. I never sold out and pressed through. Im for the Federation until the day I die. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Zero sympathy on my end for Bret. I've been to Montreal before and hated it.......

What in God's name are you talking about? Easter Bunny? Big foot? AWA is gone. NWA (JCP) is gone. WCCW is gone. Does this mean we are not allowed to talk about it? Glad you enjoy the WWE. I do too, believe me. But they were NOT the only organization out there at the time. Good for you that you have zero sympathy for Bret. Are we not allowed to state our opinions? You are right. MOntreal does SUCK.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »
What in God's name are you talking about? Easter Bunny? Big foot? AWA is gone. NWA (JCP) is gone. WCCW is gone. Does this mean we are not allowed to talk about it? Glad you enjoy the WWE. I do too, believe me. But they were NOT the only organization out there at the time. Good for you that you have zero sympathy for Bret. Are we not allowed to state our opinions? You are right. MOntreal does SUCK.

Shouldn't this guy have technically stopped watching the WWF when it became the WWE?  ::)  So much for a rich tradition or past,huh ?

I enjoy looking back at the past territories far more then anything that is currently going on.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 08:57:10 AM »
I enjoy looking back at the past territories far more then anything that is currently going on.

If you haven't already, check out this site.
I think you'll enjoy it.

http://www.kayfabememories.com/

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »
Shouldn't this guy have technically stopped watching the WWF when it became the WWE?  ::)  So much for a rich tradition or past,huh ?

I agree. There were lots of territories that had amazing wrestlers. Its not all about WWE and only WWE.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »
I just have extreme hatred for WCW. I hated the NWO. The living legend and Shivanni. I hated that Mongo became a Horseman. I still loose sleep because of what they did to my beloved Mr. Perfect. It was one of the best days of my life seeing Shane O'Mac on Nitro. I got goose bumps just thinking about it. We won. NWO for life? They're done. I don't think I ever hated anything more in my life to be honest. I hate Eric Bischoff until the day I die.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 07:32:03 PM »
I just have extreme hatred for WCW. I hated the NWO. The living legend and Shivanni. I hated that Mongo became a Horseman. I still loose sleep because of what they did to my beloved Mr. Perfect. It was one of the best days of my life seeing Shane O'Mac on Nitro. I got goose bumps just thinking about it. We won. NWO for life? They're done. I don't think I ever hated anything more in my life to be honest. I hate Eric Bischoff until the day I die.
Meltdown.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »
Meltdown.

Over a "work."  ::)

J/K Chef.
 ;)

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 08:39:25 PM »
Meltdown.
You said it my man. I'll never get over it. It used to seriously bother me. The years of therapy have helped though.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »
You said it my man. I'll never get over it. It used to seriously bother me. The years of therapy have helped though.
If I had the desire to put out the effort, I'd find that YouTube video of the "it's still real to me" guy for you.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »
Bret should have done what Vince wanted no matter what, he's the boss.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 05:46:58 AM »
Bret should have done what Vince wanted no matter what, he's the boss.

Did you watch the documentary KK?  Bret was doing what Vince had asked him to do in their discussion of the finish.  It was Vince and Shaun who "changed" it.  They have a tape of the discussion that took place in regards to the finish and Vince agreed to let there be a shmoz (sp) ending at the PPV.  I think Vince should have just told Bret no at that point and then if Bret didn't like it, tell him to hit the road. 

On a related note, does your dad know of anytime that a finish was agreed upon in the dressing room and then changed by either the wrestlers or promoter without everybody knowing?  Just curious.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 05:54:48 AM »
I thought something like this happened to Dick the Bruiser.

Or maybe it was Dick Murdoch?
Karl would definitely know about the latter.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 05:58:36 AM »
I thought something like this happened to Dick the Bruiser.

Or maybe it was Dick Murdoch?
Karl would definitely know about the latter.

I'm sure it's taken place, but in those days the wrestlers knew that if they said anything they would get blackballed.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
All of those fvcking promoters worked together back then.

I’ve heard awful stories of the shit they would pull – ganging up on the wrestlers to get even and “prove points.”
A guy could even move to a different territory thinking he’s got a fresh start, and BAM!
He’s fvcked…

…not in a good way.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009, 04:33:36 AM »
All of those fvcking promoters worked together back then.

I’ve heard awful stories of the shit they would pull – ganging up on the wrestlers to get even and “prove points.”
A guy could even move to a different territory thinking he’s got a fresh start, and BAM!
He’s fvcked…

…not in a good way.
AWA promoter Vern Gagne offered the Iron Shiek 100,000 dollars to break Hogan's leg and leave WWF to go to AWA with the federation's belt. Shiek said he was a very religious and respected man and wouldn't even do it for a hundred million. He told Hogan about this to fill him in too. Its all on the Hogan dvd. Pretty interesting stuff. Of course, Vern denied it all in shoot interviews but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.