Author Topic: only one excersize per bodypart  (Read 1000 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
only one excersize per bodypart
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:27:39 PM »
shoulders/traps - clean and press also works out the traps, forearms, biceps, triceps, and upper back
back - deadlifts wide and narrow, nothing better for thickness and if you alternate the technique doing elevated, rack, and wide deadlifts you can really hit every part of the body...
legs - like the deadlift its a total body workout
chest - flat bench press ( close grip middle chest , wide grip outer pec, neck presses upper pec's)
arms- hammer curls (recruits some shoulder, traps, forearms, and biceps)
triceps - dips (also recruits lower chest, delts, and triceps)

what if for example instead of doing
4 sets of incline, 4 sets of decline, 4 sets of flat or whatever
you would do 8-12 sets of regular flat bench going from 15 reps-2 reps

would you gain quality mass ?

same thing applies for each muscle group with listed exercise's 

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: only one excersize per bodypart
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:04:22 AM »
Why don't you work on gaining the "quality mass" first with acceptable, ass-busting, grueling workouts?

When you finally (if ever) get the quality mass you are seeking, then employ these "one exercise" routines and see if they are enough to maintain whatchu got.

Hopefully you know when you have quality mass. Seems many here are mistaking quality fat and quality bone for quality muscle...

it's all about intensity for stimulus and recovery for growth.

I personally wouldnt be satisfied with only one exercise per bodypart, even if I repped it to death with enuff weight and intensity to make me drop. I need at least two ex. per BP.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 03:20:01 AM »
You build "quality mass" by sticking to one exercise per bodypart and by pushing yourself harder and harder each time through those exercises.  Just because you do 5 exercises for chest doesn't mean your pushing yourself harder than a guy who does one exercise two to three times a week.  This is pretty much how everyone trained until all the mags cames out. 

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 03:42:32 AM »
Thats what im trying to do right now, at the Most 2 exersizes per bodypart witha  bunch of sets, im not trying to grow though so Im not going heavy but keeping it intense,
After the diet im gonna try to same thing but will go Heavy

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 03:55:59 AM »
shoulders/traps - clean and press also works out the traps, forearms, biceps, triceps, and upper back
back - deadlifts wide and narrow, nothing better for thickness and if you alternate the technique doing elevated, rack, and wide deadlifts you can really hit every part of the body...
chest - flat bench press ( close grip middle chest , wide grip outer pec, neck presses upper pec's)

I agree with you I usually go like 6+ on the incline bench, I have even gone as high as 10 sets.  I know that the term mind muscle connection is trite but if an exercise has a good feel on that day then I would be inclined to stick with it for as many sets as can be justified.

I  hate it that everyone is so regimented and so "formulamatic", also I find that doing fewer reps and more sets works better for me.

I

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 03:57:49 AM »

I  hate it that everyone is so regimented and so "formulamatic", also I find that doing fewer reps and more sets works better for me.

THis is a great point Red Hook.  Many lifters make great gains on programs like 8x3, 10x3, and 7x4.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 04:24:47 AM »
I spent a year doing one exercise per bodypart and made my best gains.  Used 6x6, 8x8, 10x10 etc.

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 04:29:20 AM »
I spent a year doing one exercise per bodypart and made my best gains.  Used 6x6, 8x8, 10x10 etc.

Exactly! I think this is Very underrated!

"different angles bla bla BS"

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:04:16 AM »
You build "quality mass" by sticking to one exercise per bodypart and by pushing yourself harder and harder each time through those exercises.  Just because you do 5 exercises for chest doesn't mean your pushing yourself harder than a guy who does one exercise two to three times a week.  This is pretty much how everyone trained until all the mags cames out. 

Word.

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 07:11:11 AM »
I just tailor my workout to what make me feel it the most the next day. If i'm not sore then I didn't go hard enough or the particular exercises I choose were wrong and I need to switch it up. Occasionally I'll do an exercise i wouldn't normally do because a hot girl is nearby, but who doesn't do that  ;D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 07:36:54 AM »

I like this approach to training and I also like the exercise selection. I think that hammers are the best for biceps and bench is the best for chest. I have never really tried the clean and press but I will soon give those a try. Great post!

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 07:42:59 AM »

I do agree with most of these excercises so these are the one's i usually do first in my workout. My first two exercises are the ones that i feel really pack on size then I just sort of adjust what i do after that the hit my muscles from "all angles" and give them some variety.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 07:50:18 AM »
thats not vince gironda

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 07:57:06 AM »
i have a personal tailor.